PDA

View Full Version : HRTV on cox cable

superfecta
01-23-2003, 12:15 AM
Heard that HRTV is trying to get on cox communications cable systems around the country.Might be worth it to call your local cox cable and ask they pick it up.Even if you don't dig Frankie,any outlet we can get is better than none.

Hosshead
01-23-2003, 04:57 AM
Superfecta, The other day my cable had both HRTV AND TVG (at the same time) on two different channels that were normal cable channels. (I live near Santa Anita). So I was switching channels back and forth trying to compare the two. I much prefer HRTV. They go right to the action. While the talking heads were talking on tvg, I watched several other races around the country on HRTV. The other times I've seen TVG, the talking heads were trying to be "personalites" with manufactured humor etc. Besides, as long as I know the weather, (track off or not), I don't need (or want) the "banter" from the "personalites". The only thing about HRTV that was not up to par was the quality of the picture. The resolution was not real sharp. However, HRTV (that day) was broadcasted over a uhf station (channel 56-KDOC), which the cable (Adelphia) carries. The resolution (slightly fuzzy) problem could be the fault of the uhf station.

ceejay
01-23-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by superfecta
Heard that HRTV is trying to get on cox communications cable systems around the country.Might be worth it to call your local cox cable and ask they pick it up.Even if you don't dig Frankie,any outlet we can get is better than none.

I already called Cox of OKC. They are not and have no plans to carry it. My guess is that it is because XPRESBET doesn't take action from OK and Magna is planning to pay cable companies to carry the signal so they don't want to do pay in a system where they won't get bets.

Just my opinion but if the new gov gets his lottery, then slots will follow. In (my reading of) the AG's opinion that account wagering is illegal in OK, the opinion's basis is that gambling is illegal in OK, including a lottery. If a lottery and slots happen, then the AG opinion has no basis and he may change his opinion. If that happens XPresbet may come back and HRTV with it. Maybe just wishful thinking.

In the interim I'm getting Dishnet and TVG (and I told Cox that) and I'll bet at BRIS.

superfecta
01-23-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by ceejay
I already called Cox of OKC. They are not and have no plans to carry it. My guess is that it is because XPRESBET doesn't take action from OK and Magna is planning to pay cable companies to carry the signal so they don't want to do pay in a system where they won't get bets.

Just my opinion but if the new gov gets his lottery, then slots will follow. In (my reading of) the AG's opinion that account wagering is illegal in OK, the opinion's basis is that gambling is illegal in OK, including a lottery. If a lottery and slots happen, then the AG opinion has no basis and he may change his opinion. If that happens XPresbet may come back and HRTV with it. Maybe just wishful thinking.

In the interim I'm getting Dishnet and TVG (and I told Cox that) and I'll bet at BRIS. I would think that Stronach's marketing plan would include states that he owns tracks in,so he would push to get the network on the air.Dale Day at RP has indicated the track wants the nework carried here,and representatives from HRTV have talked to Cox headquarters in Atlanta.Maybe by association Cox will pick it up locally and Magna will try to get Xpressbet affiliated here.I seem to have read at some time that since we have simulcast wagering it is legal to hold an account here,but there is no definite law either way.Hence the AG opinion.But with a change in administration,who knows?

ceejay
01-23-2003, 09:34 PM
Super,

I hopr that you're correct and it happens!