PDA

View Full Version : Comcast Cable - "It's Contemptuous!"

BombsAway Bob
12-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Bend Over: Our Annual Comcast Cable Fleecing On Way!
Category: News and Politics (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.viewCategory&FriendID=88670957&BlogCategoryID=17)

"Comcast Annual Christmas Rate Hike- It's Contemptuous!"
New Year, New Rate Hike! Comcast has abused customers for YEARS. The annual bump in our bill with NO improvement in channel variety is a disgrace! Other Businesses would salivate at the notion of jacking up prices 3% every year for no reason but greed!
There should be a FEDERAL INVESTIGATION why Comcast FORCES you to pay from $7.50 to $10 A MONTH IN RENTAL FEES for every Digital & Hi-Def CABLE BOX! That's AN EXTRA $90 to $120 EVERY YEAR in RENTAL FEES (PER TV) to view shows you're already paying $45-$75 a month for! And don't forget the "REMOTE CONTROL" RENTAL FEE (on every box, every month!) I've had 2 boxes for 4 years now; that's $720 just in RENTAL FEES!?!? Even "RENT-To-Own" Companies eventually end the fleecing of their customers after 48 to 60 months! Why can't I BUY MY COMCAST Cable Box OUTRIGHT instead of this LIFETIME RENTAL price-gouging?
Anther recent bad Comcast Cable decision: moving GSN (Game Show Network) from channel 68(-basic cable) to digital channel 267. Channel 68 was nothing more than 12hrs. of Revenue-making Paid infomercials(though Comcast often pre-empted GSN shows at Peak-hours like 5:30pm or 7:00pm for cosmetic surgery ads,)& 12 hours of GSN. GSN was a welcome respite for many senior TV viewers, watching old game shows like "Match Game", "Password", or "Who Wants to be a Millionaire". It's familiar, enjoyable, clean programming hard to fine on current TV. Now people on fixed incomes that want to watch GSN are forced to pony up for digital cable to view it! Shame. GSN is a classic example of a "basic-tier" cable channel, with low operating costs & rerun programming. How Comcast Justifies putting it in a higher-level cable package? GREED, as Usual!

Sincerely, Bob Grant, Fitchburg,MA ( Comcast TV & internet customer)
www.myspace.com/bobgrant3 (http://www.myspace.com/bobgrant3)

PaceAdvantage
12-24-2007, 04:14 PM
I have to tell you that your choice of font and font size makes your posts difficult to read at times....so much so, I sometimes end up ignoring what you've written because it's just too much of a hassle to read....

BombsAway Bob
12-24-2007, 04:34 PM
I have to tell you that your choice of font and font size makes your posts difficult to read at times....so much so, I sometimes end up ignoring what you've written because it's just too much of a hassle to read....
please enlighten me:confused: ..is it color, size, font..is your "view"-text size set to medium? I guess that WOULD make things LARGE..many of my posts are blogs I've E-mailed, so maybe that's the crux of the biscuit..I'll post on size "1" whenever possible here on out. Sorry for the problem. Happy Holiday,Peace-Bob:kiss:

PaceAdvantage
12-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Actually, size "2" is the standard....thanks!

JustRalph
12-24-2007, 05:01 PM

Ditto!!

Mag
12-24-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm sticking with Dish, at least until DirecTV offers HRTV.

bigmack
12-24-2007, 07:33 PM
All I know is the lastime folk with Comcast posted some of their internet speeds I've disliked them ever since. Ok, PA, maybe it's more like, resentment. :rolleyes:

What's that speed again?
http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

samyn on the green
12-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Horse racing fans should order dish network. If you can not figure this out or have some valid excuse why you can not mount a dish on your residence you are most likely too stupid to win at this game anyway. $35 a month and you get both TVG/HRTV with the basic package the biggest no-brainer in racing.

P.S. That big multi colored font is unreadable, it is time to lose it.

BombsAway Bob
12-24-2007, 11:35 PM
Horse racing fans should order dish network. If you can not figure this out or have some valid excuse why you can not mount a dish on your residence you are most likely too stupid to win at this game anyway. $35 a month and you get both TVG/HRTV with the basic package the biggest no-brainer in racing.

P.S. That big multi colored font is unreadable, it is time to lose it.
..so if I have a valid excuse (like somewhere that does not allow dishes) I am most likely too stupid to win at this game anyway. Riiight, Merry X-Mas. Bob

samyn on the green
12-25-2007, 01:48 AM
..so if I have a valid excuse (like somewhere that does not allow dishes) I am most likely too stupid to win at this game anyway. Riiight, Merry X-Mas. BobIf you have a valid excuse about living in a building that restricts satellites you are OK. It is those that had a choice between Dish and cable that still choose the more expensive cable with no horse channels that are clearly the poor decision makers.

PS The TVG guys talk about you all the time, you are their most prolific e-mailer.

PaceAdvantage
12-25-2007, 04:06 AM
All I know is the lastime folk with Comcast posted some of their internet speeds I've disliked them ever since. Ok, PA, maybe it's more like, resentment. :rolleyes:

What's that speed again?
http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

Here's my latest using the NYC test server (which is right next door, basically...lol) I'm on Optimum Online, not comcast....

Last Result:
Download Speed: 14822 kbps (1852.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1374 kbps (171.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Dave Schwartz
12-25-2007, 10:18 AM
PA,

Geez... What do you pay for that? Like $40 per month?

And my full-T1 is a paltry 1.5 for hundreds! :blush:

Dave

bigmack
12-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Last Result:
Download Speed: 14822 kbps (1852.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1374 kbps (171.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Holy bandwidth!

My envy has moved to a variety pack of conspue, detest, abominate, abhore & despisement.

May all your selections be filled with chalk. :bang:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/cover.jpg

skate
12-26-2007, 04:34 PM

Boy oh boy, that is a mouthful, i just wish i'd said it firstist.

not just this post, but a few others should take note. somehow i get the feeling "The length of the post" if loooonnnng or LOUD enough =victory.:eek: