PDA

View Full Version : Help! Mac-Book or Note Book ??

Mag
12-30-2007, 03:18 PM
My lapstop is dying, it's an HP Pavilion zv5000. I prefer a laptop over a desktop.....which is better, another pc laptop, or an Mac-book or I-Mac? Just need it for internet surfing and photo use & storage. I'm sick of glitches.:confused:

thisbarb
12-30-2007, 04:05 PM
My lapstop is dying, it's an HP Pavilion zv5000. I prefer a laptop over a desktop.....which is better, another pc laptop, or an Mac-book or I-Mac? Just need it for internet surfing and photo use & storage. I'm sick of glitches.:confused:

A Macbook is quite good. The MacBook Pro was also reviewed as a better laptop PC than most real PC laptops, ironically. They tend to get a bit hot underneath though. I believe the advantages outweigh the disadvantages (good performance, dual-boot capable vs. heat and slightly higher cost)

Snag
12-30-2007, 07:21 PM
The question to answer before the money goes down is what software are you running in the laptop? Becareful if you switch.

Mag
12-30-2007, 09:25 PM
The question to answer before the money goes down is what software are you running in the laptop? Becareful if you switch.

Nothing fancy. Email, internet, printer, photo software, media player, adobe reader, word. I'm not running any video games or handicapping software. It's mostly the stuff a PC comes with anyway.

mrharness
12-31-2007, 02:15 AM
You can now run Windows on a Mac so that shouldn't be too big a problem.

PowerPlay
01-01-2008, 06:58 PM
It's a question of which system you are most comfortable with. they both are fine. Glitches? you're bound to have plenty of them no matter which you land on. they go with the territory. I'd forget about all the little technicalities and focus on practical matters--maybe what you need is a super wide screen lap top or a docking station\mouse\monitor which would give you the best of all worlds.