PDA

View Full Version : 1975 Belmont Stakes

joanied
01-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Hi all,

I have been searching around the web for video clips of Foolish Pleasure's races. I have the Derby, Preakness, '76 Suburban and the Wood Memorial...
no doubt there has to be video's of all his other races, which in time I would like to find...but for now I am desperate to find the '75 Belmont...there has got to be video of that race, even if it's just the stretch run.

Can any of you fine folks point me to this video? (I did a search on 'youtube', but came up :mad: empty. I did a search using the race name, date, and Foolish Pleasure, which brought up tons of info, including my own web site...but no '75 Belmont)

THANKS

samyn on the green
01-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Belmont stakes 1975
(mms://dwn.posttime.edgestreams.net/nyra/belmonts/1975/hi.wmv)

NYRA has all of these on its Belmont homepage.

joanied
01-14-2008, 07:18 PM
:ThmbUp: samyn,
THANK YOU!! I did check Belmont's web site :blush: but didn't see that they had all the Belmont's...guess I need new glasses!!
Now I need to see if I can find video of some more of Foolish Pleasure's races...except the Match Race...don't need that one, don't want that one.
I used to have the '75 Belmont program (I was there) but gave it to Foolish Pleasure's last owners.
I was rubbing horses for Buddy Hirsch at that time, and we had Avatar in one of our barns...Shoemaker told me to bet the horse, but I loved Foolish, so let my heart rule my head...he almost pulled it off too. OHWELL!!

Again...thanks...hey, I am from New York...Brooklyn.

samyn on the green
01-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Try this page. (http://nyra.com/Belmont/Broadcast/Video/BelmontStakes.html)

You have to go to NYRA.com then the belmont section. Then go to stakes race videos then click more videos then Belmont stakes.

whyhorseofcourse
01-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Try this page. (http://nyra.com/Belmont/Broadcast/Video/BelmontStakes.html)

You have to go to NYRA.com then the belmont section. Then go to stakes race videos then click more videos then Belmont stakes.

Thanks for the link, I enjoyed watching a few of those.

joanied
01-15-2008, 05:02 PM
samyn,

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
I was able to save the video... and it sure was fun looking at some of the other Belmonts they have...super!!
:)

samyn on the green
01-15-2008, 05:18 PM
NYRA has a very useful track website with many resources and great historical information. Every stakes race video run at NYRA since 2001 is listed on their site along with Belmonts and Travers going back to the 1930's.

The Churchill and Magna websites do not compare to the NYRA website.

joanied
01-15-2008, 06:17 PM
:) Yes indeed... ya just need to get into the site...as I have discovered with your help, samyn...thanks again. Sometimes I just can't get enough nostalgia, and looking at all the video's NYRA has is awesome... guess it take New York to do it right :jump: