PDA

View Full Version : Together

parshooter
01-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Would someone please tell Mike Battaglia that together is one word and not pronounced TOGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEETTTHER. I respect Mike's experience and handicapping abilities but I would imagine his grade school teachers may be questioning their english teachings. Am I the only one this pronunciation annoys or are there others? I would rather hear the horses names and positions being called as difficult as I realize that is.

46zilzal
01-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Believe it or not, there are worse than him.

PaceAdvantage
01-07-2008, 05:01 PM
As much as I like to poke fun at Mike's STYLE (and yes, it's a STYLE, like it or not) of racecalling, this constant criticizing of certain racecallers is getting old....

saratoga guy
01-07-2008, 05:05 PM
I often think I'm in the minority when I read these threads -- because the vast majority of announcers to me are just aural wallpaper.

Occasionally I'll hear a call that stands out -- and occasionally on the other end I'll hear a call where I think the announcer really blew it -- but the most of the time these guys hardly even register with me.

Zman179
01-07-2008, 05:17 PM
As much as I like to poke fun at Mike's STYLE (and yes, it's a STYLE, like it or not) of racecalling, this constant criticizing of certain racecallers is getting old....

Thank you.

I swear, there ought to be an Eclipse Award for b*tching. If there's one thing that horseplayers do better than handicap and gamble, it's complain.

DrunkenHorseplayer
01-08-2008, 03:37 AM
Believe it or not, there are worse than him.

Guy who used to call at Pleasanton (NoCal fair) about 10-15 years ago, think his name was Dick Riley, was absoutely awful. He's the only one I've ever heard who was worse than MB.

rokitman
01-08-2008, 09:43 AM
GAAAAAAAAAAAINIIINNNNGGG GRRROOOOOOOOOOOUNNNND!!!