PDA

View Full Version : Zambuto

grover_nt
01-04-2008, 10:37 AM
I found Joe's system intriguing to say the least but my lack of computer expertise leaves me frustrated to say the least. Joe's always answered my questions the best he could but my kids say I am one of those people who shouldn't be allowed to own a computer so we never got to sort out my problems with the program. I am hoping that now I have found this site I may get to chat with a fellow-user (as it were). I would really love to have this program up and running. Thanks.

Jim

rokitman
01-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Try a search for stuff like that
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/search.php?searchid=862123

railbird
01-04-2008, 03:50 PM
hi grove ,I purchased that program at least 3 years ago and after MANY,MANY many e-mails to joe I never got it to work, I even upgraded twice hoping to make it work . after the third upgrade i contacted joe with the specific problems and said it still would not work and that if he cannot fix the error this time it will be the last communication from me .Needless to say I was blown off and never heard from him again. I cannot get my results into the program so you can't use any of the functions (database, pace, weighing diff tracks and distance, etc ) that he advertises.

It would be good if it worked lots of luck .!

NormanTD
01-05-2008, 01:26 PM
My experience was about the same as Railbirds.

plainolebill
01-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Ditto

wes
01-06-2008, 10:39 AM
ditto:

Pcon04
05-27-2009, 07:36 PM
ditto

redeye007
05-28-2009, 05:07 AM
hi grove ,I purchased that program at least 3 years ago and after MANY,MANY many e-mails to joe I never got it to work, I even upgraded twice hoping to make it work . after the third upgrade i contacted joe with the specific problems and said it still would not work and that if he cannot fix the error this time it will be the last communication from me .Needless to say I was blown off and never heard from him again. I cannot get my results into the program so you can't use any of the functions (database, pace, weighing diff tracks and distance, etc ) that he advertises.

It would be good if it worked lots of luck .!

try using the bris result charts. they look like this xxxy.zip and unzipped the are xxx.cht. before you can view and print any pace data you need to update the database with result charts for your track and then update the track pars by clicking pace then click track pars and it should work. after you handicap a race be sure to add to self tune.

chrisl
05-28-2009, 03:20 PM
If the instruction's were a little bettor explained, or a few webinars I think it could be very good program. I am in the middle of trying to use all the functions also. I e-mailed Joe a Q's last Sunday, still have not heard back.
Could just be a real busy guy. I think a forum on his site would be the ticket.

redeye007
05-28-2009, 05:18 PM
It took me awhile to figure everything out but I basically have everything working except for a couple of minor bugs. I'm waiting to hear from Joe to see if these are bugs he is working on fixing. everything needs to work as advertised except for the data retrieval from equibase since they changed their format. I still believe it is an excellent handicapping tool providing all the features are functioning properly.

Zodiac
05-29-2009, 08:47 AM
I am going to buy the sofware but now I am not sure if it worth it.

Is the database help to refine the handicaping or only keep track of the result and what is the percentage of the choices on the win bases
Thanks for the answer
Zodiac

redeye007
05-29-2009, 06:46 PM
I haven't been using it that long so I can't really comment on win percentages since you need a database with a large enough sample of races to build good handicapping systems and then test them out. I was already using bris drf files for another program so this one is just another addition to my tool box. I would play around with the demo and see if it's right for you. It's not that user friendly but everything I needed to know I found in the help contents and on the authors website. as far as the data base is concerned you need to store race results to analyse the races and see what factors are supporting the highest percentage of winners so you can design weighting systems that work the best for a specific track. I'm just a recreational player and don't feel the need to purchase $14 files or $700 programs. :)

redeye007
05-30-2009, 03:51 AM
here's another thing I found using the program so far. after you handicap a race go to displays then top performance. look at the pace number for the horses. if a horse has an asterik next to the pace number use bris pp generator and look at the paceline. apparently the asterik flags a horse that is running at the wrong distance, wrong, surface coming off a long layoff, etc. I go to the advanced features and eliminate problem pacelines. for example if a horse has asteriks by his pace numbers and this is the race where he earned the highest speed but it was on grass and todays race is on the main track I go to the advance features and filter option and use the track surface options and click include dirt races only and the program will select the best dirt paceline. just thought I'd pass this along to anyone using the software. I'm still learning how to use it to it's optimal performance. :)

Zodiac
06-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Redeye007
Thanks a lot for your feedback
I have to wait to get in touch with Mr Zambuto, he is in vacation for 2 weeks.
I have try the demo but it cut me off after one time.
Best regards to all of you
Zodiac