PDA

View Full Version : "Smokin" Joe Talamo, Not!

levinmpa
01-04-2008, 10:06 PM
He changes agents, and now he's 0 for Santa Anita. He seems to be in good position turning for home, but his mounts just have nothing in the lane. He's got to be having 2nd thoughts about his decision to leave Ron Ebanks.

samyn on the green
01-05-2008, 12:06 AM
He is going to have to start bumming smokes if this keep up.

keilan
01-05-2008, 12:09 AM
He has a couple legit shots Saturday

airford1
01-05-2008, 10:56 AM
He's not the wonderboy everybody wanted him to be. California racing has always embraced the bug riders with winners and toss them to the road side when they lose the weight allowance. Joe has been tossed to the gutter. I think in the long run he will do better with his new agent if the young buck can stick with him during the bad times.

theiman
01-05-2008, 12:08 PM
The kid is only 18 and has already had a day at HP that he won on multiple Graded Stakes horses.

Jockey Colony since November has gotton much tougher with Gomez, Leparoux and Bejerano racing there.

Changing agents was a mistake, but I think he will do fine when the big guys go back east in April. Then again, with all the rain and cancelling of races at SA, April might be the next day of live racing.

AQUEBUCKS
01-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Scotty McLelland is doing wonders for Alex Solis, (NOT) David Flores made a smart move and went to Brad Pegram. What is he gonna do for Talamo? Ebanks was the best thing that ever happened to this kid, HUGE MISTAKE...

Robert Goren
01-05-2008, 04:12 PM
If he is not careful he be riding quarter horses!

john del riccio
01-05-2008, 04:27 PM
he shoould have gone back to FG.

john

levinmpa
01-05-2008, 11:04 PM
The kid is only 18 and has already had a day at HP that he won on multiple Graded Stakes horses.

Jockey Colony since November has gotton much tougher with Gomez, Leparoux and Bejerano racing there.

Changing agents was a mistake, but I think he will do fine when the big guys go back east in April. Then again, with all the rain and cancelling of races at SA, April might be the next day of live racing.

You're absolutely right about the jockey colony being very deep since the middle of the Hollywood meeting. It's the best it's been since all the Hall of Famers plied their trade in So Cal 10 or 12 years ago.

Ebanks was stunned that Talamo left him, and thinks he got bad advice from his family. I like Talamo a lot, and I'm rooting for him to rebound. He's got a good head on his shoulders, and he's a likable character. It's tough for a lot of riders right now.

Robert Fischer
01-05-2008, 11:13 PM
The kid Joe Talamo has got what it takes.
Hes not the best, but he belongs.

JLAR
01-05-2008, 11:46 PM
Talamo should try his luck in tijuana caliente, maybe there he might win a couple of races.:bang: :ThmbDown:

JustRalph
01-06-2008, 01:23 AM
Will Talamo be the next Kevin Krigger? :lol:

As soon as Krigger lost his weight allowance........he disappeared

Robert Fischer
01-06-2008, 12:39 PM
Talamo could easily be winning races at Aqueduct right now. With the gulfstream meet, there isn't a whole lot top jocks in NY.

Pace Cap'n
01-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Six winners in the past three days, eighteenth birthday yesterday, and got a hole-in-one the other day, per HRTV. Might be premature to write him off.

keilan
01-13-2008, 03:09 PM
He has a couple legit shots Saturday

Without the rain out last weekend the winners would have come sooner

Dahoss9698
01-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Good thing for Talamo some of the wizards that chimed in here aren't keeping his book. :lol:

Hajck Hillstrom
01-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Good thing for Talamo some of the wizards that chimed in here aren't keeping his book. :lol:Good Stuff.

It is the learning curve, but you can't question his ability. This kid is the real deal.

FlyinLate
01-13-2008, 07:18 PM
He'll be just fine, especially after the flock of jockeys back to NY in the spring. He's still young and learning. He'll be one of the elite in only a few short years.

AQUEBUCKS
01-13-2008, 08:43 PM
I don't believe anyone here doubts his ability, the thread is regarding him switching agents. Speaking of which, Tyler Baze (Ebanks) had a Three bagger today...