PDA

View Full Version : Youbet Shut Out From Gulfstream

trigger
01-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Some quotes:
"But an agreement was eventually reached with TrackNet Media, a deal Stirling said could give Florida horsemen an opportunity to be in better shape than during last year’s Gulfstream meet.
“We got them to go higher, enough for us to make us fairly comfortable so that we wouldn’t have to take a hit from last year, and have a chance to go higher,” he said, declining to discuss financial terms of the agreement.

Scott Daruty, the president of TrackNet Media, said the content company was as unhappy as the horsemen that broader distribution wasn’t achieved.

“They were not excited about the arrangement, nor is TrackNet excited about the arrangement,” he said. “We want all signals open to all. What we would be willing to do, and we have said it every time, is that we would be happy to provide TVG and Youbet to have all TrackNet content, as long as we have rights to all exclusive content.”

“I give credit to Youbet for trying, and I give credit for TrackNet for resolving it,” Stirling said of the negotiations with the Florida HBPA. “I’m sure Youbet’s not real happy about it. But we had a gun to our head. We didn’t have any choice.”

The National HBPA has advocated an environment in which there is no signal exclusivity in the marketplace. But the deal between TrackNet Media and the Florida HBPA appears to conflict with that."
http://news.bloodhorse.com//viewstory.asp?id=42977

cj
01-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Hmmm, wonder why I bet offshore. What percentage of that is Gulfstream raking in?

betovernetcapper
01-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Some quotes:
“I’m sure Youbet’s not real happy about it. But we had a gun to our head. We didn’t have any choice.”

The National HBPA has advocated an environment in which there is no signal exclusivity in the marketplace. But the deal between TrackNet Media and the Florida HBPA appears to conflict with that."
http://news.bloodhorse.com//viewstory.asp?id=42977

It's astonishing how often the phrase "gun to my head" and Daruty are intertwined.

shanta
01-05-2008, 02:03 PM
"Ass backwards" strikes again here.

:ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

Track Collector
01-05-2008, 02:09 PM
It's astonishing how often the phrase "gun to my head" and Daruty are intertwined.

Your comments are o.k., but your choice of photos is in POOR taste. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

Tom
01-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Ditto that, especially to those of use who actually saw the video when it happened.

I'm sorry your betting plans were interupted, but it is only a damn game and hardly important compared to that poor soul who really died.

DJofSD
01-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Boy, oh boy, BONC, there are two images from that era that are permanently etched in my brain, and that's one of them.

betovernetcapper
01-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Ditto that, especially to those of use who actually saw the video when it happened.

Tom, if just watching the video was tough for you, imagine what a bitch it was for the guy in the plaid shirt. Having a gun to your head is not a fun activity and I wasn't the person that brought the metaphor into the ADW conversation.

If this is unpleasant, don't blame me, blame General Nguyen Ngoc Loan (holding the real gun) or Scott Daurty, holding the metaphoric gun.

Grits
01-05-2008, 05:46 PM

I'm sorry your betting plans were interupted, but it is only a damn game and hardly important compared to that poor soul who really died.

I wish the photo would be taken down. It's horrible; its crass of the poster for using it. There should be no place here for posting such a tragedy.

Like Tom said, "its a damn game" for heaven sake.

bigmack
01-05-2008, 05:54 PM
If this is unpleasant, don't blame me, blame General Nguyen Ngoc Loan (holding the real gun) or Scott Daurty, holding the metaphoric gun.
While there's no shortage of unpleasant things in this world, posting that to punch the dramatic effect of your outrage on a betting outlet is completely tasteless. The blame rests on you. What's next, a beheading to make your point?

betovernetcapper
01-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Daruty has been accused of a number of things, but beheading is not one of them, so probably not.

Track Collector
01-05-2008, 09:11 PM
.... I wasn't the person that brought the metaphor into the ADW conversation.

You posted the picture and you bear responsibility for doing so. NOW MOVE ON!

betovernetcapper
01-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Yes I posted the photo, and yes I compared Scott Daurty with General Nguyen Ngoc Loan. General Loan was a tyrant who held actual guns to peoples heads.
Daruty holds a metaphoric gun to ADWs, race racks and horsemen's heads.
Of the two I prefer the general because he was less hypocritical. :D

DJofSD
01-05-2008, 10:03 PM
General Loan was a tyrant who held actual guns to peoples heads.

Let's be clear: not only did he hold guns to peoples head's, he murdered them. There is associated video for that award winning photo -- the vietnamese man dies.

So, if it was just yet another photograph of some one threatening to shoot some one with a gun pointed at their head, that would be one thing, but to know the facts surrounding the specific picture makes it something else.

Sorry, BONC, I think you crossed the line.

njcurveball
01-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Of the two I prefer the general because he was less hypocritical. :D

Well I think this certainly qualifies this thread for off topic now! :ThmbUp: