PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Tracks agree on similcast dates...

1GCFAN
12-23-2007, 10:40 PM
http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=42846

Ugh.. Not good news for most of us off track bettors will be shut out of BEU for the prime summer months. BEU has the superior simulcast facility.

I used to work at Scioto Downs and they came to the simulcast table very late and ill prepared. The split days they talk about in the article wasn't a big thing as BEU stayed opened until the Cal track finished and unless you liked harness there was no reason to get in the car and travel to Scioto.

No doubt both are struggling and I would not be surprised if Mountaineer Gaming found a way to rid itself of the Scioto once advertised as Ohio's Showplace of Racing. They have been losing $4-5M per year since they bought it a few years back.

It all very sad as the live racing product at Ohio tracks is at rock bottom and it is politically correct to blame everything on greedy track owners.

Even worse is that in 10 years Ohio may not have anything left but County Fair Harness Racing.:(

whyhorseofcourse
12-24-2007, 07:02 AM
Northfield and thistledown do the same thing.
Northfield opens at 3PM on live racing days, and thistledown closes between 5 and 6 when northfield runs live.
Northfield opens at noon on non live racing days but they do not simulcast Thistledown when it runs. But BEU is listed as a feature track. :faint:
Somethings I will never get. :bang:

1GCFAN
12-25-2007, 10:36 PM
I think the difference is Northfield and Thistle will both be open for some sort of simulcasting all year. SD and BEU will be shuttered when the the other is open for live racing.