PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct Sunday 26th 7th Race

Jrdhorse
01-25-2003, 07:52 PM
Aqueduct 7th Race the horse is ------NO PRESSURE------------ Capuano likes this horse!!!!!;)

I get my tips from my brother who is a groom at a major track.

Suff
01-25-2003, 08:06 PM
Capuano's is his trainer... I sure hope he likes him... he entered him in the race... he's an obvious contender as he's been installed at 3-1.................I don't like um though... Do you? I like a double digit horse here... If I get a few minutes I'll rip it apart later... Betting Sammy now and surgically tearing apart the ninth... First run through landed me on the 6-7-8 in the 7th

Jrdhorse
01-25-2003, 08:23 PM
I always like the horses my brother gives me because at least I know the horse is fit and training well and ready to run his best. Doesnt always mean they will win but at least he will be ready to fire a good one. I still handicap the race and wager accordingly. I only wager on the info I recieve and have been doing quite well as this keeps me from playing to many pieces in this tough game to beat!!!!!!!!:cool:

Suff
01-25-2003, 09:03 PM
true.... tough game... Looks to be alot of competitive speed in here... and not racing since may raises stamina questions... Hard to argue with a horse that's never missed a Trifecta in 5 starts.. and has the look of a stakes horse in the near future.... You would'nt happen to know why he raced for Purse Money only in his Debut would you?... The longer look at him.. The more I feel... If he's fit and tuned.. he's gonna be a handfull.... I'm gonna fire off an e-mail to a Laurel connection and see what he has to say about the horse

Jrdhorse
01-25-2003, 09:07 PM
Suff not sure why he ran for purse money only in debut. Let me know if you Laurel connections have anything to say!!!

cj
01-25-2003, 09:24 PM
The 9 Team Player looks real tough in this heat. Suff, you hear anything on this guy before he departed town?

CJ

Suff
01-25-2003, 09:54 PM
I know... Mostly Jockey agents over there that would give me the staight poop on a horse if I asked them.... I've never mentioned it... But I was self-employed for a number of years and Suffolk downs was one of my biggest accounts....And I used to pick up alot of stuff in the Barns back then... But nowadays... everyone of there is so miserable.. I don't even bother asking

Couple of things I picked up by looking.... Lozcano is a Lunch pail kinda Jock... he's 2 for 51 this year so far... bernardini used to be bigger trainer here.. he has'nt had a win yet this year... I don't think he's started 4 horses... but anyway,,, When phone rings in the morning I'll stick a Thermometer in and see what how hot it gets. Notice Lozczzno got the mount at 18-1 and inherited the horse.. then he goes 6f in 115?

another thing is NY has a HIGHER lasix limit than MA... and we use BUTE legally here... so he dropped the BUTE and upped the LASIX on the way down the MASS PIKE probably. Might have responded well to the meds

Those races he has run at Suffolk are the best they have,,, an allow17K is about as good as it gets here.

1/2 length from Papua is no fluke... horse is a player for sure

Suff
01-25-2003, 10:32 PM
Well, first it looks like the Santa Anita horse bled - prolly WAY too
fast a half .. prolly happened in WOs too ...
As for Dale's horse tomorrow, I was talking to someone from their
barn about an hour before I got this email, but I wasn't really
interested in that horse so I wasn't paying close attention to the
comments ... anyway she says it is okay, but I'd be cautious -
they're not sending the "A" team to NY and Dale doesn't have the same
success up there that Tony Dutrow does ... also, that barn is in a
state of re-building after some tough times, and when they have tough
times, they REALLY have tough times .... I'll see if I can find out
anything tomorrow .... This one looks okay to me, but ONLY okay. BTW,
be careful about MD horses running one-to-a-program ... Tony sends up
the van with empty spaces, so other trainers sometimes take advantage
of the free trip to van up there ... thing is, Tony's horses stable
for a day or two in his brother's barn at Belmont, while the other
guys have to run rite off the van - it's a tough 5 1/2 hour trip, and
most horses will suffer somewhat from the experience .. you see the
same thing happening with horses shipping here from NY

WINMANWIN
01-25-2003, 11:45 PM
Yes, That 7th seems to be a real dandy ! Appears to be some true speed also. As we remember the 9 Team Player running is heart out and just missing to Papua last out.Capuano's hoss has run against some nice horses.He ran a nice race to Sarava the
Belmont winner last may and does show some good works. I believe Dale had a winner earlier in the week, with his 1st shipper
to the inner. I can make a case for a few in here......lol....
I have a fondness for Glamdring who I caught at 9 to 1 and
last outing at 5 to 1. He's got a good turn of foot the last 1/4 and
may run a big one with this speed filled field. Intriguing race, and
nice to chit chat about. With that said, I'm still pondering this one.
Good luck !:confused:

Suff
01-26-2003, 12:23 PM
Two other trainers to watch: First is Ben Felicano Jr., who won with
Crossing Point at AQU today ... He is absolutely deadly in races of 6
fur or less (ironic, since his father could only ride in long races)
and does NOT ship friviously, so Crossing Point (an Allen's Prospect
horse) looked perfect today .. check the fractions ... anyway, I
didn't touch it because I knew it would be less than even money ..
easy enuff though ..... Also, Mary Eppler doesn't ship often, but she
has the knack to hit the maidens in NY, much the way Deborah Bodner
does ... can't do anything else though ... with so many horses and
jocks wintering in Florida, things look really thin all up and down
the east coast

Jrdhorse
01-26-2003, 10:16 PM
I take it No Pressure laid an egg. Didnt watch the race did No Pressure even get a call?

I like to keep track of my posts so here is what I am so far.

3 posts 1 win 1 place 0 show