PDA

View Full Version : NFL Strategies

toetoe
01-06-2008, 12:12 PM
Pittsburgh kinda gave away the game last night. The third-down call was SO conservative, and then to not try to let Jax score a touchdown late to save that most precious of commoditirs --- time. :confused:

kenwoodallpromos
01-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Just fall on the ball; forget the hail Mary! Last 5 second no longer counts.

ddog
01-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Pittsburgh kinda gave away the game last night. The third-down call was SO conservative, and then to not try to let Jax score a touchdown late to save that most precious of commoditirs --- time. :confused:

Man, I HATE that kind of play not to lose play calling.
Stupid,Stupid,Stupid.
WIN the game.
That drivel they ran was pathetic.
Screen , swing the ball , something ????

:faint:

rastajenk
01-07-2008, 12:23 AM
I thought it was a boneheaded move to go for two, even before the penalty, but especially after the penalty. Way too much time left to be thinking about a tying field goal. Make the other team plan for tying field goals.

DanG
01-07-2008, 08:41 AM
(Two) 2-point conversion’s used FAR too early and FAR too often by coaches. :ThmbDown: Throw that idiotic chart away and only use it at the last possible opportunity.

toetoe
01-07-2008, 12:14 PM
I kinda like the two-pointer IF ... IF you can almost guarantee hitting it 50% of the time. In that case, just ALWAYS go for two. Big *if,* huh ?

By the way, 'commoditir' is a word. Didja know that ? :D

Fwizard
01-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Yes, the 3rd down offensive call was bad, but the call that was blown was on defense when Jax had the Fourth and Two and Garrard ran the QB draw---YOU CANNOT Blitz on that play--I love blitzing the other team and hate the prevent but with only two yards to get on fourth there is no way JAx is throwing the ball more than 5 yards (slant, screen) or a draw of some type. If you blitz you play right into an offensive quick play. 4th and 12 --blitz anyway..4th and 2 just rush normal three or four and play short zones.

ddog
01-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Yes, the 3rd down offensive call was bad, but the call that was blown was on defense when Jax had the Fourth and Two and Garrard ran the QB draw---YOU CANNOT Blitz on that play--I love blitzing the other team and hate the prevent but with only two yards to get on fourth there is no way JAx is throwing the ball more than 5 yards (slant, screen) or a draw of some type. If you blitz you play right into an offensive quick play. 4th and 12 --blitz anyway..4th and 2 just rush normal three or four and play short zones.

I would tend to agree, if you MUST blitz you have to spy the QB or dead commit to the middle blitz, everyone allout.
You know the guy at that point isn't looking to score 6 he wants the FG position.