PDA

View Full Version : Direct TV Satellite Alignment question

ljb
01-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Last week when realigning my dish for Dish network I picked up two satellites. But one was the wrong one. This resulted in not getting some of the channels on my schedule. After calling the tech help I found the second sat. I needed was 9 degrees west of the ones I had. Adjusted dish and problem solved. A near by neighbor has Direct TV and has experienced similar problems. Only getting part of his scheduled channels. Would it be correct to assume he has same problem as mine ? Lined up to wrong sat ?
Note, his dish has one LNB and mine has two, if this makes a difference.

csperberg
01-11-2008, 12:12 PM
If he has one lnb then he should only be able to pick up one satellite at a time the satellites are too far apart to be able to pull in both through one, you have two so you are able to pick up two. I have three on my system and I get three satellites.

If he is suppose to get more channels he probably should upgrade his equipment, one lnb sounds like it is really old equipment. I would actually almost think 3 lnb has to be standard for both DISH and DirecTV now.

I'm sure a call into a service provider and they would get new equipment out right away. Would suck having to pay for channels you can't get. I would also tell him to inquire about possible getting his bill readjusted from the time he was suppose to get the channels till the time he actually installed the new equipement. There may be a fee to have new equipment to installed, one would have to check with their service provider for those details. They may offer it for free with a new contract.

46zilzal
01-11-2008, 12:35 PM
I had to get a second receiver added onto the single one to get newer channels.

ljb
01-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Well thanks for the replies gentlemen. But last year the guy had the same setup and had no problems. I am talking about setting up in an rv park in Floriduh. :)