PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine Millions (GP/SA Saturday)

rrbauer
01-25-2003, 07:32 AM
Sunshine Millions
GP & SA Saturday January 25, 2003
Some of these will be televised (NBC, I think)
(They will be on the respective tracks’ web site broadband feeds, too)

In the order that they run

R6 GP
Madame Pietra has learned what this game is about and gets P Val for the ride. A little nuance situation here with Warren’s Whistle . This mare loves Del Mar and has always trained well and run her best races there. Maybe the Florida beach weather will make her think she’s at DMR???? Pay Day gets the ride.

R2 SA
Forbidden Apple lays over this field. The post shouldn’t be a problem given his running style. Look for Music’s Storm to be rolling late. 15-1 is wrong for that one.

R7 GP
Cool race! I could talk about this race all day. Here’s the bottom line: Island Skipper is for real. Now in Zito’s barn, he fits two of my all time great patterns. One: A frontrunner that closes. Two: A 3YO (when last seen) that got good. 20-1 ML is a joke. You can pick between Long Gone Con, Best Of The Rest & Saint Marten for the minor awards.

R3 SA
ML is spot on for this one. Ivanavinalot & Atlantic Ocean will take some beating. Don’t underestimate Forthelifeofme (may get the lead, but have questions about 7f) and Valentine Dancer (short rest, bad post). They are good ones, too.

R8 GP
Valid Video is fast and with Edgar to nurse his speed along the rail he should get the job done. P Val on Excessivepleasure will probably go and that might compromise ‘Video, but I think that 7f is his meat.

R4 SA
Another joke for a ML. 15-1 on Giovannetti ? Nah! And you get two very-fast ones for the price of one with Disturbingthepeace & Echo Eddie. Today, Debonair Joe will find out what “fast” means (but it was a nice run for the $12.5 claimer while it lasted!).

R9 GP
If Laurica draws in off the A/E list, then she is my pick. If not, then I’m stuck between Cellars Shiraz who likes it here; and, Stay Forever who is still learning the game (but, learning it well).

R5 SA
This one came up pretty weak. Svea Dahl should be able to control this bunch. She has tactical speed and is very honest. I don’t see anything else worth talking about.

That’s it. Hope you boys in the East have your long-johns on! Supposed to be 75 in SoCal today…. :)

anotherdave
01-25-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by rrbauer

R4 SA
Another joke for a ML. 15-1 on Giovannetti ? Nah! And you get two very-fast ones for the price of one with Disturbingthepeace & Echo Eddie. Today, Debonair Joe will find out what “fast” means (but it was a nice run for the $12.5 claimer while it lasted!).

Well I'm emotional (which is death to the horseplayer!)on this one since I had Joe the last two times, but I still like him here, especially after the trips he had the last two times and still won. Now he's on the rail, which might lead to less ground loss, I hope. Also like 4 Giovanetti and 6 Ride and S. at those odds. Of course like the entry too, but not at that price.

In the 3rd I'll take Ivanavinalot too.

AD

joeprunes
01-25-2003, 12:54 PM
gp6)10-7-3

sa2)6-11-4

gp7)3-7-10

sa3)9-11-2

gp8)4-6-2

sa4)1a-9-1
gp9)1-4-2

sa5)8-2-9

some gave me these picks curious to see how they make out.

rrbauer
01-25-2003, 01:04 PM
Here are some scratches:
At Santa Anita
Race 2- Scratch #13 Suprise Halo
Race 3- Scratch #8 Elegant Designer, #12 My Kai
Race 4- Scratch #1 Disturbingthepeace
Race 5- Scratch #1 Coolbythepool, #9 Erica's Smile, #14 Secret Of Mecca
Most of those are overnights, but I thought that Disturbingthepeace was the stronger part of the entry.

At Gulfstream
Race 6- Scratch #8 Four Pennies, #11 Jetinto Houston
Race 7- No Changes
Race 8- No Changes
Race 9- Scratch #13 Sara's Success
Getting Jetinto Houston out of there furthers Madame Pietra's chances, since 'Houston has blazing speed and would've been one more that Madame would have to go around.

To Dave:
I think that Debonair Joe's last two efforts were awesome. I still lament throwing him out of my P4, two races back. He fits my "3YO that got good" pattern. At 9/2 his value proposition is diminished and while I think he could hit the board, I don't think he can win.

cj
01-25-2003, 03:11 PM
Gotta go with my comrade of Polish ancestory :), Chispiski in the 6th at GP. 10-1 looks nice for this speedball.

CJ

rrbauer
01-28-2003, 08:17 AM
Forgot to do my "Damage" Report.

The four GP races produced a P4 and two P3's. I only bet the first P3 but I did have the P4 ($303) on a $32 bet which is on the small side for me (not complaining). I did squander about $30 in exactas and win money on Island Skipper. Booklet ran a helluva race to press every step and just get beat a head.

SA was an "almost" on the first 3 races. Adminnestrator killed me with his last jump win. I had live doubles to both Music's Storm and Forbidden Apple; and, I went thru both of those to Atlantic Ocean and Ivanavinalot in a P3. Giovanetti was a disappointment, he just gave up off the turn; and, Svea Dahl got a bad trip (very wide) but she wasn't good enough to beat Smok'NFrolic on that day.

Still managed a few bucks on the plus side and I thought the racing was pretty good...better than I expected.