PDA

View Full Version : NYRA races to be available on TrackNet outlets, HRTV

trigger
12-29-2007, 11:05 AM
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2007/December/28/NYRA-races-to-be-available-on-TrackNet-outlets-HRTV.aspx

BOTH TVG and HRTV will telecast NYRA races!

ranchwest
12-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Yeah, but I've been denied wagering on several ADWs without anything related to me personally. I still can't wager on NYRA. I'm currently on Bet Pad.

Southieboy
12-30-2007, 08:32 PM
You goota waint until 2008

asH
01-06-2008, 10:04 AM
I Want My HRTV ...or both (TVG/HRTV)

extract from, (business is business)

Standards competition: A good thing?
by Jason Bloomberg and Ronald Schmelzer, Senior Analysts, ZapThink, LLC
In the final analysis, market forces drive standards efforts -- in other words, customers have the final say as to which standards they will adopt and demand from their suppliers. The best-crafted standard is entirely useless if there's no market demand for products that support that standard. Contrarily, many standards become widely accepted in spite of technical limitations or other problems. Customers buy products and services that meet business needs, and if one particular product that supports a standard is better able to meet those needs than one that isn't, customers will buy it. It's as simple as that.
Of course, vendors understand this basic principle of standards adoption. After all, vendors are for-profit companies, and will only cooperate with their competition if such cooperation will lead to more satisfied customers and increased revenues for themselves. But make no mistake, successful vendors are tough competitors, and thus even cooperative initiatives are fundamentally competitive at some level. This "coopetition" reality pits different motivations and constituencies against each other and pervades the Web services standards process, in several different respects:

In full
http://searchsoa.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid26_gci917403,00.h

asH