PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Teach
12-25-2007, 07:53 AM
Good morning. Happy Holidays: Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year. My handle is Teach. My friends call me WDL (my initials).

For this coming year I've made several New Year's resolutions: lose weight,
get more exercise (instead of just walking up to the windows), be more self-disciplined and finally -- open my own harness racing website. Well, I'm about to work on the first three, but I've recently accomplished the last.

Yes, the other day, I contracted with a company that sells web domains and opened my own work-in-progress, harness racing website: www.harnessmaven.com (http://www.harnessmaven.com). It's just up and running and is still a work-in-progress. I found a piece of clip art of Cat Manzi and threw that up as a masthead.

My primary goal is three-fold: handicap races, relate harness racing stories and offer some thoughts on what I believe it takes to win at the races.

My primary interest is handicapping the 1/2 miles ovals: Freehold and Monticello. In fact, I currently have my Freehold selections up on my website for Freehold's Wed., Dec. 26 card. Take a look.

My experience is lengthy. I watched and wagered on my first harness race
nearly 50 years ago (I have a story on the second page of my website that talks about that experience). I'm a former harness racing publicist and backup track announcer. I also handicapped the track's tip sheet.

Teach

Sea Biscuit
12-27-2007, 03:20 AM
Teach: Welcome to PA.

I read your post about handicapping harness races which I thought was interesting and very informative.

Did'nt see your picks for Freehold for Dec 26, however on your website.

Your website is missing one thing.

Past picks archive.

boomman
12-27-2007, 05:09 PM
Always nice to welcome in new members! Glad to have you with us teach!:)

Boomer