PDA

View Full Version : Smart Money

Great Communicator
01-06-2008, 08:27 AM
Hi I'm new to these horse racing boards.

I just want to share my secret to success at the track with everyone. It stems from the clear fact which everyone knows, that only smart people have lots of money.

Therefore, I only bet horses that have a lot of money bet on them, because I know only smart people have lots of money, therfore smart people mostly are betting this horse, therefore it will win.

Take for example Bill Gates, the richest man in the world and therefore the smartest (actually he's number 2 now I think, a smarter person came along). Anyway, Bill could have discovered calculus, or invented the atom bomb, or the thoery of relativity if he had wanted to, it's just someone older than him already discovered these things. That's how smart Bill is. If Bill bet a horse at the track, I would follow him like a puppy, because I know his smartness would lead to picking winners.

Anyway, that's basically my secret, only bet horses that have a lot of money bet on them. Tell this message to two or 3 friends and soon we'll all be rich.

Grits
01-06-2008, 09:09 AM
You're also new to handicapping, as well. :lol:

dutchboy
01-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Are you serious?

I just want to share my secret to success at the track with everyone. It stems from the clear fact which everyone knows, that only smart people have lots of money.

Therefore, I only bet horses that have a lot of money bet on them, because I know only smart people have lots of money, therfore smart people mostly are betting this horse, therefore it will win.

Take for example Bill Gates, the richest man in the world and therefore the smartest (actually he's number 2 now I think, a smarter person came along). Anyway, Bill could have discovered calculus, or invented the atom bomb, or the thoery of relativity if he had wanted to, it's just someone older than him already discovered these things. That's how smart Bill is. If Bill bet a horse at the track, I would follow him like a puppy, because I know his smartness would lead to picking winners.

Anyway, that's basically my secret, only bet horses that have a lot of money bet on them. Tell this message to two or 3 friends and soon we'll all be rich.

whiteathame
01-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Where's the ignore button on this thing?

Ah.....found it!

ryesteve
01-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Come on folks, there's no way that could've been meant to be taken seriously.

whiteathame
01-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Come to think of it, the Great Communicator's method compares favorably to the "Stalker Method;" you know- follow the jockey's spouse or girlfriend to the window and keep your ears open.

mrharness
01-06-2008, 11:25 AM
I just want to share my secret to success at the track with everyone.

The favorite has the most money...so you mean you are successful betting the favorite? Better share a few more details...everyone will want to hear about that!

TEJAS KIDD
01-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Is it April 1st already?

Gibbon
01-06-2008, 12:13 PM
Great Communicator,

I concur. Which is why I only bet on favorites.
Got the most $$$ and best chance of winning.

Bill Gates wants people to think he's Edison, when he's really Rockefeller. Referring to Gates as the smartest man in America isn't right ... wealth isn't the same thing as intelligence. ~ Larry Ellison

It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~ Albert Einstein. {a poor man}

Bruddah
01-06-2008, 01:03 PM
I knew if I read these forums long enough, someone would come up with the "Rosetta Stone" to Thoroughbred Handicapping. Be still my heart and open my pocket book, quickly! Get me to the windows in time!

Someones got to be out of their Faah rouking mind! :bang: :bang: :D

ddog
01-06-2008, 01:32 PM

Which tracks do you play?

:lol:

shanta
01-06-2008, 01:33 PM
you know- follow the jockey's spouse or girlfriend to the window

I used to follow Jackie Mo's lady around. Built like a brick sh**house!

TEJAS KIDD
01-06-2008, 01:49 PM
[QUOTE=Great Communicator]
, because I know only smart people have lots of money, therfore smart people mostly are betting this horse, therefore it will win.

QUOTE]

Yes you're right. Mike Tyson and Michael Vick are super intelligent humans. I wish they played the horses so I could follow them around. Wait, Britney Spears, too.

Tom Barrister
01-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Being that jockeys and trainers are some of the worst (and rarely objective) handicappers around, playing their choice would be tantamount to throwing your money up into the air in a crowd and going "Whoopee! Come and get it!" Somebody else will end up with your money, and you'll feel stupid when you're done.

DrunkenHorseplayer
01-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Sounds like supply side handicapping from the Great Communicator.

fmhealth
01-06-2008, 02:34 PM
GC, I see you have a wonderfully sly sense of humor. Well done!

Pace Cap'n
01-06-2008, 03:21 PM
GC, I see you have a wonderfully sly sense of humor. Well done!

The kids on the poker forums call that "getting leveled".

Great Communicator
01-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Oops, thought I made it silly enough so no one would take it too seriously. Just saying hi to the board in a slightly different way. Don't think I've bet on a favorite yet this millenium....

ceejay
01-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Welcome aboard GC. Your first post gave me a good laugh. :D

trying2win
01-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Was that smart money on CHARLIE'S PIZZAZZ in the 11th race at Sunland Park today? Let's see...ML 15-1...wins easily and only pays $ 9.40 to win http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/39.gif hmmm.

T2W

andicap
01-07-2008, 08:56 AM
In the old days at Monticello I used to make my decisions based on a similar style of play. :)

Instead of following around the most well-heeled insider, we'd look for the sleaziest --- read mobbed-up -- guy around!:D

ryesteve
01-07-2008, 09:18 AM
Was that smart money on CHARLIE'S PIZZAZZ in the 11th race at Sunland Park today? Let's see...ML 15-1...wins easily and only pays $ 9.40 to win http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/39.gif hmmm.

T2W
What about the almost-smart money in yesterday's 10th at FG? Deputy in Jeapardy was 10-1 on the ML, and loses the photo at 9/5

Robert Goren
01-07-2008, 09:44 AM
Being that jockeys and trainers are some of the worst (and rarely objective) handicappers around, playing their choice would be tantamount to throwing your money up into the air in a crowd and going "Whoopee! Come and get it!" Somebody else will end up with your money, and you'll feel stupid when you're done.Owners are worst handicappers around.