PDA

View Full Version : Horse Watch at AQU

Tom
01-21-2003, 06:28 PM
There ws a lot of talk about a hidden move some horse made in the last race at AQU a while ago-no comments about the big move and sudden drop back. I don't remember the horse, but the jock was later found out to be hurt- bad shoulder. Well, check out the DRF today or tomorrow on this whole thing - here is a quote from a poster at the Derby List that might be interesting.....

quote:
Tomorrow's DRF reports that jockey Norberto Arroyo Jr. has been in jail since Jan. 6 after being convicted of attacking three men with a pool cue on Belmont Stakes day last year. NYRA -- and the Form -- had been reporting him injured (sore shoulder, I believe) for the past two weeks. The truth is finally out.

Wonder what is going on here?

Suff
01-21-2003, 08:42 PM
The Horse is "Mr. Liberty" worked last week.. Has'nt been entered yet.

Arroyo article:

http://www.drf.com/news/article/43654.html

JustRalph
01-21-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Tomorrow's DRF reports that jockey Norberto Arroyo Jr. has been in jail since Jan. 6 after being convicted of attacking three men with a pool cue on Belmont Stakes day last year. NYRA -- and the Form -- had been reporting him injured (sore shoulder, I believe) for the past two weeks. The truth is finally out.

Wonder what is going on here?

Just like Jason Lumpkins suddenly deciding to ride at MTR because of the big purses? After the meet was over we found out he had cut a deal with W.V authorities to satisfy a DUI warrant that was keeping him from obtaining a drivers license in 46 states, including Ca. He showed up in W.V. and was put on house arrest with "work privileges" and rode at MTR for about 6 mths, satisfying his sentence and returned to Ca as soon as his sentence was up. He rode plenty of winners while there and needless to say the fine he received was an easy make. Sometimes I wonder what else we don't hear about. I could give rats hind end about most of it, but you never know?

WINMANWIN
01-21-2003, 10:45 PM
I remember him. If memory serves me right, He thrives on the inner dirt.I bet him numerous times....lol...... Guess I can say that
for many !:o Now that were watching him, He will be either odds on, and off the board in his next start-s, And when we least expect the Win, Thats MR. Liberty with a convincing closing punch
for the victory !:) How many times, do we get off a steed, Only to see them WIN and beat us in the future ! It happens often to me
But after yrs of paying closer attention, and analyzing more,
They dont get by me, Like they used to !!! ;)

GameTheory
01-21-2003, 10:56 PM
It just occured to me that there are probably programmers at Equibase, DRF, etc. that have access to the "stable mail" database and can probably find out who the most watched horses are at any given time. I wonder how useful that would be...

WINMANWIN
01-21-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by GameTheory
It just occured to me that there are probably programmers at Equibase, DRF, etc. that have access to the "stable mail" database and can probably find out who the most watched horses are at any given time. I wonder how useful that would be...

I used to think the same thing, I would think they may want to view the comments we make in our horse watch, Then just the horses name. But, I'm sure after viewing thousands of watches
They dont pay attention anymore.The novelty and losers have taken there toll.