PDA

View Full Version : NYRA hrtv

wegoosewe
01-01-2008, 07:30 PM
i found this on there website. looks like hrtv has the contract. http://www.hrtv.com/press.asp?id=33

Does this mean its not exclusive to tvg. if so i think i am going to take my money out the the tvg account and find something new. any recommendations.

samyn on the green
01-01-2008, 07:42 PM
There was no NYRA on TVG today. This was a last minute move to help Bruno save some face in the NY franchise deal. Churchill/Magna has kickbacks invested in Bruno with little to no return. Allowing HRTV to carry NYRA allows Bruno to leave the table with a least something.

Without NYRA racing TVG is done. I thought both TVG/HRTV going to show NYRA but today it was only HRTV. With the kickbacks to Bruno in place NYRA has found a new home on HRTV. Frankly the coverage was better than TVG, so there are no tears in my beer. The only mistake I noticed today was when they interrupted the Santa Anita feature race for a overweight ladies catalog commercial.

wegoosewe
01-01-2008, 08:31 PM
is tvg going to be able to settle a contract to get coverage back.

samyn on the green
01-01-2008, 08:33 PM
There are backroom deals going on right now as we speak. It is all about moneybags, kickbacks and power. Nobody knows yet. If you only have TVG and no HRTV and want to watch NY you may be screwed,

wegoosewe
01-01-2008, 08:46 PM
no i have both stations. I just need a new adw.. dont know which to go threw.

garyoz
01-01-2008, 08:51 PM
There are about 4 threads going on this topic. TVG will carry NYRA. See this press release from NYRA:

http://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/stories/TVGAgreement.shtml

AQU should be back on TVG on Thursday.

BillW
01-01-2008, 08:51 PM
i found this on there website. looks like hrtv has the contract. http://www.hrtv.com/press.asp?id=33

Does this mean its not exclusive to tvg. if so i think i am going to take my money out the the tvg account and find something new. any recommendations.

It depends on which state you live in. All ADW's are limited as to the number of states they are available.

wegoosewe
01-01-2008, 08:58 PM
i live in mass. i checked out twinspires.com but they dont tell which tracks they have.

BombsAway Bob
01-01-2008, 09:34 PM
i live in mass. i checked out twinspires.com but they dont tell which tracks they have.
TVG & HRTV have NYRA now. NYRA gets to farm out their signal to everyone.
What the heck, TVG had exclusive dibs for 7 years. Hopefully Kentucky horsemen will demand the same simulcast deal California's did, & TVG will get Churchill back for wagering(the way they are carrying SA & GG now.)
WED.,Jan.2, TVG T'Bred tracks: Philly, Calder, & Sunland. Strong lineup.

BillW
01-01-2008, 09:46 PM

From the Twin Spires website ...

Be 18 years of age and a U.S. resident or resident alien of one the following states: Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming. The following states have higher age requirements: Alabama (min. age 19), Iowa (min. age 21), New Hampshire (min. age 21), Washington (min. age 21).

PaceAdvantage
01-01-2008, 11:26 PM
Why do people feel the need to post even though they are clueless about what is really going on?

This was a last minute move to help Bruno save some face in the NY franchise deal. Churchill/Magna has kickbacks invested in Bruno with little to no return. Allowing HRTV to carry NYRA allows Bruno to leave the table with a least something.So you believe TVG won't be carrying NYRA in a couple of days? Are you saying HRTV has the exclusive on NYRA? That's what your quote implies....

samyn on the green
01-01-2008, 11:36 PM
It was essential that someone justifies why NYRA was on HRTV but not TVG. Conjuncture is part of my posting arsenal when trying to sort through the myriad of shadowy dealings behind the scenes of the the NY franchise "process". It is not out of the realm of possibility that NYRA will be banished from TVG starting today. Bruno has held gamely for this long, surely he is going to walk away from the table with something. Will NYRA be back on TVG Thursday? I guess so but how can you be so sure?

As a New York taxpayer I have a right to vent to about political process that is completely diseased. You and me are funding this entire process and we are not getting represented properly. Thats why I posted about this. Why do people feel the need to post even though they are clueless about what is really going on?

So you believe TVG won't be carrying NYRA in a couple of days? Are you saying HRTV has the exclusive on NYRA? That's what your quote implies....

PaceAdvantage
01-01-2008, 11:43 PM
It's been published that NYRA has a new deal for 2008 in place with TVG, so until that story changes, why invent other dreamscapes?

samyn on the green
01-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Where in that agreement did it say that Aqueduct was going to be on HRTV but not TVG starting 01JAN08? It did not say that but that was the reality when I turned on the TV in the wagering pavilion of the Samyn compound.

samyn on the green
01-03-2008, 11:50 AM
It is Thursday and it looks like HRTV has the Aqueduct exclusive yet again. No Aqueduct on the TVG tote.

turfnsport
01-03-2008, 12:30 PM
HRTV does not have an "exclusive" ...It appears TVG is ELECTING to not SHOW the races.

no wagering as of right now on NYRA on TVG, xpressbet, twinspires, etc.

Kudos to HRTV for showing the racing. Idiotic move by TVG IMHO.

MikeD

Tom
01-03-2008, 12:39 PM
What about YouBet?

GaryG
01-03-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm just glad somebody is finally showing Tampa live. They don't have much else except Turfway.

Bobzilla
01-03-2008, 01:56 PM
I'm currently wagering Aqueduct through YouBet, cannot receive simulcast signal through them. Cannot wager through Twinspires, but can watch simulcast. Go Figure.

shanta
01-03-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm currently wagering Aqueduct through YouBet, cannot receive simulcast signal through them. Cannot wager through Twinspires, but can watch simulcast. Go Figure.

How are you watching the simul at T.S. Bob? I'm logged on and the track is nowhere.
:confused:

turfnsport
01-03-2008, 02:24 PM

That statement should replace NTRA's "Go Baby Go"

MikeD

Bobzilla
01-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Shanta, I may have lucked out as I clicked on race replay, then Aqueduct simulcast, at around 1130 and it let me at that time. Not sure if it would let me now ibut I don't want to screw with it if it doesn't let me. Still getting simulcast feed from NYRA through Twinspires as I type.

shanta
01-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Shanta, I may have lucked out as I clicked on race replay, then Aqueduct simulcast, at around 1130 and it let me at that time. Not sure if it would let me now ibut I don't want to screw with it if it doesn't let me. Still getting simulcast feed from NYRA through Twinspires as I type.

Thank you Bob!

Just milled around a bit following what you said and there it is.

Richie

garyoz
01-03-2008, 02:34 PM
HRTV does not have an "exclusive" ...It appears TVG is ELECTING to not SHOW the races.

no wagering as of right now on NYRA on TVG, xpressbet, twinspires, etc.

Kudos to HRTV for showing the racing. Idiotic move by TVG IMHO.

MikeD

That is ridiculous (e.g. idiotic) statement. I'm sure that TVG will show NYRA as soon as the "paperwork" is approved.

eastie
01-03-2008, 02:37 PM
how can we get Comcast to pick up HRTV in Massacchusetts ?????????

dartman51
01-03-2008, 02:42 PM
This the Twin Spires Line up

12:15 pmThe Meadows (H)12:25 pmTampa Bay12:30 pmAqueduct12:30 pmFreehold Raceway (H)12:35 pmLaurel Park12:40 pmMonticello (H)1:15 pmGulfstream1:30 pmFair Grounds2:15 pmSunland2:25 pmTurf Paradise (TO)2:35 pmHawthorne3:45 pmGolden Gate Fields4:00 pmSanta Anita5:30 pmTurfway Park (TO)6:00 pmFlamboro Downs (H)6:40 pmNorthville Downs (H)7:00 pmMeadowlands (H)7:00 pmNorthfield Park (H)7:15 pmCharles Town7:25 pmPompano Park (H)7:30 pmDelta Downs7:30 pmWoodbine (H)7:35 pmWestern Fair (H)8:00 pmSam Houston8:25 pmAustralia8:35 pmCal Expo (H)10:00 pmFraser Downs (H)10:15 pmLos Alamitos (TO)

turfnsport
01-03-2008, 02:44 PM
That is ridiculous (e.g. idiotic) statement. I'm sure that TVG will show NYRA as soon as the "paperwork" is approved.

Of course they are going to show the races when betting returns, my point is they should have shown the races on Tuesday and today anyway. It is a horse racing network last time I checked.

They could SHOW the races today if they wanted to.

So who is the real idiot? (answer: not you, TVG)

MikeD

Tom
01-03-2008, 02:58 PM
So isn't HRTV connected to Xpressbet? They show the races but don't take bets on them?

What is going here - is everyone trying to show just what complete morons
they all are??? So far, it is a multi-dead heat.

Is anyone connected to horse racing smarter than dirt?
Never mind.....I already know the answer.

shanta
01-03-2008, 03:00 PM
What is going here - is everyone trying to show just what complete morons
they all are???

Yes!

"Ass backwards"

OTM Al
01-04-2008, 09:49 AM
Here is why its such a mess

http://www.drf.com/news/article/91360.html

Not NYRA, not TVG, or any other company, but again a bunch of political appointees dragging their feet.

Tom
01-04-2008, 09:55 AM
However, NYRA et al should have KNOWN the cluster F was coming and alerted their CUSTOMERS before it happened. That is how responsible organizations act. NYRA et al appear to not care about US.

Frankly, I don't miss Aquedump a bit and will most like not even bother with them if and when the ever do figure out how to do thier jobs.

SCA-REW them all.

trigger
01-04-2008, 12:48 PM
NYRA=SNAFU

turfnsport
01-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Here is why its such a mess

Not NYRA, not TVG, or any other company, but again a bunch of political appointees dragging their feet.

From DRF:
Despite the fact it couldn’t accept wagers on Aqueduct’s races, HRTV opted to show the races. TVG chose not show Aqueduct’s races.

This the Twin Spires Line up

12:15 pmThe Meadows (H)12:25 pmTampa Bay12:30 pmAqueduct12:30 pmFreehold Raceway (H)12:35 pmLaurel Park12:40 pmMonticello (H)1:15 pmGulfstream1:30 pmFair Grounds2:15 pmSunland2:25 pmTurf Paradise (TO)2:35 pmHawthorne3:45 pmGolden Gate Fields4:00 pmSanta Anita5:30 pmTurfway Park (TO)6:00 pmFlamboro Downs (H)6:40 pmNorthville Downs (H)7:00 pmMeadowlands (H)7:00 pmNorthfield Park (H)7:15 pmCharles Town7:25 pmPompano Park (H)7:30 pmDelta Downs7:30 pmWoodbine (H)7:35 pmWestern Fair (H)8:00 pmSam Houston8:25 pmAustralia8:35 pmCal Expo (H)10:00 pmFraser Downs (H)10:15 pmLos Alamitos (TO)

there is NO AQUEDUCT on my ts lineup
is xpress bet taking big a action?

Tom
01-04-2008, 02:11 PM
The guy who is supposed to sign the papers to allow betting on NYRA.....are they sending to night school to learn how to read and write? Or is Spitzer looking for someone who can read and write to help them find a school?

Dirt is smarter and more effective than this bunch of losers.
Perhaps it is time to start shutting down the Albany switchboards and email with complaints? I'll sit there Saturday and send 10,000 just becasue I can.

turfnsport
01-04-2008, 02:26 PM
HRTV just announced they will no longer being showing AQU today.

It's becoming an episode of the Twilight Zone.

MikeD

turfnsport
01-04-2008, 02:31 PM
From Twinspires web site:
Aqueduct is now available. Please note: live video from Aqueduct is currently unavailable, but will be available soon.

So you can bet but not watch.

Priceless.

MikeD

Bobzilla
01-04-2008, 02:44 PM
If you don't mind watching the race 5 minutes after the fact, I would guess you can still go into Twinspires video library and click on Aqueduct, January 4th. You'll be able to at least see it, albeit not live. Better than nothing for a day or two until the political appointees in the NY State Wagering and Racing Office can get off their extended lunch break.

OTM Al
01-04-2008, 04:40 PM
One would have to think it is intentional given the majority of appointees were made by the previous goveror and now answer to a certain Rep. Senate leader who wanted to wrest control of simulcasting from NYRA. He couldn't have anything to do with holding up a deal that was done several days ago could he????? Nah.........

The Hawk
01-04-2008, 09:23 PM
If you don't mind watching the race 5 minutes after the fact, I would guess you can still go into Twinspires video library and click on Aqueduct, January 4th. You'll be able to at least see it, albeit not live. Better than nothing for a day or two until the political appointees in the NY State Wagering and Racing Office can get off their extended lunch break.

Or, you can make a point to bring your business elsewhere, where the product and service is better, as opposed to a track where you're clearly regarded as an afterthought, if you're thought of at all.

If you get a chance, go to the top of this thread and read it from the start and try to imagine how this industry can have less regard for it's customers, the very people trying to support it. They're daring people to get a bet down and watch a race. It's really incredible.

samyn on the green
01-05-2008, 12:24 AM
Now the NYSRWB will not let anybody watch NYRA races. HRTV, Xpressbet and Twinspires have been declined from the NYRA video feed. Twinspires and xpressbet customers can wager on the race but not watch. This is a tough one to figure out. I am not sure if this is NYSRWB corruption or ineppitude.

Is this some sort of corrupt plan designed to keep NYRA in bankruptcy by keeping the signal in check and not allowing people to watch the races? Or is it a form of corruption where the OTB internet sites are protected from competition? OTB does not offer video so they are at a competitive disadvantage. But if the NYSRWB does not let anybody watch the races on-line the field is leveled.

Or maybe it is just complete ineptitude on the NYSRWBs behalf. Maybe the staffers at the NYSRWB are educationally challenged hacks that work in a bureaucracy and would not know a trifecta from a trip note.

DRF Article
Headlines | Posted 1/4/2008, 6:35 pmPrint
Betting on Big A expands
By DAVID GRENING

The New York State Racing and Wagering Board on Friday approved the New York Racing Association's contracts with the betting arms of HRTV and TVG, allowing customers of those wagering platforms to begin betting on Aqueduct.

The board approved TVG's application to televise the Aqueduct races, but declined to allow HRTV to show them. The board did not specify why it would not allow HRTV to broadcast the races, though it said that HRTV could reapply, and the network did indeed file a new application Friday. On Tuesday, Thursday, and early Friday, HRTV showed the races, though it could not take any wagers on them.

The board gave approval for Xpressbet.com and Twinspires.com, two advance-deposit wagering sites affiliated with HRTV and the TrackNet Media Group, to take bets on races from Aqueduct. It declined to allow Xpressbet.com, Twinspires.com, and several other TrackNet affiliates to stream Aqueduct's races over the Internet.

TVG was scheduled to begin taking bets and showing Aqueduct's races on Saturday. TVG, which previously had exclusive rights to NYRA's races, had not been able to show or take wagering on Aqueduct's races since Tuesday, the start of the new year.

garyoz
01-05-2008, 06:26 AM
There has to be some underlying logic here. It must be dotting "i's" and crossing "t's" in the application process. It appears there are parallel requirements, one for video simulcasts and a second for wagering? Wonder if HRTV was violating the regulations when it broadcast the races earlier in the week, must be. I look forward to their explanation today when they don't carry the signal, but allow wagering (it that is what happens). Certainly ridiculous. This is the type of governance that all those tax dollars buy.

All I know is I was able to wager online at phonebet. It is useful to have a low profile "out" that covers all tracks, even if the betting interface is terrible.

eastie
01-06-2008, 11:36 AM
how can we get Comcast to pick up HRTV in Massacchusetts ?????????
surely one of you clever people can help out a bettor in need.

garyoz
01-06-2008, 11:54 AM
It is not likely to happen. They have dozens of networks trying to get onto the systems. Right now the focus is on HDTV which is bandwidth intensive. They would rather carry something like Discovery-HD than a narrowband network with very limited demand. You can lobby with your local system and contact Comcast corporate in Phillie but really a waste of time--bandwidth constraints. Just get DISH network...that's the only easy solution. A basic subscription is only around $340 a year (I get both DirecTV for the NFL and DISH).

BombsAway Bob
01-06-2008, 11:57 AM
surely one of you clever people can help out a bettor in need.
MAGNA/HRTV had a form letter online that was pre-printed, basically asking Comcast to add TVG. The thing is, TVG is/was owned by GEMSTAR, who also owned "The TV Guide Channel" that Comcast uses on ch.22. I'm thinking Gemstar made a deal where they said; "We'll GIVE you TVG as long as you use our TV Guide Channel, & You DON'T ADD HRTV!" Why else wouldn't they add HRTV to their "Sports Entertainment Package(Read: NFL Network)".
HRTV would practically GIVE them the signal to boost the networks audience! Heck, when Comcast was advertising the "Sports Entertainment Package" a month ago, they mentioned "NFL Network, TENNIS NETWORK, College Sports Network, even the newly formed Tiddly-Winks Network", but NOT A MENTION of TVG!!!!
They ARE CLUELESS @ Comcast!

garyoz
01-06-2008, 12:28 PM
The leverage comes from News Corp. The majority shareholder in Gemstar also owns Fox, Fox Sports Networks, etc. There would not be a specific exclusion clause (anti-trust).

hibiscus
01-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Look into Verizon FIOS. My buddy just had it installed at his home and he gets both TVG and HRTV. Best of all worlds. He has a package where he gets phone, Internet, and TV all for something like $100 per month.

Unfortunately FIOS is not yet available in my area.

thespaah
01-06-2008, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=eastie]how can we get Comcast to pick up HRTV in Massacchusetts ?????????[/QUOTE....
Buy the cable franchise.
All kidding aside.....Dump cable and get Satellite. Dish Network shows both HRTV and TVG on their least expensive channel package.
Cable companies don't care about their viewers. They care alot about their viewers money, though.