PDA

View Full Version : Here's what you get if you pay $575 for a preakness ticket

kyle2227
01-10-2008, 01:34 AM
I was looking into buying a Preakness ticket so I checked out the Preakness web site. I saw many different options and I decided to email them and ask exactly what you would get for the money from some of the options. Here is the email response I received back:

Good morning Kyle,

There are seats available in the Turf Club Tent for $575 per person and the
Turfside Terrace for $275 per person. The Turf Club Tent is a very upscale
venue -- you will see lots of celebrities -- the ticket includes a breakfast buffet, sumptuous lunch buffet and open top shelf bar with access to the Preakness Village amenities, which includes a private betting area. The Turfside ticket includes reserved stadium seating, continental breakfast, luncheon buffet, and does not include open bar. There are many other seats available in various other sections for around $75. There is also general admission which is standing room only for $25. Please let me know how I can assist you.

Regards,
Gloria Cinquegrani

DrunkenHorseplayer
01-10-2008, 02:52 AM
Open bar; does that mean all you can drink?

ryesteve
01-10-2008, 09:29 AM
I think if I got there early enough, I could drink my $575 worth :D

FlyinLate
01-10-2008, 11:50 AM
I really don't think $575 is that bad of a price for all that.
Shit for something like that at the kentucky derby it's more than likely over a grand.

kyle2227
01-10-2008, 01:37 PM
I'm thinking about doing the $275 ticket. Doesn't seem like too bad a deal considering it's preakness day.

BillW
01-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Did they say how much the "you will see lots of celebrities " part costs? You can go to a movie for probably $20. :lol:

rrpic6
01-10-2008, 06:21 PM
I've been going to the Preakness off and on since 1987. Since 2000, the guys I go with have had seats (inside) at the finish line. I think the seats go for about $125 on Preakness Day and $35-$50 on the Friday before. Not bad if you like sitting in "baseball" plastic seats, endless lines to bet, limited SAM's, walking down 3 flights of steps to the restroom. Pimlico is by far the most depressing track I've ever been to.

A few of my buddies and myself prefer to go early and stay downstairs where the simulcast area is. The $25 ticket works fine for this. You go early, grab a chair and segmented table to put your info and programs down, and you are good for the day! There are endless SAM's on this side, with live tellers around the corner. All the celebs walk past you, as the offices are in their path. Last year, I feel someone looking over my shoulder at my papers, and its Mike Battaglia, with Bob Neumayer right behind him (degenerates..trying to handicap some cheap allowance race on the undercard). Later on, Nick Zito and Steve Assmussen walk down the aisle....but not together. Jeanine ? from ESPN/ABC also walks thru. I also met and chatted with "The Little Guy" from here, who was waiting for his buddy Andy Beyer to finish up the free Seminar with Mike Watchmaker, and geez...one other DRF guy.
You can walk thru the tunnel to the infield to check out the college "action". The only drawback is you have to watch all the races from monitors, unless you stay in the infield, as all doors exiting trackside are guarded all day Saturday with ticket checkers. But Fridays are open to go outside to watch 'em live!
RR

northerndancer
01-10-2008, 10:58 PM
My advice is stay home and watch it on HDTV while you hunt for a place to make your wager........... Pimlico is the pits the most depressing track in the country is a compliment.

thespaah
01-10-2008, 11:43 PM
I've been going to the Preakness off and on since 1987. Since 2000, the guys I go with have had seats (inside) at the finish line. I think the seats go for about $125 on Preakness Day and $35-$50 on the Friday before. Not bad if you like sitting in "baseball" plastic seats, endless lines to bet, limited SAM's, walking down 3 flights of steps to the restroom. Pimlico is by far the most depressing track I've ever been to.

A few of my buddies and myself prefer to go early and stay downstairs where the simulcast area is. The $25 ticket works fine for this. You go early, grab a chair and segmented table to put your info and programs down, and you are good for the day! There are endless SAM's on this side, with live tellers around the corner. All the celebs walk past you, as the offices are in their path. Last year, I feel someone looking over my shoulder at my papers, and its Mike Battaglia, with Bob Neumayer right behind him (degenerates..trying to handicap some cheap allowance race on the undercard). Later on, Nick Zito and Steve Assmussen walk down the aisle....but not together. Jeanine ? from ESPN/ABC also walks thru. I also met and chatted with "The Little Guy" from here, who was waiting for his buddy Andy Beyer to finish up the free Seminar with Mike Watchmaker, and geez...one other DRF guy.
You can walk thru the tunnel to the infield to check out the college "action". The only drawback is you have to watch all the races from monitors, unless you stay in the infield, as all doors exiting trackside are guarded all day Saturday with ticket checkers. But Fridays are open to go outside to watch 'em live!
RRAhhhh Jeanine Edwards...Very easy on the eyes.