PDA

View Full Version : Fair Grounds Sunday Jan. 19

Show Me the Wire
01-19-2003, 02:46 AM
Race 1 Fair Grounds Jan. 19, 2003

Even after my diatribe I am analyzing a race for Fair Grounds. Seems it is a two horse race the #1 Jolly Fraser and #4 My Lee Lee. I prefer My Lee Lee.

Both fit the condition of state restricted clm 7.5Knw3L.

First the positives:

Jolly Fraser second race after a layoff. The connections raised her above the last race tag and put her in open company for her first race back.. Today they are keeping the tag the same, but actually are dropping in conditions because of the move to State bred ranks. Gives the appearance of conditioning the animal and after a decent race it seems they are going for all today.

Now the negatives:

After the decent race on Nov 14, she had three decent works with the last on Dec 13. Suddenly they stop on the horse and the next work is a bullet about 30 days later on Jan 3, just three days before her return race. Remember her prior works showed good speed and now she has a current bullet. In her last race she failed to show the speed evidenced by the works and she was well beaten. She lost about 4 lengths to the winner from the 1/8 pole to the finish. Yes, she finished second but she passed a tired horse that engaged in a three-way duel for the lead with the winner. Most distressing was she made a winning type move on the turn and couldn’t come close to the winner, even after the winner dueled with the eventual third place finisher.

Also, every time she lost about 4 lengths she was given time off. No such luxury this time. Looks like the connections tried to win last time knowing the horse had some new or recurring physical problems surface after the Nov. 14 race.

Additionally, the bug boy is riding this horse and I am not really impressed with his ability. I think the connections are giving up more than they are getting for the 5lb allowance.

Positives:

My Lee Lee has all the positives. Decent works between her Dec. 6th race through today’s race. It is her. 3rd race after a layoff and she is making a double drop in class. Her tag is being cut as well as dropping into state bred company. As a bonus for you pace guys she seems to be the only one today that can make a 46.7 half and still be standing at the finish. The possible other horse with that talent is Jolly Fraser, but I do not expect her to show that type of ability today.

Negatives:

None

This posting is done as an intellectual exercise and comments are not expected.

keilan
01-19-2003, 11:47 AM
-- I remember a time I wrote comments on each horse in the race, what this ensured was that I never passed any horse to quickly. The longer priced horses generally only have a couple of positives, the key is to recognize them before they run.

Similar to you, I hi-lighted the positives/negatives. Enjoyed the read.