PDA

View Full Version : Did You Hear the Interview with Hawthorne Racing Secretary on HRTV?

Turfday
01-04-2008, 11:26 AM
ROFLMAO..... Was being interview by "Katy" ???? and at the end of the interview, she brought up that Hawthorne doesn't run the entire year, so she asks Gary, "What do you do when the track is closed?"

He totally deadpanned, "Well Katy, I do have a few hobbies and I'm the world champion Russian Roulette player. I'm undefeated. And I'll probably go back to doing more of that." Katy responds, "That's interesting." She didn't have a clue what he meant.

kenwoodallpromos
01-04-2008, 02:15 PM
As a racing fan who has heard of Russian Roulette, a great answer, LOL!!
If I were a newbie who was curious about office workers with seasonal jobs, I would have liked to hear the answer to the question instead of being played a fool.
Pretend to be a newbie and go up to a few people at the track or an OTB and ask them for a little help.
I have worked a number of seasonal jobs in my life but very few peoiple were ever interested in what a Salvation Army bell ringer or a political petition collecter or a Federal Census enumerator does during the off-season.
I did not know that one of out members, Stu, who is racing Sec at Alb Downs, works as a placing judge at another NM track.
Seriously, I hope the big shots in the small pond of racing being interviewed on HRTV or TVG keep in mind that some cable companies sell the 2 networks aa part of a sports package and so non-racing types may flip to the channel by mistake,
But then again, I understand that racing has the worst PR sense of any sport or business!LOL!!

kenwoodallpromos
01-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Just sent him an email and already got a nice response! He's on my nice list!!

samyn on the green
01-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Thats flipping hilarious.

SMOO
01-04-2008, 04:28 PM
That reminds me of an old Mad Magazine fake ad for a "Russian Roulette Gift Set".

Included were:

gift case
one gun
one bullet
paper & pencil to keep score.

bigmack
01-04-2008, 04:56 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/55.jpg

Love & Marriage

kenwoodallpromos
01-04-2008, 06:50 PM
I tried to look up who invented Russian Roulette but for some strange reason the first players did not record who won and provide witnessess to confirm the winner- I wonder why not?LOL!!

cj's dad
01-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Should be home cooking dinner

The Hawk
01-04-2008, 09:12 PM

Score one for the ignorant!

DJofSD
01-04-2008, 09:57 PM

Narrow minded people think like this :mad:

:rolleyes:

cj's dad
01-05-2008, 06:33 AM
Have you ever heard of the phrase "tongue in cheek"? :faint:

bigmack
01-05-2008, 07:03 AM
Have you ever heard of the phrase "tongue in cheek"? :faint:
Calling DJ a bigot for his "tongue in cheek comment" seemed rather out of line - don't you think?
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=465422#post465422

cj's dad
01-05-2008, 08:12 AM
Calling DJ a bigot for his "tongue in cheek comment" seemed rather out of line - don't you think?
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=465422#post465422

His was rather specific, don't you think? Irish Catholic? I'm 50% irish and 100% catholic. Mine was a generalization; no harm intended. Let's move on, please.

Kelso
01-07-2008, 03:26 PM

:lol:

thespaah
01-07-2008, 11:54 PM
ROFLMAO..... Was being interview by "Katy" ???? and at the end of the interview, she brought up that Hawthorne doesn't run the entire year, so she asks Gary, "What do you do when the track is closed?"

He totally deadpanned, "Well Katy, I do have a few hobbies and I'm the world champion Russian Roulette player. I'm undefeated. And I'll probably go back to doing more of that." Katy responds, "That's interesting." She didn't have a clue what he meant.
Holy shit....ya know she may have been right out of college and was taught that tv is no place for joking around and in thinking that she "stayed the course" to avoid bringing attention to the obvious unwanted attempt at humor..Or the reporter is a complete idiot...Or has no sense of humor.
In any event I wish I could find that interview on youtube