PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita Opens

Tom
12-25-2007, 06:41 PM
Any thoughts on the card?

MY 2 cents.....it can only get better, because it is sure starting off crappy!
What a lousy card. This is the big meet????:rolleyes:

how cliche
12-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Just so you know Tommy, I'm sick of your negative posts & this is the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm not the only one. The ignore button is on for the grump named Tom. Perhaps it might behoove you to ignore the SA meet as I choose to ignore you. If you don't have anything nice to say...

Everybody, I wish you a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year. :)

kenwoodallpromos
12-25-2007, 09:01 PM
Positives:
Baffert has 4 horses running;
5 races gave an average of 7 JY breds;
2 races have entries bred in at least 5 different countries.
In my pro-rubber opinion some connections are going to give SA a try on a Wednesday!

Indulto
12-25-2007, 09:31 PM

What a lousy card. This is the big meet????:rolleyes:Too tough for your computer, eh Tom? They sure look interesting in the DRF PP's, but I've only browsed races 4-9.

BTW Happy Holidays, you negative poster, you. ;)

Anybody know anything about Turnbolt in the 5th? Carava is dropping the once classy speedball (2nds to both Arson Squad and Bordonero when all were sound) off a claim from Mandella. Has worked twice since being claimed, but Carava's forte is moving a horse up.

Tom
12-25-2007, 09:43 PM
Tom, stay home and feed the cats. Believe me SA will not miss you, or that matter either will we. :jump:

Gee, I'm impressed - 25% of your stupid posts have been about ME. :lol:

Tom
12-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Too tough for your computer, eh Tom? They sure look interesting in the DRF PP's, but I've only browsed races 4-9.

BTW Happy Holidays, you negative poster, you. ;)

I looked at 1-3 :D
Better pour a stiff one before you look at them.

I just poured one myself when I heard how cliches was ignoring me. Whatever will I do without his witty banter??:eek:

JustRalph
12-25-2007, 11:07 PM
I can say one thing...............

Doug O'neill

Doug O'neill

Doug O'neill

Ok, that was three things. I think he is gearing up for this meet. Can anybody post his stats for this meet last year?

I have standard rule in Socal. Doug O'neill at 10-1 or better gets ten bucks on the nose almost no matter what......and to place.....and sometimes much more.

njcurveball
12-25-2007, 11:23 PM
I have standard rule in Socal. Doug O'neill at 10-1 or better gets ten bucks on the nose almost no matter what......and to place.....and sometimes much more.

I have no arguments for people with rules like this. Perception is often the deciding factor.

In case you are interested in the last 365 days

286 starts, 13 wins (4%), ROI of 74 cents for every dollar wagered.

But perhaps you know WHEN to bet and when to pass, that is the key! :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
12-25-2007, 11:52 PM
I have no arguments for people with rules like this. Perception is often the deciding factor.

In case you are interested in the last 365 days

286 starts, 13 wins (4%), ROI of 74 cents for every dollar wagered.

But perhaps you know WHEN to bet and when to pass, that is the key! :ThmbUp:

You're right about knowing when to bet him.........and which rider is up. Although the rider doesn't seem to matter as much as form and improving form more specifically. I think he has won the training title the last 3 years at Santa Anita (Winter/Spring) and seems to gear up for this one. He is 43% in the money.........for the year if my numbers are right. Catching the right one, makes up for a ton of "close ones"

beertapper
12-26-2007, 12:17 AM
i like the horse he's got entered in the 3rd

I can say one thing...............

Doug O'neill

Doug O'neill

Doug O'neill

Ok, that was three things. I think he is gearing up for this meet. Can anybody post his stats for this meet last year?

MAGICHORSEMAN
12-26-2007, 01:13 AM
It will be interesting to see the super high five start, The race has 14 horses. I'll probably pass the first day of the super high five.

Burls
12-26-2007, 01:20 AM

I think you're reading the Delta Downs card again, Tom. ....

PaceAdvantage
12-26-2007, 02:56 AM
Just so you know Tommy, I'm sick of your negative posts & this is the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm not the only one. The ignore button is on for the grump named Tom. Perhaps it might behoove you to ignore the SA meet as I choose to ignore you. If you don't have anything nice to say...

Everybody, I wish you a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year. :)This could have so easily been dealt with via Private Message. Seriously, personal shit like this has no business in this kind of thread....

People have a right to voice negative criticism. As long as the TOS (http://www.paceadvantage.com/TOS_PrivacyStatement.html) of this board are not being violated, nobody should be telling anyone else what they should or shouldn't be posting....if you want to do that, send the person a private message.

BIG RED
12-26-2007, 05:37 AM
I can't agree with you here today Tom, normally I get disappointed with some of the fields they have been throwing out. The 2nd half of the card looks very appealing, betting wise. The Grade 1 has a full field , and should be wide open, which makes me want to be around later. The rest are also large fields and competitive.

(anyone have 1st timer stats on O'Niel?)

Marshall Bennett
12-26-2007, 10:47 AM
This could have so easily been dealt with via Private Message. Seriously, personal shit like this has no business in this kind of thread....

People have a right to voice negative criticism. As long as the TOS (http://www.paceadvantage.com/TOS_PrivacyStatement.html) of this board are not being violated, nobody should be telling anyone else what they should or shouldn't be posting....if you want to do that, send the person a private message.
I've noticed myself in the short time I've been here that many of the post are simply folks pouncing on others for what they've posted . On occasion I've replied with a difference of opinion , I see no need in this forum to attack anyone . Its easier to ignore than ignite !!

zerosky
12-26-2007, 01:10 PM

Just finished capping' the Malibu...

Got it down to Les Grande Trois (the Frankel/Bejarano mount) and
E Z Warrior (Baffert/Smith)

Both been working up a storm but Just prefer the Frankel pony....

rgds

zerosky

how cliche
12-26-2007, 01:18 PM
This could have so easily been dealt with via Private Message. Seriously, personal shit like this has no business in this kind of thread....

You're right PA. I was wrong. Even a pm is too much. I should've just silently and anonymously hit the button. What I did was classless. I recognize the error of my ways. I appologize.

skate
12-26-2007, 03:23 PM
as long as they keep those cards full, im happy.

HP seemed to shorten their fields, not happy.

soft tracks should make for better (bigger) fields.

Indulto
12-26-2007, 03:36 PM
I've noticed myself in the short time I've been here that many of the post are simply folks pouncing on others for what they've posted . On occasion I've replied with a difference of opinion , I see no need in this forum to attack anyone . Its easier to ignore than ignite !!No it isn't. I find it harder to ignore your indirect pounce on pouncers, generally.

Any variety of pouncer had better be prepared to beome a pouncee. ;)

HUSKER55
12-26-2007, 04:37 PM
My picks are Les Grands Trois and EZ Warrior but my day is not as perfect as I would like. However, thanks to my brilliant handicapping ability and a couple of double shots of my good buddy Jimmy Beam at my local OTB facility, (off track bar), I am still ahead of the game today. Hope the rest of you are as well.

Happy Holidays :)

keilan
12-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Great p4 possibilities -- after playing Haw this card is like breeders cup day :lol:

kenwoodallpromos
12-26-2007, 08:06 PM
"6th Race - Santa Anita Park - Wednesday, December 26th, 2007
6 1/2F About, Turf.
Fractions: :221, :442, 1:073, 1:14"

Just like old times- turf times are faster than dirt/rubber!
"dirt" runners only hit 1:08 twice at the 6f mark!!LOL!!

InsideThePylons-MW
12-26-2007, 08:20 PM
"6th Race - Santa Anita Park - Wednesday, December 26th, 2007
6 1/2F About, Turf.
Fractions: :221, :442, 1:073, 1:14"

Just like old times- turf times are faster than dirt/rubber!
"dirt" runners only hit 1:08 twice at the 6f mark!!LOL!!

Contrary to popular belief, times are usually faster when you are running down a hill than on level ground.

1GCFAN
12-26-2007, 09:33 PM
:mad: The times were extremely fast today. Bloodhorse said the track played fairly but I didn't think so. Some horses didn't like it. I bet the last three races and finally cashed a $2 (8&4) exacta in the final. I thought the 4 was dead in the water when passed in mid-stretch but he hung on easily in a race that went in 1:08 and change for 25K claiming.

Robert Fischer
12-26-2007, 09:45 PM
:mad: The times were extremely fast today. Bloodhorse said the track played fairly but I didn't think so. Some horses didn't like it. I bet the last three races and finally cashed a $2 (8&4) exacta in the final. I thought the 4 was dead in the water when passed in mid-stretch but he hung on easily in a race that went in 1:08 and change for 25K claiming.

Yea the track was a complete joke. I managed to hit the Malibu, but it wasn't that I thought Eves was the best, I just watched the 2nd race (7f stakes) and recognized how biased the track was. Eves or Warrior figured to wire the field on that ultra fast non-tiring(whats the opposite of tiring in racing terms anyway?) track. It was nice to win but it felt like I was watching a baseball game with aluminum bats and astroturf. Not a good look.

bigmack
12-26-2007, 09:52 PM
After today my current plans are to remove any entrant from a win wager I figure not to be within 3, better yet 2, of the lead at any point in the race.

InsideThePylons-MW
12-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Baffert has called Zayat 30 times in the last 3 hours begging him to bring his speed horses back.

bigmack
12-26-2007, 10:13 PM
Harper @ DMTC is calling the Poly reps asking for a refund in want of cushion.

kingfin66
12-27-2007, 12:51 AM

Everybody, I wish you a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year. :)

I know this has already been addressed by PA and that how cliche apologized, but I wanted to chime in anyway. Tom has a long history of being extremely helpful to many people on the board. Sometimes his posts may have a strong tone, but they are more likely born of frustration at this great game than out of negativity. Tom is opinionated, but no more than the majority of horseplayers.

kenwoodallpromos
12-27-2007, 11:53 AM
Baffert has called Zayat 30 times in the last 3 hours begging him to bring his speed horses back.
Why do you think he had 4 running? He saw Hol's speed and sent them back!
"Santa Anita Park announced July 23 that Richard Tedesco has been hired as track maintenance superintendent.

Santa Anita’s main track is currently in the midst of a $10 million renovation project which will result in a new synthetic CushionTrack surface.

Tedesco brings 43 years of racing industry experience in planning, layout, and maintenance of 44 racetracks and training centers. His experience includes serving as track and turf superintendent at Hollywood Park and ****track superintendent at Los Alamitos."LOL!!

sevenall
12-27-2007, 04:17 PM

I'll play along Tom. What makes the card so "lousy"?

JustRalph
12-27-2007, 04:44 PM
wasn't lousy to me........ I made some money, that in itself is a good card for me :lol:

surfdog89
12-27-2007, 05:20 PM
All and All I had a good day.......... I played the Del Mar contest and place 100 dollars on 8 to place returning 1300 and first place in the contest. I did not think the card was lousy....... hit a nice pick three with UBET:cool:

pandy
12-27-2007, 05:45 PM
I thought the opening day card was a quite good, stakes races, quality 2yo maiden race, good turf races. The only meet that can challenge Santa Anita this time of the year is Gulfstream. Personally, Del Mar is my favorite meet, but the Santa Anita winter meet is my 2nd favorite, in terms of good races to bet on.

skate
12-27-2007, 06:28 PM
I know this has already been addressed by PA and that how cliche apologized, but I wanted to chime in anyway. Tom has a long history of being extremely helpful to many people on the board. Sometimes his posts may have a strong tone, but they are more likely born of frustration at this great game than out of negativity. Tom is opinionated, but no more than the majority of horseplayers.

Tom reminds me of a Good Looking Chick, cause i always seem to understand his point.:cool:

Greyfox
12-27-2007, 06:44 PM
Starting this week, Santa Anita's website has a SHOWVIVOR CONTEST.
Beat me to win. :lol:

Buckeye
01-16-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm ranked 11th as of today, 1/16/08, are you still in?

I was ranked #1 over the weekend.

Has Mexico destroyed us yet? Just kidding (about the Mexico part).

Buckeye
01-16-2008, 07:01 PM
The correct strategy to win these contests is to go "against the flow" at the right time.

Sounds simple enough but timing is important.

in my opinion it's too early to do that. Wait until you can "see the whites of their eyes" (less than 25 people still alive).

Buckeye
01-16-2008, 08:32 PM
I'll take Homemade Brew #7 race 3 Santa Anita tomorrow as my pick--

because again, I'm not trying to win this thing yet. I'm only trying to "survive"

:)

By the way, winning at this or any other similar pursuit requires luck more than anything else so here's hoping I can keep being lucky rather than good.

Buckeye
01-16-2008, 08:51 PM
why is luck important?

Don't ask that question if you are reading this. How much luck do you think you've had to do that?

I say plenty, but Let's start with your Mother and Father and go from there WAY back to the caveman days and whoever produced you.

And please :) Mexico has little or NOTHING to do with the survival or not of the USA. Completely out of the equation. I will win this thing and make my point about Mexico NOT being the cause of anyone's demise so sue me. What put the USA on top and what could keep it on top has NOTHING to do with the Mexicans or our imigration exclusion policies. Time to do a little bit of thinking people.

Buckeye
01-16-2008, 08:56 PM
two issues:

luck determines alot.

Mexico can't defeat us.

Take your pick.

The defense rests.

Lighten up people because it will help you. My best advice.

DanG
01-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Has Mexico destroyed us yet?
Mexico can't defeat us.
And please Mexico has little or NOTHING to do with the survival or not of the USA.
I will win this thing and make my point about Mexico NOT being the cause of anyone's demise so sue me.
What put the USA on top and what could keep it on top has NOTHING to do with the Mexicans or our imigration exclusion policies.
http://www.treksf.com/podcast/outerlimits1.jpg

kitts
01-17-2008, 01:48 PM
You go right ahead, Tom. You are the most entertaining of the grumps. I'd rather hear your objections than doctoral degree numbers rambles.

Buckeye
01-17-2008, 05:49 PM
by COMPLETE luck I'm still alive in the Survivor Contest.

Thank you (whoever you are) who made #9 da betting favorite (at the last flash) Santa Anita race 3.

Good show Dan. On of my favorites. You are now entering . . . or have entered--

The outer limits where who lives?

That's right. I've kindof been forced here but I'll do it. Wish I could be more conventional.

I'm going down? Maybe but not until at least tomorrow.

DanG
01-17-2008, 06:03 PM
That's right. I've kindof been forced here but I'll do it. Wish I could be more conventional.

I'm going down? Maybe but not until at least tomorrow.
Stay well Buckeye, Vic…

It’s all in fun and were pulling for you!

BOL in the contest.