PDA

View Full Version : CD Integrity

betovernetcapper
01-01-2008, 09:09 PM
On the TwinSpires/BrisBet site there is a section called Churchill Downs Integrity.

CD is to integrity as Britney Spears is to sobriety.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa62/beherethen/2455-bs30.jpg

Blackiee
01-02-2008, 12:20 AM
What about Churchill-TwinSpiers statement, "Best Player Rewards Program in Horse Racing" :lol: :lol: :D :D

Wickel
01-02-2008, 02:07 PM
How about Britney's twin spires?

horses721
01-03-2008, 09:03 AM
Maybe you can explain to me how TVG exclusivity makes them a hero in your eyes?

betovernetcapper
01-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Maybe you can explain to me how TVG exclusivity makes them a hero in your eyes?

Um er...I don't think I said or even implied that in this thread or ever . I'm in no way in favor of TVG exclusivity or Crapnet monopoly.

jillybeans
01-05-2008, 11:23 PM
integrity at Churchill Downs? HHHaaawwww....that is TOO FUNNY:lol: :lol:

PaceAdvantage
01-07-2008, 04:55 PM
What I find most degrading is the quality of some of these threads lately. Surely you guys can do better, can you not?

How about some new info....isn't there anything new to report out there Jilly? Didn't you promise us some serious perp walks, or something to that effect?

Why the sudden slow down in news? Are the Feds backing off this investigation? Did somebody overstep their territory here? Was this some sort of witch hunt gone wrong?

What's the real scoop? Enough of the Britney and Vietnam-era photos....

alydar
01-07-2008, 09:21 PM
I second that!!

The fact is, that Churchill Downs appears to be running a pretty good show.

Their stock price is at or near all time highs. They have acquired a good ADW.

They seem to undertand the business much better than Magna ever has.

I am not a big fan of this Tracknet business, but this constant bashing of CDI with no apparent new news or relavant information of any kind beyond childish name calling is getting very old.

betovernetcapper
01-08-2008, 12:32 AM
Maybe I've been too hard on TwinSpires. My New Years resolution is to be a kinder and more gentle BONC. By the way speaking of perp walks, did anyone catch Frank Angust's piece today

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2008/January/07/Dozen-charged-with-gambling-money-laundering.aspx

Grits
01-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Maybe I've been too hard on TwinSpires. My New Years resolution is to be a kinder and more gentle BONC.

That's a good thing, BONC. Even I have lightened up on Churchill and Evans, some.:lol:

Still, as far as their stock price being up, THAT is what hacks are paid to produce. They cut jobs, they cut costs, etc, etc, and it all makes the bottom line more favorable to the shareholders.

Rook
01-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Maybe I've been too hard on TwinSpires. My New Years resolution is to be a kinder and more gentle BONC.

I hope this is a resolution that you break. If there was an award for PA Member of the Year, you would have been one of my nominees for 2007. Horseplayers don't have a pressing need for more gentle sweet talkers. We need people like you who expose and organize action against those who have been our enemies.

TrackNet and WEG are two companies that deserve to lose all of their business until they drop their fervent anti-rebate positions. Your condemnation of them has been completely justified, so please don't turn into a marshmallow.

Kelso
01-08-2008, 01:41 PM
My New Years resolution is to be a kinder and more gentle BONC.

:eek: NOOOOOOOOOO!!! :faint:

betovernetcapper
01-08-2008, 03:07 PM
I hope this is a resolution that you break. If there was an award for PA Member of the Year, you would have been one of my nominees for 2007. Horseplayers don't have a pressing need for more gentle sweet talkers. We need people like you who expose and organize action against those who have been our enemies.

TrackNet and WEG are two companies that deserve to lose all of their business until they drop their fervent anti-rebate positions. Your condemnation of them has been completely justified, so please don't turn into a marshmallow.

Thank you for your kind comments but I'm firm in my resolutions. For example the old BONC would have looked at this money laundering story
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2008/January/07/Dozen-charged-with-gambling-money-laundering.aspx
and speculated about where the bets were being laid off .
The old BONC would have speculated if TrackNet had recently hired criminal defense lawyer Jack Jeziorski, in anticipation of such events.
When people commented on the blueness of the crapnet/BrisBet betting interface the old BONC would have pointed out that as of Jan 1st, players would be charged for past performances on days they download pps and didn't bet on that track.
When people commented on CDHN stock price, the old BONC would have pointed out that at least some of the price gain was due to a Duchossois buy in December and probably is somewhat inflated.
BTW does anyone know the HR director at Caliente? ;)

jillybeans
01-08-2008, 06:14 PM
As a share price being an accurate barometer of business conditions, lets not forget United Airlines traded 280..Enron 92..Countrywide credit 45 bucks....to say that Churchill Downs is a well managed company because their share price is high is ludicrous. Duchoisois has employed a strategy of buying more shares on each dip. Quite a speculative gamble for a very conservative businessman. Lets not forget Churchill downs CEO, Robert Evans, hails from a NASDAQ company that tumbled 99.7 pct. Frankly, single digit share price for CHDN is not entirely impossible...especially if our US Justice Department enforces their view on offshore horse race wagering. Take the settlement fees and additional monies out of the wagering pools and I have concluded Churchill downs is barely a break even company should the US Justice department prohibit offshore horse wagering. Doors were not kicked in all over our country because our Government had nothing better to do with their time. This will be a sad ending for the two major racetrack companies. From what I am hearing there will be few sympathetic ears for the plight they will soon encounter.:ThmbDown:

PaceAdvantage
01-09-2008, 02:26 AM
Funny. From where I sit, it seems that things are cooling down, not heating up. I guess we shall see....

In the meantime, maybe I'll dig up some more Brittney and Vietnam-era execution photos to tide me over till the bombs start to drop.....

Indulto
01-09-2008, 07:42 AM
With apologies to Sammy Cahn:

BONC and Jilly
BONC and Jilly
Are more in synch than
Milli Vanilli
This I tell you, poster
They'll take you on a roller coaster

BONC and Jilly
BONC and Jilly
Go together like