PDA

View Full Version : Why Can't YouBet Get It's Pool Totals Correct?

MakinItHappen
12-22-2007, 11:17 AM
Has anyone else ever noticed this. If you look at any of their pools (win, place or show), the horse by horse detail NEVER adds up to the total they are showing for the pool.

This is not a major deal, but it is just a little sloppy and annoying. Is there possibly any good reason for this?

I also use Xpressbet and their pool data always balances (give or take a dollar or so).

OK, I feel better now that I got that off my chest...:lol:

Best of Luck Today Everyone!

MakinItHappen

Jens
12-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Judging by your post I would say that you are lucky. I called about the odds displaying not being correct and was told I must have a virus in my computer. It doesn't always happen (but often enough), but there are times when the odds grid shows the favorite at something like 4-1 with the other horses much higher, while at the same time the video feed shows the favorite at say 2-1 with all the others much lower than the youbet grid shows. It looks to me like my computer(?) is dividing an earlier individual horse pool total by a later total pool total to get its odds. I've adjusted by always checking the video feed for odds any time I have a play that is even slightly borderline on my odds requirements. Must be that virus in my computer screwing things up. At least your computer shows the correct odds- or does it?

Jens
12-22-2007, 11:42 AM
I forgot to mention that AFTER the race is over and the pool totals are final the youbet win odds grid does show the correct odds. :bang:

MakinItHappen
12-22-2007, 12:15 PM
Judging by your post I would say that you are lucky. I called about the odds displaying not being correct and was told I must have a virus in my computer. It doesn't always happen (but often enough), but there are times when the odds grid shows the favorite at something like 4-1 with the other horses much higher, while at the same time the video feed shows the favorite at say 2-1 with all the others much lower than the youbet grid shows. It looks to me like my computer(?) is dividing an earlier individual horse pool total by a later total pool total to get its odds. I've adjusted by always checking the video feed for odds any time I have a play that is even slightly borderline on my odds requirements. Must be that virus in my computer screwing things up. At least your computer shows the correct odds- or does it?

Thanks for the response Jens! Well, I really didn't think I was "lucky" :lol: but perhaps relatively speaking. :lol: I switched computers a few months back and if it is a virus, I guess they both have it! I really doubt that this is the answer, but could some others check this out and respond please? Just look at the win pool on Youbet for any race, any track and add up the win pool dollars by horse and see if it totals to the pool total displayed in red right above the grid of the horse by horse win $ detail.

I believe the odds displayed on Youbet are typically correct, but on occassion I do notice the odds go wacko for whatever reason but typically correct within a short period of time. One other point, because the video is on delay, the Youbet odds are sometimes "one click" ahead of the track video. I have reviewed some sequential screenprints from past races and found this to be the case.

I also compared Xpressbet, Youbet and track video odds and after allowing for video lag they were in agreement accept in a couple instances the track video showed incremental pool totals never reflected on Youbet or Xpressbet for whatever reason. They seemed to be more frequent than the normal every 1 minute updates displayed by the ADW's.

One other interesting observation was that after 20-1, I noticed that Xpressbet odds move in increments of 5 up to 50-1, then increments of 10 thereafter. The track video feed (Tampa in this case) seemed to be following a similar approach yet Youbet calculates the odds to the whole number all the way up to 99. I prefer that actually.

Thanks for the comments Jens and Best of Luck Everyone!

MakinItHappen

098poi
12-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Looking at Calder on Youbet and useing my calculator it seems like the pool total is pre takeout and the amounts wagered on each horse are post takeout. That's the best I can come up with.

MakinItHappen
12-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Looking at Calder on Youbet and useing my calculator it seems like the pool total is pre takeout and the amounts wagered on each horse are post takeout. That's the best I can come up with.

That seems like a plausable answer. Without actually do the calcs myself it seems to be generally in line with what I have been noticing. Thank You!

BUT, Why in The Hell would they show Wager Pool detail by horse after takeout? :confused: Just seems kind of goofy to me!

Thanks 098poi and Best of Luck To Everyone Today!

MakinItHappen

stuball
12-22-2007, 12:31 PM
I just fired them for the second and last time.....Aqu prices would show up
for first few races and then nothing....I called and was told we will check into it.
I said you have to do more than check into it ...FIX IT.....

video sucks compared to others.....I said "Your fired"...send me my money...

Stuball :mad:

Jens
12-22-2007, 01:15 PM
Stuball,

You must have the same "virus" that I have. Prices not even showing up was another thing I asked them about. Was told "virus". Turns out I remedied the cause for this by using internet explorer. I had been using firefox.

PaceAdvantage
12-23-2007, 06:28 PM
Why in the world would they tell you it's a virus? That's pretty damn irresponsible if you ask me....

People have been known to do some pretty drastic (and unnecessary) things to their PCs when informed they have a virus....YouBet ought to stop saying this sort of thing....

Celent
12-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Turns out I remedied the cause for this by using internet explorer. I had been using firefox.

I have that exact same problem when I use firefox. No payoffs unless I go back to explorer. Virus my ....

Mike