PDA

View Full Version : TVG Customers~"No NYRA New Years Day for You!"

BombsAway Bob
12-31-2007, 08:54 PM
Posted tonight on TVG's "Race Schedule" lineup:
Aqueduct is unavailable Jan.1,2008 due to a delay in the process of competing necessary paperwork and approvals for the N.Y. Racing Assoc. We fully expect Aqueduct racing to be available at TVG on 1/3/08.

BillW
12-31-2007, 08:58 PM
I hate when those unexpected expirations pop up. :rolleyes:

Ought to give HRTV a nice kickoff for their NYRA coverage.

JustRalph
12-31-2007, 09:55 PM
anybody got any idea what this little delay will cost them?

Amazing.............the paperwork is probably sitting in somebody's "in" basket :lol:

Tom
12-31-2007, 11:29 PM
And the parade of morons just keeps getting longer and longer. :lol:
They should make them wear uniforms. Or better yet......

"Here's your sign!"

Ron
01-01-2008, 01:01 AM
Is NYRA definitely racing?

BillW
01-01-2008, 01:08 AM
Is NYRA definitely racing?

I just heard a commercial for it on HRTV. Of course, they might not know either - it wouldn't stop them from running the commercial. :rolleyes:

Tim
01-01-2008, 02:16 AM
From the Aqueduct web site

http://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/stories/NYRAExtension.shtml

Kerleecue
01-01-2008, 12:20 PM
No ADW is taking Aqueduct, but way to call out TVG.

garyoz
01-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Tracknet, Magna, Phonebet all taking bets on line.

BombsAway Bob
01-01-2008, 12:41 PM
No ADW is taking Aqueduct, but way to call out TVG.
Hey, Kerleecue...Ya YoU!
I wasn't "calling out TVG", I was trying to save PA members the frustration of handicapping the Big-A card last night & not being able to watch & wager on it today.
HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too...-Peace, BOB

Kerleecue
01-01-2008, 08:07 PM
my bad, bob. thought there was some unnecessary bashing, but guess i was wrong. alos, you could not wager on tracknet either, garyoz.

samyn on the green
01-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Was NYRA moving to HRTV a last minute move to help Bruno save some face in the NY franchise deal? Churchill/Magna has kickbacks invested in Bruno with little to no return. Allowing HRTV to carry NYRA allows Bruno to leave the table with a least something. Weren't we under the impression that both networks would carry NYRA? Why would the feed be on one channel but not the other? The ineptitude of the NYSRWB allows corruption to continue and the public is so clueless I think the posters/bloggers on the internet are the only people that noticed.

garyoz
01-01-2008, 08:43 PM
my bad, bob. thought there was some unnecessary bashing, but guess i was wrong. alos, you could not wager on tracknet either, garyoz.

So, I guess the only readily available online places (besides the NYRA, OTB, NJ sites) that you could bet on were Xpressbet and Phonebet? I know Phonebet's site worked because I used it. Pretty bizarre--seems more than a coincidence that Magna worked it out. There is a press release on the NYRA site announcing the TVG deal, and TVG said AQU would be back on Thursday.