PDA

View Full Version : Cappin Chatter 1/11

nobeyerspls
01-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Yesterday Chalky had $5.20 winner and a 3rd and both of Longball's horses were scratched. Today they decided to do the Gulfstream double.

Longball - I'll go first. I'll do the five and dime double with #5 High End Prospect (15-1) in the first and #10 High Rent (12-1) in the second.
Chalky - Let me get this straight. Your picking a horse that was beaten 65 lengths in his last four starts with a 7% rider aboard and a NY bred with a 218 Tomlinson who hasn't raced since September? Maybe you'll get lucky and these will be scratched too.
Longball - The first is a surface play. Horses that work fast on the Calder surface often improve first time at GP. And that NY bred shipped here because there is no turf racing up there at this time and the freshening is a positive.
Chalky - Okay. I'll take #3 I've Repented (5-1) in the first. The trainer's stats are good with this type and he's blinkers on and FTL. In the second I'll go with #4 Maddies Reward (3-1) off her double trouble race. I also like the switch to JR.
Longball - Imagine my surprise, the consensus choice in the first and the probable favorite in the second. If we extended this to the third for a pick3 you'd probably play #4 Wild Logic (2-1), the consensus best bet.
Chalky - And who else is there to use? She's an Asmussen dropper who towers over this field.
Longball - The huge drop is a red flag for me. I'll use her but #7 Changeinthe Course (8-1) is my pick. Let the games begin!