PDA

View Full Version : Who is this new guy on TVG?

JustRalph
01-07-2008, 06:28 PM
This guys voice creeps me out?

He is on right now 6:30p on Monday

BillW
01-07-2008, 06:32 PM

John Lies? - track announcer at LS (or maybe Frankie fired him :confused: )

kingfin66
01-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Frankie didn't fire him. On his first day, he assured viewers who were e-mailing in that he will still be calling races at LS. Of course Frankie may not have his e-mail address. Heard that's how he likes to play it sometimes...

boomman
01-07-2008, 08:20 PM
I had an opportunity to meet John Lies in the booth a couple of years ago at Lone Star when I was driving cross country for my summer gig at Yavapai. Besides being an outstanding track announcer, he's a great guy, and also did a solid job as the paddock analyst this past summer at Del Mar...:ThmbUp:

Boomer

thespaah
01-07-2008, 11:50 PM

He is a little too stuffed shirt for me. Good race caller. He does the LoneStar Racing Report,which if you have HRTV, can be seen the next AM . Lies needs to loosen up a bit.

Hajck Hillstrom
01-08-2008, 01:34 PM
He is a little too stuffed shirt for me. Good race caller. He does the LoneStar Racing Report,which if you have HRTV, can be seen the next AM . Lies needs to loosen up a bit.Interesting perspective, because I appreciate his professionalism. Straight forward and informative, without all the feeble attempts at humor that some of the crew have a propensity for, but that doesn't include Frank Mirahmadi whose comic timing is impecable.

thespaah
01-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Interesting perspective, because I appreciate his professionalism. Straight forward and informative, without all the feeble attempts at humor that some of the crew have a propensity for, but that doesn't include Frank Mirahmadi whose comic timing is impecable.
Professional ...yes indeed. Good talent. Good voice. Gives and excellent call. I just think that he needs to loosen up a bit.
I am not suggesting he needs schtick. He just seems a bit robotic on the replay show.