PDA

View Full Version : Giants Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

andicap
01-13-2008, 07:51 PM
What a sweet, sweet victory --- with all those defensive injuries, Burriss playing on one leg....unbelievable!!!!!!!!

cj
01-13-2008, 08:01 PM
T. whO.?

dylbert
01-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Which team is bigger, better cannon fodder for Patriots -- Packers or Giants?

melman
01-13-2008, 08:15 PM
Nice effort by the Cowgirls in the 2nd half a huge total of 3 points. :jump: Guess Jerry Jones is on the phone looking for a new head coach. Since Jerry gave two tickets to the NFC Championship game to each player maybe they can hop a plane to GB and WATCH the game. :)

Gibbon
01-13-2008, 08:31 PM
Defense

JustRalph
01-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Which team is bigger, better cannon fodder for Patriots -- Packers or Giants?

anytime I can choose whether to watch Favre or somebody else...... I am going with Favre

OTM Al
01-13-2008, 10:01 PM
At least we won't have to suffer through "Fun Bowl" 2 with Romo vs Favre. Personally I'd like to see a deer come on the field and gore Favre, but hey, that's just me.

kenwoodallpromos
01-13-2008, 11:48 PM
didn't Roam-o enough! And some stupid fouls late.

andicap
01-14-2008, 08:08 AM
At least we won't have to suffer through "Fun Bowl" 2 with Romo vs Favre. Personally I'd like to see a deer come on the field and gore Favre, but hey, that's just me.

Oh God, can you imagine all those Jessica Simpson stories! What a relief --
Wasn't Romo's fault the 'boys lost tho -- too many penalties and dropped passes.
I'll be the first to say that while the Giants played well they needed -- and got -- a little bit of luck. But hey, that's part of the game too, right? There are plenty of big games when the luck -- and the calls -- go against you.

GaryG
01-14-2008, 09:26 AM
Oh God, can you imagine all those Jessica Simpson stories! Jerry Jones may have her whacked....

boomman
01-14-2008, 09:35 AM

Al: You're right-That is just you!!!! :D

Boomer

delayjf
01-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Dallas’s entire team can take a bite of the the s**t sandwich that is this lose.

The defense:
Missed tackles – four guys missed on Plexico Burass.
Gave up a 70 plus yard drive with 43 seconds left in the half – to include 3 plays over 20 yards – All given up by Jacque Reeves.

Offense:
Inability to take advantage of a depleted NYG secondary. Poor execution of the two minute offense.

Penalties – Possibly the stupidest by Leonard Davis drawing a 15 yard penalty for a late hit negating a 12 yard gain and a first down. If he’s got to hit Strahan he could have waited until after the play was ruled over or the next play, at least it would still be 1 and 25 compared to 3 and 25. He killed the drive.

Dropped passes – the obvious by Clayton (he had two) – who knows how far he would have run. Drop by Dallas #2 tight-end on a pass that hit him in the chest that would have been a touchdown – instead Dallas settles for a field goal.

Dallas’s inability to get out of bounds on their last drive. Dallas should have called timeout when Witten was ruled in bounds.

Romo – headwork – got sacked for huge losses twice when he could have thrown the ball out of bounds, then throws the ball out of bounds while in the pocket with nobody around him. Romo missed TO on a cross at @ the 5 yard line that probably would have scored. Under threw TO in the end zone and overthrew Clayton in the end zone, which may have been caused by Clayton pulling up briefly during the route, threw into triple coverage on the last play of the game.

Specialty teams – gave up good field position all day long. Which is just as bad as a turnover.

boomman
01-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Dallas’s entire team can take a bite of the the s**t sandwich that is this lose.

The defense:
Missed tackles – four guys missed on Plexico Burass.
Gave up a 70 plus yard drive with 43 seconds left in the half – to include 3 plays over 20 yards – All given up by Jacque Reeves.

Offense:
Inability to take advantage of a depleted NYG secondary. Poor execution of the two minute offense.

Penalties – Possibly the stupidest by Leonard Davis drawing a 15 yard penalty for a late hit negating a 12 yard gain and a first down. If he’s got to hit Strahan he could have waited until after the play was ruled over or the next play, at least it would still be 1 and 25 compared to 3 and 25. He killed the drive.

Dropped passes – the obvious by Clayton (he had two) – who knows how far he would have run. Drop by Dallas #2 tight-end on a pass that hit him in the chest that would have been a touchdown – instead Dallas settles for a field goal.

Dallas’s inability to get out of bounds on their last drive. Dallas should have called timeout when Witten was ruled in bounds.

Romo – headwork – got sacked for huge losses twice when he could have thrown the ball out of bounds, then throws the ball out of bounds while in the pocket with nobody around him. Romo missed TO on a cross at @ the 5 yard line that probably would have scored. Under threw TO in the end zone and overthrew Clayton in the end zone, which may have been caused by Clayton pulling up briefly during the route, threw into triple coverage on the last play of the game.

Specialty teams – gave up good field position all day long. Which is just as bad as a turnover.

Because my wife and in-laws are HUGE Packer fans, I was happy for them that they get another home game as a result of the Giants victory at Dallas. But your analysis of how Dallas "shot themselves in the foot", especially on the poor pass to TO that DEFINITELY would have been a touchdown and the drop by Crayton over the middle that PROBABLY would have been a touchdown (and at the very least a BIG gainer) is absolutely spot on!

Boomer

njcurveball
01-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Oh God, can you imagine all those Jessica Simpson stories! What a relief --
Wasn't Romo's fault the 'boys lost tho -- too many penalties and dropped passes.

I doubt the game was decided on the field as the NY Post tells it. :liar:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01142008/news/nationalnews/boys_seeing_double_409749.htm

OTM Al
01-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Thanks for reminding me why I don't read the Post even when it is the only paper left on the stand.

melman
01-14-2008, 03:48 PM
OTM Al---That Post article was of course tougue in cheek and a cute idea. Have you no sense of humor??

OTM Al
01-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Yeah, when something is actually funny. The Post however simply makes me cringe. Worst excuse for a paper in NYC. Would rather read El Diario and I can't understand much Spanish. Oh those zany newspaper gags.....I still think the deer taking its revenge on Favre would make for great TV though.

If it's Green Bay vs New England, the pregame stuff will be insufferable, completely focusing on Favre and Brady when it has clearly been team efforts in both cases. And then there would be the game with all cameras going to Favre after the Packers score and his fist pumping and the whiny Brady complaining about every call. The Pats are nothing without that O-line. They've even made the Maroney guy look decent lately, that's how good they are. The Packers are nothing until they got a running game. Was actually surprised when I heard the Pakcers hadn't been this far in 10 years. So much for the greatness of Favre. The Post does show the average mentality of football analysis however by thinking some girl had anything at all to do with the Cowboys losing. Got some news for you all. Romo is not nearly as good as he keeps getting credit for. Having "fun" is not a necessity in a player's skill set.

Personally I am an Eli Manning fan. Not a Giants fan, though I must cheer for them since he plays for them. I like him because all the idiot sports writers (until about 3 weeks ago anyway) hated him and constantly dumped on him. Now they are all talking how good he is again. Guess what, he still isn't but I'll still cheer for him. He's kind of a big doof.

Oh, kind of hoping Rivers gets into it with that stupid Pat's mascot like he was going at it with the fans yesterday. I love watching clowns fight.

Gibbon
01-15-2008, 02:07 AM
By the numbers;

Time of possession,
Giants 23:30
Dallas 36:30 !!!

Net yards rushing,
Giants 90
Dallas 154

Net yards passing,
Giants 140
Dallas 182

Total plays,
Giants 44
Dallas 71 !!!

Special teams,
All Giants.

The Pack romp.

OTM Al
01-15-2008, 09:36 AM
On average, those numbers would indicate a losing team, but this game was a little different that most I've seen. When the Giants scored, they did so pretty quickly. The Cowboys on the other hand needed long grinding drives to score, making for the big difference in times. The Giant defence bent, but did a very good job of stopping Dallas before they could score. And of course the only numbers that mattered in the end was 21-17. I would guess the Packers will win if I had to, but I don't think its going to be easy. But since the sportscasters have been telling me that New England is going to win since September, what does it really matter anyway

rastajenk
01-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Sounds like you're ready for the season to be over. I understand. I get that way about Labor Day concerning the baseball year.

OTM Al
01-15-2008, 11:52 AM
I guess we are total opposites because I start missing the baseball season about a week into November and simply watch the NFL for something to watch. Couldn't even get a fix off the Puerto Rican league games we used to be able to see once in a while as the league was discontinued this year. Best thing about Super Bowl is that pitchers and catchers report about 2 weeks after it is over.

njcurveball
01-15-2008, 01:41 PM
January 15, 2008 -- ONLY a blind man cannot see what the Giants (http://shots.snap.com/explore/62237/?key=06028f986cd52d8275d29a0001c8914b&svc=Snap_Shot_Custom%257CNew_York_Post%257CNYPost_ Sports_Teams&tag=New%20York%20Giants&src=&cp=&tol=engage)New York Giants http://i.ixnp.com/images/v3.10.2/t.gif have become, and only a fool would bet against them going to the Super Bowl now.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01152008/sports/giants/coldfeat_921635.htm

Gibbon
01-15-2008, 02:49 PM
jersey; I understand your passion. I also am a rabid Big Blue fan for nearly 30 years. Do not allow you exuberance to dictate play. It’s more important to make good bets than blind loyalties. I'll bet you do not play horses this way.

Eli is an ordinary QB who played two extraordinary games recently. The living legend in GB will take Manning to school.

Please bet wisely. GB minus a TD is the overlay of this years’ playoffs.

... I start missing the baseball season about a week into November and simply watch the NFL for something to watch. Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that. ~ Bill Shankly

njcurveball
01-15-2008, 03:11 PM
jersey; I understand your passion. I also am a rabid Big Blue fan for nearly 30 years.

Good luck with the Giants. I would much rather see a Spring Training Yankees game than the Super Bowl, so I cannot claim any passion.

Just was trying to play the "humor" card on here with the crazy NY Post stories.

In a perfect world, the Patriots would lose and of course in a perfect world we all would have that personal Health Care Bill Clinton promised years ago.

I don't see anyone getting past the Patriots and unless the Giants Defense gets an extra helping of Roids and Amphetamines they are going to be pretty cold and tired by the third quarter.

Jim

OTM Al
01-15-2008, 03:23 PM
I would like to see the heads of the Superbowl broadcasters (is it Fox again? If so more the better) explode if by some miracle the SB was Giants vs Chargers. They would probably still spend half the pregame talking about Brady and Favre though.

shanta
01-15-2008, 03:35 PM
GB minus a TD is the overlay of this years’ playoffs.

Things that look too good to be true usually are.

Pace Cap'n
01-15-2008, 05:03 PM
I would like to see the heads of the Superbowl broadcasters (is it Fox again? If so more the better) explode if by some miracle the SB was Giants vs Chargers. They would probably still spend half the pregame talking about Brady and Favre though.

At least they don't have bands to dote on.

Gibbon
01-19-2008, 02:01 AM
Covers.com checked in with a couple books to see what their handle’s been so far ... Green Bay seems to be the most popular bet right now as just under 79 percent of the early bettors are backing the Packers -7 ... http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=159268&t=0

This is a dirty business, that is why I go out and play with my heart. I feel like football players are overworked and underpaid compared to any other sports. This is like a nine to five. No guaranteed contracts, and that is the worst thing about it. ~ TERRELL OWENS, interview, Jul. 8, 2004

tonto1944
01-19-2008, 08:52 AM
That's why they say "On Any Given Sunday." Farv was very lucky last week with that stupid shuffle pass. If it gets intercepted they could have lost. I am a Giants fan and I also love Farve. But in big games he has made some stupid plays. He got away with one last week. If he does the same he may not get away again. The Giant line will try to pressure him into some mistakes.

And as for these teams being fadder for the Pat's. One play cost the Giants the game against the Pat's. But shoulda woulda coulda ,does not make a win. They beat the Cowboys and that's all she wrote

I would love for the Giants to win Sunday ,but being desimated on D like they are will not help.

Like that great man of wisdom said." It ain't over till it's over".

boomman
01-19-2008, 09:48 AM

Richie: I thought the line last week was "too good to be true" when the Pack was only laying 7 to the sea kitties at home, and then after 2 early turnovers that resulted in Seattle touchdowns, I find myself down 21-0 (counting the points) in the first 5 minutes of the game. WELL, WE ALL SAW HOW THAT TURNED OUT DIDN'T WE?:D Pack is on a roll and at home, Giant's secondary decimated by injuries, let's do the math......;)

Boomer

shanta
01-19-2008, 09:55 AM
Richie: I thought the line last week was "too good to be true" when the Pack was only laying 7 to the sea kitties at home, and then after 2 early turnovers that resulted in Seattle touchdowns, I find myself down 21-0 (counting the points) in the first 5 minutes of the game. WELL, WE ALL SAW HOW THAT TURNED OUT DIDN'T WE?:D Pack is on a roll and at home, Giant's secondary decimated by injuries, let's do the math......;)

Boomer

and with all that you just posted the line is still just 7 points (don't have a clue as football is meaningless to me)??

boomman
01-19-2008, 10:18 AM
and with all that you just posted the line is still just 7 points (don't have a clue as football is meaningless to me)??

Richie: Yep! Obviously there are plenty of Giants bettors out there....;)

Boom

DanG
01-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Growing up a Giant fan in Jersey my heart is obviously with Blue today…

However…the challenges they face are HUGE from a gambling perspective.

Literally their 4th straight game with playoff intensity.
3rd straight involving travel.
The ball will be harder and slicker than Otto Preminger’s head. (Not in Eli’s favor btw)
http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Mptv/1394/th-3285_0158.jpg
The home team is always slightly “warmer” mentally when its ‘342 degrees below zero!!! :eek:
If GB gets more than one score ahead there is little incentive for teams in this round to “keep it close”. Films are not watched on Monday and luxury vacations await the loser.
A Billy Walter's “tell” is when a team by Wed is still answering questions on their previous opponent, such as their Dallas win that has their fan base in heaven. It’s can create a 'lack of focus according to a very good gambler.
Minor injuries (ankles etc) on a team relatively beat up always feel worse in low temperatures.
While Favre is from a warmer climate; for the last 15 years he has been shaving his wedding tackle in ice water.
Tough spot…having said all that…Go Giants!!! :jump:

dylbert
01-20-2008, 12:52 PM
Giants vs. Packers

As a wise man once told me, "too bad they both can't lose."

With Cowboys gone, "haters" have shifted to Eli Manning. Poor guy, just can't catch a break. Eli has two tutors, Archie and Peyton, who have probably shared some information about handling and passing cold football.

I've seen a lot of discussion about cold and QBs, but kickers usually have more difficulty with frigid cold and wind.

Keys to winning for Giants:

1) Use two running backs, three tight ends and pound the ball between tackles. Pound, pound, and pound some more.
2) With running game, manage game down to 2- to 2-1/2 hours to lessen weather impact on both offense and defense.
3) Have some type of trick play for kickoff return -- best chance to manipulate field conditions to your advantage.
4) On defense, keep eight in the box and blitz, blitz, blitz. Route adjustments in cold/wet/frozen conditions become very difficult.

Here's hoping G-I-ants beat the crap out of the bleeping Mustard Bucket headgeared Packers!!!

shanta
01-20-2008, 10:10 PM

Umm like I said :)

cj
01-20-2008, 10:14 PM
YESSSSSSS!

njcurveball
01-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Gotta love this game! The kicker can fail twice and then becomes a hero! :ThmbUp:

What is the line on the BIG GAME now? 21 points?

cj
01-20-2008, 10:15 PM
14.5 is what I heard.

banacek
01-20-2008, 10:20 PM
14.5 is what I heard.

Then give me a bunch of NE -14.5.

Anyone know what the odds were at the start of the playoffs for the Giants making the Super Bowl?

DanG
01-20-2008, 10:23 PM
Pure guts! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

ryesteve
01-20-2008, 11:47 PM
Anyone know what the odds were at the start of the playoffs for the Giants making the Super Bowl?
I forget the exact number I saw at one of the sites, but it was somewhere between +2000 and +3000

cj
01-21-2008, 01:22 AM
The Giants actually dominated that game everywhere but on the scoreboard.

First, there was a fluky, long touchdown where the DBs took inexplicably bad angles. No way Driver should score on that play.

They also handed Green Bay a touchdown with a moronic penalty away from the ball after stopping a 3rd down play. Maybe GB gets a field goal there, maybe not, but definitely not a TD. Also, a DB fumbles after an interception and it falls right into an OL of the Packers and leads to another 3 points. Throw in another 3 for the first missed field goal.

Now, the Giants won't get away with that against New England, but if they cut out the dumb plays they will give them all they want.

andicap
01-21-2008, 05:15 AM
man o man o man o man...what a lovely trip my Big Blue has taken me on.
And profitable too since I backed them again last night despite my doubts -- after all, L've been a loyal Giants fan since the age of six. I can actually remember sitting at the kitchen table listening to them lose to the Packers 16-7 in 1962
Then I died during those lean years until they finally made the playoffs again in 1980 and finally got to the Super Bowl with that great 86 team and that incredible, improbable victory over the Bills -- (90 or 91?)
The loss to the Ravens didn't sting that much because we were all amazed they got there and this year feels the same way. I mean, i really hope they win, but well, the Patriots are SUPPOSED to win -- they're under way more pressure than the Giants because of their undefeated year. The Giants of course would really be crushed to lose but no one expects them to win anyway.

I think the Giants have a decent shot at winning - after all I think they're a better team than the one that almost beat the Pats at home -- playing with more confidence and they've actually been better on the road.

Wasn't Eli just excellent and Plaxico Burress playing on one ankle -- just destroyed Al Harris. And the offensive line has been great protecting Manning and opening up holes for our new Thunder and Lightening, Jacobs and Bradshaw (the 5th from last pick in last year's draft!).
All of this without Shockey! These young guys, Steve Smith, Kevin Boss, have really stepped up and despite dropping some passes Toomer's made some key plays.

Could have killed Sam Madison tho for that bonehead penalty -- i mean he's not a rookie! And R.W. McQuarters, was it the weather that caused him to fumble twice?
I mean the Giants only won by three but they DOMINATED that game -- shut down the Packers running game. No Manning turnovers. Only a few (albeit costly) penalties. Great play by the defensive backs shutting down Favre in the 4th quarter and OT.

All amongst all this last night -- during the Pats game -- I hit a 13-1 shot at Santa Anita on a closer in a route race full of speed.

Not a bad night. :jump:

ryesteve
01-21-2008, 08:27 AM
They also handed Green Bay a touchdown with a moronic penalty away from the ball after stopping a 3rd down play. Maybe GB gets a field goal there, maybe not, but definitely not a TD. Also, a DB fumbles after an interception and it falls right into an OL of the Packers and leads to another 3 points. Throw in another 3 for the first missed field goal.
And don't forget the Bradshaw TD called back on the holding call... or the ball that bounced out of Plaxico's hands when he hit the ground at the 3yd line right before half time (still don't understand the logic behind this rule)

Valuist
01-21-2008, 08:28 AM
14.5 is what I heard.

It was at 13 at Bookmaker last night. I would be shocked if the number would cross the key "14" since the books would be open to being middled. But I do expect it to land on 14....just not to cross it.

DanG
01-21-2008, 08:37 AM
It was at 13 at Bookmaker last night. I would be shocked if the number would cross the key "14" since the books would be open to being middled. But I do expect it to land on 14....just not to cross it.
As you said…You would have to move heaven and Earth for this to cross 14.

OTM Al
01-21-2008, 09:21 AM
The Packers are nothing until they got a running game. Was actually surprised when I heard the Pakcers hadn't been this far in 10 years. So much for the greatness of Favre.

Called that one pretty good. 28 yards I think they said. Got to give credit though. Despite a miserable game, they still nearly pulled it out. Favre seemed to show the reason that despite his record of TD passes, one should not ignore his record number of interceptions. In two weeks the Giants will be more healthy than they have been all year. Still probably won't win, but if Brady plays as badly as he did yesterday, they have a shot and a much bigger one regardless than the 30 other teams. Go Eli!

delayjf
01-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Actually the giants match up very well against the Pats. Manning will have to play well. But they were a penalty (nulified a NY sack in the fourth qtr) away from beating NE in the first meeting.

toetoe
01-21-2008, 12:49 PM
... that the idol, the object of all the Favre-tism, sucked SO bad yesterday ? With Rodgers they MIGHT at least have a shot. Like the Cowboys before them, they NEVER looked like scoring. Three incomplete dinky passes, the clock never gets to run, then an interception in overtime.

Is there anything more pathetic than the "reaction shot ?" Deanna Favre whooping and hollering in her booth. Why ? The war is over ? A cure has been found for cancer ? She's pregnant ? No, WAY better. Dude, the bad guys missed a field goal !! :lol:

DanG
01-21-2008, 01:04 PM
... that the idol, the object of all the Favre-tism, sucked SO bad yesterday ? With Rodgers they MIGHT at least have a shot. Like the Cowboys before them, they NEVER looked like scoring. Three incomplete dinky passes, the clock never gets to run, then an interception in overtime.

Is there anything more pathetic than the "reaction shot ?" Deanna Favre whooping and hollering in her booth. Why ? The war is over ? A cure has been found for cancer ? She's pregnant ? No, WAY better. Dude, the bad guys missed a field goal !! :lol:
Wow… :)

For someone who has much feel and passion for athletics as much as I do for Broadway musicals you sure paid close attention yesterday my friend!

Don’t agree with your conclusions btw TT, but I don’t think you honestly care enough about it for a dialogue.

toetoe
01-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Okay, Richard Gere as Billy Whatshisname in 'Chicago?' I ASK you !!

I NEED your impressions, Danji. Were the Giants so dominant that they MADE the Cowboys and Packers look inept ? :confused:

delayjf
01-21-2008, 02:12 PM
IMHO, the Giants outplayed GB in the second half for sure. They did not out play the Cowboys.

Pace Cap'n
01-21-2008, 03:29 PM
With Favre doing what he has done better than anyone who ever played the game--throwing interceptions.

DanG
01-21-2008, 05:15 PM
I NEED your impressions, Danji. Were the Giants so dominant that they MADE the Cowboys and Packers look inept ? :confused:
TT;

“SO” dominate…no; but to base conclusions on those conditions is distorting reality. Just because the Giants passed well in –‘435 degrees doesn’t mean that’s the standard performance. One of GB’s flaws was the Giants stopped their run dead which eliminated their play action pass.

As several have said; the Giant’s where much more dominate in that game then the scoreboard indicated. Several odds penalties, two fumbles, a 90yd score and two missed kicks etc...

A few constants in the final four teams and the two that are moving on…

All four have outstanding offensive lines and the two that won had the better defensive line. The entire sport changes when you can threaten an offense with 4 man pressure. 7 men in coverage for 3 seconds and I wish you luck seperating especially when your legs are blocks of ice. Many time GB lost their tight end and a back just to help with a chip.

QB play in general…

All of my friends from Jersey are Giant fans and to a person they all wanted Eli shipped to Siberia at some point. I saw about 7 of their games this year and if you only read the stat sheet and see 20 some odd picks you draw negative conclusions. I can’t tell you how many times this year I saw these things happen…

Shockey miss a blitz adjustment.
Plaxico round off his route.
Tipped passes or some of the 40+ drops etc…
While the QB is the most important commodity in the league it’s still too simplistic to assign all blame and credit on them.

toetoe
01-21-2008, 06:49 PM
I understand, and all credit to Eli for Manning up. But for YEARS we've been subjected to Saint Bret's record when the temperature dips below 40 degrees, blah, blah, blah. I just think he at NO time in the second half looked like a winner, at least on MY TV.

bigmack
01-21-2008, 07:27 PM
With Favre doing what he has done better than anyone who ever played the game--throwing interceptions.
Not to mention:
Most career NFL touchdown passes (442), most career NFL passing yards (61,655), most career pass completions (5,377), most consecutive starts among NFL quarterbacks (253, 274 total starts including playoffs), most consecutive playoff games with a touchdown pass (17), and most career victories as a starting quarterback.

All in all, I'd say he's a bum. :rolleyes:

I don't know what game folk were watching yesterday but saying the Giants dominated is delusional. Domination will be assured when Brady & Co. make mincemeat of The Gentle Giants.

Valuist
01-21-2008, 08:00 PM
I understand, and all credit to Eli for Manning up. But for YEARS we've been subjected to Saint Bret's record when the temperature dips below 40 degrees, blah, blah, blah. I just think he at NO time in the second half looked like a winner, at least on MY TV.

I don't think we'll be hearing about that record anymore. Almost all those wins were in his younger years. A few years ago, a Vick led Falcon team went into Lambeau and won. In December the Packers went into Chicago where it was about 20 degrees with high winds and Favre played horribly. He looked more uncomfortable than anybody else out there yesterday.....not that I blame him but he's getting old for the NFL...especially when the wind chill is 25 below.

Valuist
01-21-2008, 08:08 PM
I don't know what game folk were watching yesterday but saying the Giants dominated is delusional. Domination will be assured when Brady & Co. make mincemeat of The Gentle Giants.

I think the Giants DID dominate. The score was very misleading. Let's look at the key stats: first downs NYG 24-13; Rush yards NYG 134-28; 3rd down efficiency: NYG 6 of 16, GB 1 of 10, time of possession: 40:01 NYG. Its amazing the scoreboard was close considering that, THe Packers had one big play....they also benefitted from a TD negated holding penalty, and a key 3rd down where KGB was clearly offsides and ended up getting an easy sack of Eli with the huge head start. It was so obvious even the announcers were talking about it. Then let's not forget two missed field goals which were very makeable. The best team definitely won.

46zilzal
01-21-2008, 11:42 PM
No matter who won the NFC, the game will be a yawner against the Pats.

ny0707ny
01-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Not being a football I can say I will watch the superbowl. I think the Giants can pull it off from what I seen in the last game they played. It will be fun.

beertapper
01-31-2008, 02:53 AM
hard to believe... but he predicted the Giants over Packers.. about 20 or so years ago..:lol::lol::lol:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz3szt_fDkE&feature=related

WINMANWIN
02-13-2008, 08:01 PM
What a story book season it was :jump: I went to most Giant home games,
and other than the Beer and Good food tailgating, Most games were dreadfull. :blush: Considering what they achieved on the ROAD, and the obstacles they overcame, game by game, I believe in devine intervention, or destiny for certain now. ;)

PaceAdvantage
02-14-2008, 02:42 AM
Wow man, long time no see! Where you been hiding?

JustRalph
02-14-2008, 04:41 AM
No matter who won the NFC, the game will be a yawner against the Pats.
:lol:

I am not a giants fan............but I thought they had a shot..........after the way they played the Pats just a few weeks earlier............I somehow missed this thread the last few weeks............amazing what a good game it was.

BillW
02-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Wow man, long time no see! Where you been hiding?

Joe,

Ditto what PA said! How have you been?

WINMANWIN
02-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Hi Gents, You can say I am somewhat STEEDED out, Fortunately the GIANTS
PLAYOFF AND SUPER BOWL WINS, was similar to a PICK 6 CARRYOVER HIT for me. Certainly had much more confidence in them, then the Daily Grind this Game offers. I hope to see All at TOGA this summer. ;)

njcurveball
02-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Although I can tell you who the 3rd set-up guy is for most baseball teams, I would be hard pressed to name running backs for most teams or even quarter backs for some football teams.

Along those lines, I watch very little football, perhaps a few minutes of the "home town" Eagles here and there.

Yet, I was really into this game and had NO MONEY riding on the outcome, score, etc.

The fact that it came down to the wire and Brady was still trying to toss a knockout blow to the end make it very exciting.

Even more exciting was the fact the Underdog was down and got back up to take the lead and then hold off the favorite.

I also loved the fact that the coach and quarterback who had been taken to task by the "all knowing, all world" Tiki Barber were celebrating without him. :ThmbUp:

Well deserved win for the team and for their fans! :ThmbUp:

Jim

BillW
02-14-2008, 02:14 PM
I hope to see All at TOGA this summer. ;)

We'll hold you to that! We'll be there Aug. 9th thru Aug. 16th.

Pace Cap'n
02-14-2008, 10:52 PM
You just got to see this video--"He Cheated", Michael Jackson parody...

NY Post Video (http://www.nypost.com/video/?channel=PostSportsFeed&clipid=1458_237375&bitrate=300&format=flash)