PDA

View Full Version : software programmer needed

lefthandlow
01-02-2008, 10:11 AM
I'd like to know if there are any of you out here

that can make a program that scrapes the brisbet supertote and look for

tote board action .I was told that's what to call it sorry if its not correct.

I'd like to be able to track or look at certain trends before i make
the bet Not put in bets in for me but do some stuff like that atrpro software does.

Pm me if interested

Thanks
LL

Ultimate Selector!
01-15-2008, 05:25 PM
I have develpoed just that type of system that I use everday! Feel free to e- mail me if you have any questions!

My addy is in my profile!

Best of Luck! :)

osophy_junkie
01-15-2008, 08:07 PM
Besides inefficiencies in the pools, what type of tote action do you look for?

Gambleonclaimers
01-15-2008, 10:01 PM
you can use the web query function in excel to scrape the brisnet tote board and record all the monies in the pools at time intervals, There are a few tote systems out there with commercially available software if your looking to analyze the tote data after the fact excel and some vba macros work great and you can also include graphs if your looking for par and function values along with deverre tote style analysis you will have to dig deeper .net and java are then probably the way to go. If your serious about a tote system you will have to include network analyzation tools unless you only look for depravations in the pools. This has to do with the way simulcast and adw money is put into the pools happy hunting

Kelso
01-16-2008, 02:05 PM
you can use the web query function in excel to scrape the brisnet tote board and record all the monies in the pools at time intervals,

GOC,
If the web query function scrapes at intervals, does that mean it switches among tracks automatically ... in other words, the user does not have to point/click the mouse to switch from track to track?

Thank you.

Gambleonclaimers
01-16-2008, 03:23 PM
kelso, I am unsure of your real question because it is unclear what you are asking but I will try I have my excel sheets set up so each track is on a differnt page in a work book and the the pools it scrapes at time intervals using some pretty simple macros, so I have to click the mouse to switch between pages in the workbook but my buddy sets his so the pool values at time intervals for the 3 tracks he plays are set up horizontally so he does not have to click the mouse to see different pool info from the tracks he plays but I do. It all depends on how you structure your data. if you are playing more than one track using bris tote you may have to set up multiple web queries or links to switch between tracks which can be done automatically at time intervals requested but beware of lag if doing the bris max of 5 tracks this depends on time intervals selected. I hope that answers your question

Tom Barrister
01-16-2008, 04:13 PM
ATR (At the Races) Pro can probably do what you want it to do. If it doesn't, the author, Gary Darveaux,may set you up with a custom model, once you subscribe. You might send him an email, outlining what you want. If it isn't in there already, he may be willing to put it in your copy.

His email is: garypitz@hotmail.com

Kelso
01-16-2008, 04:19 PM
kelso, I am unsure of your real question because it is unclear what you are asking

Not an unusual circumstance for me, GOC; sorry 'bout that. Your answer, nevertheless, cleared up my own confusion.

I was tunnel-visioned on the SuperTote page ... which shows the Win odds for up to 5 tracks simultaneously but shows the pool info for only one track at a time.

However, you made clear that each worksheet CELL is directed to a DIFFERENT web page (pool data page) ... so that 5 different cells (or sets of cells) can be directed to 5 different pages at the same time.

Thanks very much for your help. Gonna try it.