PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain how this forum is cloned

rcknhrse
12-18-2007, 02:16 PM
onto another websites page
http://www.racingtrades.com/UseBB/forum.php?id=5

MakinItHappen
12-18-2007, 02:31 PM
Wow, that is pretty wild. Our posts are "recycled" with random usernames assigned... crazy man.... :lol:

Best of Luck Today, Everyone!

MakinItHappen

BillW
12-18-2007, 02:35 PM

Not me.

GameTheory
12-18-2007, 02:45 PM
They are trying to make their site look like people use it. I suggest everyone send them a piece of your mind, and remind them that what they are doing is illegal.

ryesteve
12-18-2007, 02:48 PM
I think PA should adopt this concept of random usernames... that way it'd be harder to hold a grudge :D

PaceAdvantage
12-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Hmmm....let me try something....

Show Me the Wire
12-18-2007, 02:56 PM
What no off-topic section clone!!!!!

PaceAdvantage
12-18-2007, 02:57 PM
Let's see if that worked....might take a while....

Thanks for the heads up!

098poi
12-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Very pathetic to say the least. What scum buckets!!!!!!!!!!!

sally
12-18-2007, 03:16 PM
That's a little spooky-- and what's the point??

MakinItHappen
12-18-2007, 03:21 PM
I think PA should adopt this concept of random usernames... that way it'd be harder to hold a grudge :D

Now that is a hilarious concept! What would this lead to? Posters arguing with themselves and telling themselves that their picks sucked! :lol: :lol:

Best of Luck Today Everyone!

MakinItHappen

rcknhrse
12-18-2007, 03:36 PM
I found that when i started looking for another site that whobet posted on.not that i use whobets picks ,it was just a reaction to whobets sudden departure and an exercise for me to find something on the web

BillW
12-18-2007, 03:38 PM
I found that when i started looking for another site that whobet posted on.not that i use whobets picks ,it was just a reaction to whobets sudden departure and an exercise for me to find something on the web

So, has whobet departed 2 forums? :lol:

Tom
12-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Yes, and after doubling his number of wins, too! :lol:

Fastracehorse
12-18-2007, 03:44 PM

Somebody has deleted the poster's signature and user name from their script.

fffastt

kenwoodallpromos
12-18-2007, 04:26 PM
They are controlled by this Govt agency- "http://www.hblb.org.uk/:.

kingfin66
12-18-2007, 08:05 PM
It is common for websites or all types to be "scraped" for their content. For sites to be found they need keyword matches. Scraping content from other sites gives them key words and content. It sucks that it happens, but it is very common, and near impossible to do anything about. One thing that I do to check for this occurrence is to run a section of text from one of my websites through Google and see what matches.

Hajck Hillstrom
12-19-2007, 01:54 AM
It is common for websites or all types to be "scraped" for their content. For sites to be found they need keyword matches. Scraping content from other sites gives them key words and content. It sucks that it happens, but it is very common, and near impossible to do anything about. One thing that I do to check for this occurrence is to run a section of text from one of my websites through Google and see what matches.....and all along, I thought you were just a pretty face. ;)

whobet
01-09-2008, 09:29 PM

That is exactly how I found it,

I reg'ed my new page at GOOGLE and YAHOO,

and have been checking to see if they have added me, yet,

Nope, my friend says it takes 6 months, what's up with that,

he said you could pay, and you would get better service from the search engines.

Whobet's too cheap, LOL

Jeff P
01-10-2008, 02:03 AM
Whobet... If you are serious about getting your site seen there are search engine optimization stratagies you can use to make your site visible to search engines. It really has nothing to do with whether or not you pay for a listing. The key to getting listed quickly and getting top placement for the keywords you want has everything to do with the content of your title and meta tags and having that content be prevelant throughout your pages. For example, if you want people to find you quickly when they google "WHOBET" then you want "WHOBET" and nothing else in your title tag... like this:

<title>WHOBET</title>

Once your site is up and running, provided you have what is known as a top level domain, Google will "spider" it... usually within a couple of days. After they do that you WILL come up in a Google search for "WHOBET" provided your site scores well vs other sites having "WHOBET" (or whatever keywords you are targeting) as part of the site content.

If you Google "JCapper" you'll find that my site shows up first. It wasn't always that way. When I first created it, even though my domain name was JCapper.com Google had me on about page 7 of their results. I used a search engine optimization program named Search Engine Gold. After using it to load in my home page it prompted me for specific keywords that I wanted. Then it scored my page and made recommendations about how to improve my score via my title and meta tags, along with different ways of displaying my keywords on my pages to make them more noticeable to Google's "spiders." After implementing the recommended changes I re-ran my pages through it and it told me my pages scored pretty well. After uploading my revised pages to my server Google spidered me... and within a week I had the number one ranking for my keywords - and it's been that way ever since.

In my case it was time and money VERY well spent.

BTW...

I just scanned through a Google search for the phrase "JCapper pace" and found a thread on the cloned site:
http://racingtrades.com/UseBB/topic.php?id=92

Apparently my new name is Philip. And apparently someone there is manually editing the content... because the scraped/stolen version of their content failed to pick up the [php code] tags that I wrapped around my data in the PA thread when I posted it. A human being at the pirated site has me posting an apology for the data not lining up... something I DIDN'T post here at PA.

-jp

JustRalph
01-10-2008, 03:44 AM
apparently you have 45 posts over there "Phillip"

http://racingtrades.com/UseBB/search.php?act=results