PDA

View Full Version : HRTV gets NYRA

JustRalph
12-29-2007, 03:22 AM
http://www.santaanita.com/news/pr.php?f=horeracingtvnewyorkracingassociatio

I see Aqu is added to the Twinspires menu.............

HORERACING TV & NEW YORK RACING ASSOCIATION REACH AGREEMENT FOR CARRIAGE IN 2008

HORSERACING TV & NEW YORK RACING ASSOCIATION REACH AGREEMENT FOR CARRIAGE IN 2008

One of Thoroughbred Racing's Premier Circuits Joins HRTV's Expanding Line-Up

Arcadia, CA, Dec. 28 -- HorseRacing TV (HRTV) (TM) and the New York Racing Association (NYRA) have reached agreement for carriage of the three NYRA racetracks (Aqueduct, Belmont and Saratoga) for the upcoming 2008 racing season.

HRTV's coverage of one of the sport's premier racing circuits will commence on New Year's Day, Tuesday, January 1.

~much more at the link~

larman
12-29-2007, 04:53 AM
If as reported nyra leaves tvg. Are they finished???????/

GaryG
12-29-2007, 07:48 AM
Maybe TVG will have time to show the Tampa races live now.....

OTM Al
12-29-2007, 08:51 AM
NYRA will also be on TVG and they also reached a deal with youbet for internet wagering and simulcasting.

andicap
12-29-2007, 09:54 AM
With all of the content on a single channel expect to see more tape delays on HRTV next year -- they really need a second channel but no way can they get it launched on satellite/cable systems considering how hard it is to get a single slot!

I guess the only other option is watch the races online --

Tom
12-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Gee, one might think that with all theses tracks signing contracts with HRTV, they would find someone who knew how to use that new-fangled invention - the TELEPHONE!
"Hello Aqueduct? This is Laurel. What time is your second race post?"
"Hi Laurel, 1:21 pm."
"Thanks, Big A."

"Hey guys, make post time 1:24."

Am I asking too much from the heads full of mush that run this game to actually show signs of inteligence?" :rolleyes::bang:

PaceAdvantage
12-29-2007, 03:13 PM
It's a good idea in practice Tom, but once a horse thrashes about in the gate and holds up post time for 10 minutes at one of these tracks, the schedule is going to go to hell no matter what....there's just too many races at too many tracks to even think about some sort of reliable schedule....IMO....

Indulto
12-29-2007, 03:19 PM
It's a good idea in practice Tom, but once a horse thrashes about in the gate and holds up post time for 10 minutes at one of these tracks, the schedule is going to go to hell no matter what....there's just too many races at too many tracks to even think about some sort of reliable schedule....IMO....If a horse delays the start past a certain point, the race could go into replay status and the schedule continued. I don't understand why a delayed race counldn't move to an auxillary channel instead.

Happy holidays, PA.

Marshall Bennett
12-29-2007, 04:03 PM
You would think thats whats going on in So. California . Its 0 min. to post and the field is still a quarter mile from the gate moving at a snails pace ... lets not hold anyone up !!!

Tom
12-29-2007, 04:23 PM
It's a good idea in practice Tom, but once a horse thrashes about in the gate and holds up post time for 10 minutes at one of these tracks, the schedule is going to go to hell no matter what....there's just too many races at too many tracks to even think about some sort of reliable schedule....IMO....

Yeah, but this new fangled telephone work in real time.
But I guess you have a poiint - my idea would require that racing officals remain either alert or sober all afternoon. Duh.:bang:

andicap
12-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Unless they were pulling my leg, HRTV said today that Fair Ground was delaying its race until after the Santa Anita race so that viewers could see it live.

That's progress --