PDA

View Full Version : Past performances??

whyhorseofcourse
12-17-2007, 11:20 PM
I just downloaded Past perfomances from DRF. How the heck do you save them as a .drf file instead of a .pdf file?? I am trying to upload it some software but it just does not want to work.

Zaf
12-17-2007, 11:30 PM
What software ? I doubt the .pdf file will work in any software application.

Z

whyhorseofcourse
12-17-2007, 11:31 PM
Trying to use Jcapper.
I can view the PP.
When I try to save it, it will only save as PDF.
What the heck am I doing wrong

SAL
12-17-2007, 11:35 PM
I think you need to download DRF files from BRIS.

There are not any datafiles available from DRF that will work in JCapper.

whyhorseofcourse
12-17-2007, 11:36 PM
Thanks I will try that.
Glad I just wasted some money on the drf ones. :rolleyes:

Jeff P
12-17-2007, 11:56 PM
I just downloaded Past perfomances from DRF. How the heck do you save them as a .drf file instead of a .pdf file?? I am trying to upload it some software but it just does not want to work.
andTrying to use Jcapper.
I can view the PP.
When I try to save it, it will only save as PDF.
What the heck am I doing wrong

I'm going to make an educated guess that you are using the demo version for the very first time. The demo version will not let you generate same day race reports for live play. You CAN load JCapper .DAT files (which are created when you build a database after downloading matching .DRF Single Format Data Files and XRD Results Files from Bris.) After loading one or more JCapper .DAT files you can generate race reports for prior days.

I strongly suggest giving the Help Docs a read - specifically the Demo User Quick Start Guide - before doing ANYTHING with the demo version.
http://www.jcapper.com/helpdocs/JCapper_HelpIndex.html

After reading the Help Docs, if you have questions or comments feel free to email or PM me and I'll get you pointed in the right direction.

-jp

whyhorseofcourse
12-18-2007, 12:05 AM
Thanks!
the sad thing is I am computer smart.
but this just hurts my head.
Its good to see you are a member here.
If I can figure this out on demo mode I may gave your program a try. :)

Lefty
12-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Prob is you dl'd from DRF. You need to dl from Bris or TSN to work in JCapper.
I know of no prog that takes the files that come directly from The Daily Racing Form. They have something called Formulator but that's all i know about.

cj
12-18-2007, 11:45 AM
My program uses Formulator files. You can export them from the program to get a comma delimited version similar to the other vendors. It also uses the BRIS/TSN family of files.

Lefty
12-18-2007, 12:27 PM
CJ, I didn't know that. Thanks for the update.

Tom
12-18-2007, 12:42 PM
It is kind of nuts for BRIS to call the "DRF" files. :bang:

takeout
12-18-2007, 08:41 PM
It is kind of nuts for BRIS to call the "DRF" files. :bang:
Don’t get me started. :rolleyes: :confused:

I’m still trying to understand why that very “strange” arrangement is still being allowed to continue. If any other reseller were selling to another reseller, Equibase would probably be all over them. But not good old DRF. They can somehow have their cake and eat it too.

PS: It is a DRF file. I still notice the occasional difference in trainer names between the BRIS and TSN files.