PDA

View Full Version : Rferguson, Quinncom, hurrikane, etal

karlskorner
01-24-2003, 02:43 PM
Have several E-mails from PA that you an others have tried to PM me but my PM box is filled again. Have deleted all, tried too earlier, but kept getting messages: Warning can't connect to MYSQL sever etc.

To cold to go to track today.

hurrikane
01-24-2003, 02:49 PM
too cold. Oh my god Karl. Why don't you come up here for a while. They canceled races around here for the last 2 days. What...did it drop down to 50 today? :D

karlskorner
01-24-2003, 03:01 PM
Dropped down to 33 degrees early this morning, now in low 50"s,
The nice thing about being "self-employed", you are beholden to no one, tomorrow is another day.

Tom
01-24-2003, 07:51 PM
I haven't seen 30 in a couple of weeks. Today, it was -2 when I got up. Took me half a tank of gas to warm up my car.
Next week, it is going to be 50! 10 every day <G>
Seriously, I need to be seeing those palm trees on my montior this time of year or I will go bonkers. Tam, GP, and SA are my only hope. One more look at Aqueduct's inner and I will not be responsible for my actions.
Now, this give me an idea....anyone have any thoughts on horses shipping from warm to cold or cold to warm tracks? I like to bet Florida horses coming up to NY in April, when it is not cold, but much cooler than the tropic track. Do the horses prefer cold weather? Didn't the hot Florda weather hurt Euro-shippers in the BC a few years back when they came from snow to palms?