PDA

View Full Version : Sam Houston Longshots to watch 1/24

dav4463
01-24-2003, 04:58 AM
Purplepower...feel free to give me another Freesia's Mist !

Race 1

1 NOBLETIGRESS
9 BOLD MINSKYA

Race 2

4 SUMTER
1 HIGH TERROR

Race 3

2 GLACE

Race 4

2 COMANCHE DANCER
9 JUSTA SMIRK

Race 5

10 RATHER BE RARE

Race 8

9 STOP THE BLUFFING
10 CONNOLLY

All selections are 8-1+ morning line horses that I feel have a chance. Only need a couple for a nice profit.......

mudcat
01-24-2003, 06:16 AM
Reid
what do you think of Dunkaman in the second? Idon't have a clue,

he's on my horse to watch list but i didn't put notes.

PurplePower
01-24-2003, 11:20 AM
Dave,
I think you got 'em for tonight. I like Stop The Bluffing in the eighth and W W Robin De Hood (#3) in the tenth. I have both picked second and at 8-1 or more will play WIN bets on both with exacta box savers plus trifectas that I can win if they finish in top three. That last pick three might be attainable using 7,9 with 2,3,8 with 3,10.

Mudcat -- Dunkaman is a strong closer winless in 22 trips over the Brazos River Sand here but in trifecta in 8 of those and superfecta in at least three more. Mark Page is a Quarter Horse rider that I like on 870 runners, but this is a mile-70. :confused:

mudcat
01-24-2003, 12:26 PM
is there enough pace for him to get up ,ought to be a good price.

Boris
01-24-2003, 12:31 PM
Thanks PP. I was gonna save WW for myself, but since you've shipwrecked the odds now... Hellman snuck one in last Friday night named Lumpy Rutherford and Luis brought em home. The horse was bet down from the first tick, so I'd suggest early action on WW would be a good sign.

The greys were coming home liked trained pigs again last night. Went to Sammy to bet Onella in the 6th (Simington/Schultz). Got concerned when Onella was shaking her head like a dog with fleas. Thought maybe she had water in them or the hood was not right. She won by two so don't know what all the shaking was about.

Sorry I didn't stick my head in last night. Saw you in a white shirt and figured you were in a bad mood. ;)

PurplePower
01-24-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Boris
...Sorry I didn't stick my head in last night. Saw you in a white shirt and figured you were in a bad mood. ;) You should have come in and you could have seen the purple marks-a-lot ink that was on it!!! :D