PDA

View Full Version : Super High 5 - Newest Exotic Wager

Wright Stuff
12-17-2007, 06:23 PM
SANTA ANITA TO OFFER “SUPER HIGH FIVE” WAGER

ARCADIA, Calif. (Dec. 14, 2007)—Santa Anita Park, which will open for its 71st winter/spring season on Dec. 26, will offer fans a potential life-changing payoff each racing day with its all-new $1 Super High Five exotic wager.

The Super High Five will be offered on the last race each day and will require fans to select the first five finishers in their exact finish order. It is expected that the Super High Five will generate some huge payoffs, as there is a high degree of difficulty involved and there is a carryover component to the wager. If no one correctly tabs the first five finishers, the entire Super High Five pool will be carried over to the next racing day. There will be no consolation payoffs.

With the implementation of the Super High Five, there will be no Superfecta offered on the last race each day.

Santa Anita will operate this coming season with a Thursday through Monday regular work week. First post time on opening day is 12 noon.

njcurveball
12-17-2007, 06:31 PM
Nothing attracts the betting dollar more than a bet NO ONE gets paid on.

One of the biggest attractions of betting Supers at tracks with the $1 minimum is the chance to cash a ticket when you have the right longshots and no one has the 4th place horse. On rare occasions, they pay it like an exacta and recently at Charles Town, all you needed was the winner to cash.

Now they will allow people to select the first four finishers correct and still get zilch! OUCH!

Doesn't sound like a winner to me with this format. You need people betting it every day to create a large carryover. Most will stop after a month or so of getting nothing back for their money.

Wright Stuff
12-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Nothing attracts the betting dollar more than a bet NO ONE gets paid on.

One of the biggest attractions of betting Supers at tracks with the $1 minimum is the chance to cash a ticket when you have the right longshots and no one has the 4th place horse. On rare occasions, they pay it like an exacta and recently at Charles Town, all you needed was the winner to cash.

Now they will allow people to select the first four finishers correct and still get zilch! OUCH!

Doesn't sound like a winner to me with this format. You need people betting it every day to create a large carryover. Most will stop after a month or so of getting nothing back for their money.

At Hollwood Park the last race superfecta pool has roughly averaged $180,000/day. It will be interesting to see how the replacement bet is welcomed by the bettors. My theory is that they are after the "lotto" players who don't bet horses but will chase a jackpot.

boomman
12-17-2007, 06:47 PM

ARCADIA, Calif. (Dec. 14, 2007)—Santa Anita Park, which will open for its 71st winter/spring season on Dec. 26, will offer fans a potential life-changing payoff each racing day with its all-new $1 Super High Five exotic wager.

The Super High Five will be offered on the last race each day and will require fans to select the first five finishers in their exact finish order. It is expected that the Super High Five will generate some huge payoffs, as there is a high degree of difficulty involved and there is a carryover component to the wager. If no one correctly tabs the first five finishers, the entire Super High Five pool will be carried over to the next racing day. There will be no consolation payoffs.

With the implementation of the Super High Five, there will be no Superfecta offered on the last race each day.

Santa Anita will operate this coming season with a Thursday through Monday regular work week. First post time on opening day is 12 noon.

IMHO this is very simple: If they allow dime wagering on it, it will work.....If they don't, it won't:confused:

Boomer

Wright Stuff
12-17-2007, 06:53 PM
IMHO this is very simple: If they allow dime wagering on it, it will work.....If they don't, it won't:confused:

Boomer

Interesting observation. It starts as a $1 bet but time, acceptance and handle will determine success/failure or a reduction to a dime super high 5.

Zman179
12-17-2007, 07:42 PM
The super high five gets my middle finger.

Wright Stuff
12-17-2007, 07:51 PM
The super high five gets my middle finger.

That's 20% of your hand. That's a high takeout.

sammy the sage
12-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Look's like the 'Jocks' just got a raise!

I mean after all...the last race is always a maiden...and the betting public is the last to KNOW...

If they did it on Graded stakes races...I would love it....

But there's going to be 'SOMETHING ROTTEN IN DENMARK' too many times to make this a viable play!

Southieboy
12-17-2007, 08:16 PM
Look's like the 'Jocks' just got a raise!

I mean after all...the last race is always a maiden...and the betting public is the last to KNOW...

If they did it on Graded stakes races...I would love it....

But there's going to be 'SOMETHING ROTTEN IN DENMARK' too many times to make this a viable play!

Race fixing?

BlueShoe
12-17-2007, 08:47 PM
If the bet is a dime like supers then this bet could be fun.If a buck,then the ticket cost could get very pricey in order to cover the logical runners.Since in SoCal the last race is very often a bottom level Cal bred maiden claiming event with a full field of 12-16 runners,there might not be such a thing as logical runners.Perhaps the best way to play this thing might be to wait until there is an odds on favorite that looks very solid and then key it on top and spread underneath.Have a hunch that this bet will almost always be hit,with very few carryovers.

Robert Fischer
12-17-2007, 09:38 PM
the ticket cost could get very pricey in order to cover the logical runners.

I agree.
Much like a pick-6, a "high5" will take a relatively large wager to play at a positive expectation, even if you have the handicapping level to hit it.

Pace Cap'n
12-17-2007, 09:56 PM
1-2 / 1-2-3 / 1-2-3-4 / 1-2-3-4-5 / 1-2-3-4-5-6 = $720

JustRalph
12-17-2007, 11:04 PM

yep, I think that says it all.................unless it is a dime..........it fails in the first month or starts pulling away from the pick 6

boomman
12-17-2007, 11:09 PM

Pace and Ralph: this is exactly why it won't get any play..it MUST be a dime unit for them to have any chance. I can't believe they wouldn't know that after seeing the increases in the superfecta pools froim the dime supers being added :bang:

Boomer

Zaf
12-17-2007, 11:13 PM

WOW :eek: Steep :eek:

Z

Robert Fischer
12-17-2007, 11:33 PM
At first it will appeal to the lotto player with the carryover.
Then those winning players that can afford to invest money into the wager will start taking it down.

part of the appeal is to the guys who made a living on the $ supers before the dime cut into the market. To the common bettor it isn't much more than a "lotto style" wager.

kyle2227
12-18-2007, 03:22 AM
My idea for a wager would be a 1 cent pick all where you would have to pick the exact order of finish of all runners first through last in a race. I would have this wager held in races of 7 or maybe 8 or more horses as the payoffs might be a little low if run in races less then 7 as it would be easier to hit sense it is only for 1 cent not ten cent like some supers are now.

Tom Barrister
12-18-2007, 06:41 AM
ARCADIA, Calif. (Dec. 21st, 2027) Santa Anita Park which will open for its 91st winter/spring season on Dec. 26, will offer fans a brand new wager with the potential for multi-day carryovers, with all-new 1 cent Super High Five Pick Six exotic wager.

The wager requires bettors to pick the exact order of the first five finishers in each of the last six races on the race card. There is no consolation payout, nor a mandatory payout. If the wager is not won by the end of the race meet, it will carryover to the next race meet, the next year, or however long it takes until it is hit.

--------------------

ARCADIA, Calif. (Dec. 22rd, 2037)—Santa Anita Park opens its 101st winter/spring season on Dec. 26, with the Super High Five Pick Six carryover at $182,235,371,390.73. The wager has not been hit since its implementation ten years earlier.

--------------------

WASHINGTON, DC (Dec. 23rd, 2037): President Chelsea Clinton signed a bill today that allocated $200 million per day for the Santa Anita race meet for the purpose of the government playing the track's Super High Five Pick Six, the sixth year that the government has been involved. "This is actually one of the better investments of taxpayer's money," Clinton noted, "compared to some of the other ways we've appropriated funds in the past."

Clinton appointed a team of BRISnet handicappers to handicap the races of the Super High Five Pick Six. "They haven't hit a Breeders Cup Pick Six in over twenty years," Clinton pointed out, "so we feel that they are due."

The United States government joins the governments of forty eight states (Utah and Hawaii do not permit gambling), several hundred local governments, 47 foreign countries, and millions of racing fans throughout the world on the Premier Turf Club network in playing the wager. The PTC became the virtual monopoly of worldwide online wagering when its competitors folded due to mismanagement in 2010.

The closest anybody has come to winning the wager was four races in a row, by Microsoft founder Bill Gates in 2014 on a twelve-cent ticket.

Wright Stuff
12-18-2007, 08:09 AM
ARCADIA, Calif. (Dec. 21st, 2027) Santa Anita Park which will open for its 91st winter/spring season on Dec. 26, will offer fans a brand new wager with the potential for multi-day carryovers, with all-new 1 cent Super High Five Pick Six exotic wager.

The wager requires bettors to pick the exact order of the first five finishers in each of the last six races on the race card. There is no consolation payout, nor a mandatory payout. If the wager is not won by the end of the race meet, it will carryover to the next race meet, the next year, or however long it takes until it is hit.

--------------------

ARCADIA, Calif. (Dec. 22rd, 2037)—Santa Anita Park opens its 101st winter/spring season on Dec. 26, with the Super High Five Pick Six carryover at $182,235,371,390.73. The wager has not been hit since its implementation ten years earlier.

--------------------

WASHINGTON, DC (Dec. 23rd, 2037): President Chelsea Clinton signed a bill today that allocated $200 million per day for the Santa Anita race meet for the purpose of the government playing the track's Super High Five Pick Six, the sixth year that the government has been involved. "This is actually one of the better investments of taxpayer's money," Clinton noted, "compared to some of the other ways we've appropriated funds in the past."

Clinton appointed a team of BRISnet handicappers to handicap the races of the Super High Five Pick Six. "They haven't hit a Breeders Cup Pick Six in over twenty years," Clinton pointed out, "so we feel that they are due."

The United States government joins the governments of forty eight states (Utah and Hawaii do not permit gambling), several hundred local governments, 47 foreign countries, and millions of racing fans throughout the world on the Premier Turf Club network in playing the wager. The PTC became the virtual monopoly of worldwide online wagering when its competitors folded due to mismanagement in 2010.

The closest anybody has come to winning the wager was four races in a row, by Microsoft founder Bill Gates in 2014 on a twelve-cent ticket.

Funny Tom. But maybe not too far from the truth.

Wright Stuff
12-18-2007, 08:12 AM
Here is an interesting chart for comparison to the SH5.

Wright Stuff
12-18-2007, 08:15 AM
2007 Oak Tree (Cushion Track) at Santa Anita Superfecta Payouts

InsideThePylons-MW
12-18-2007, 02:00 PM

You are only off by a measly $688 on your ticket price.

Amazing that Boomer nor anyone else could figure that out in 16 hours.

InsideThePylons-MW
12-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Pace and Ralph: this is exactly why it won't get any play..it MUST be a dime unit for them to have any chance. I can't believe they wouldn't know that after seeing the increases in the superfecta pools froim the dime supers being added :bang:

Boomer

$32 for a ticket that gives anyone with a reasonably good opinion to have a chance to win a huge payoff?

Let's make it $3.20?

Do you realize that $32 is just about a half a tank of gas?

The guys who want it to be a 10 cent minimum are the ones who can't even figure out how many combinations a ticket is.

Pace Cap'n
12-18-2007, 04:40 PM
Holy Cow--right you are. I ran it through my betting calculator as a pick-5.

I feel like such a Bozo.

boomman
12-18-2007, 04:51 PM
$32 for a ticket that gives anyone with a reasonably good opinion to have a chance to win a huge payoff?

Let's make it $3.20?

Do you realize that $32 is just about a half a tank of gas?

The guys who want it to be a 10 cent minimum are the ones who can't even figure out how many combinations a ticket is.You are only off by a measly $688 on your ticket price.

Amazing that Boomer nor anyone else could figure that out in 16 hours

First of all, I didn't even pay attention to the fact that he had misfigured the amount, and heaven forbid, I will in the future...What a tough crowd!!!:D However all this crap about a gallon of gas and what that ticket that Pace Cap'n actually cost (and since I wrote an entire book on how to determine the "math" when putting exotic tickets together, I doubt I would need 16 hours to figure it out, another assanine comment:lol: ) the POINT is simple: I'll spell it out again: If larger denominations worked, they would have never reduced the dinosaur $5 exacta down to a dollar. The dime superfectas have vastly increased pools, and for many reasons that you guys should know already the lower the denomination you can play to cover the most combinations while avoiding the IRS window (especially with MULTIPLE dime denominations) the better!!! The dime superfecta has been a godsend for me and my wagering, yet I seriously doubt that you guys wager more on ANY race than I do.............

Boomer

InsideThePylons-MW
12-18-2007, 05:23 PM
First of all, I didn't even pay attention to the fact that he had misfigured the amount, and heaven forbid, I will in the future...What a tough crowd!!!:D However all this crap about a gallon of gas and what that ticket that Pace Cap'n actually cost (and since I wrote an entire book on how to determine the "math" when putting exotic tickets together, I doubt I would need 16 hours to figure it out, another assanine comment:lol: )

If someone said a $2 P-6 ticket is 2x2x2x2x1x1 costs $720 and I said "this is exactly why it won't get any play..it MUST be a dime unit for them to have any chance.", I wouldn't even bother using the excuse that I didn't pay attention.

The dime superfecta has been a godsend for me and my wagering, yet I seriously doubt that you guys wager more on ANY race than I do.............

Boomer

:D Hilarious stuff there!

boomman
12-18-2007, 05:35 PM
If someone said a $2 P-6 ticket is 2x2x2x2x1x1 costs $720 and I said "this is exactly why it won't get any play..it MUST be a dime unit for them to have any chance.", I wouldn't even bother using the excuse that I didn't pay attention.

:D Hilarious stuff there!

So your point is that I wouldn't know the difference between a $720 ticket and a $32 ticket????????? That's hilarious!!!:lol: It couldn't possibly be the fact that I was making the point than ANY 720 combinations that could be played instead for $72 would make more sense, but of course, you don't get that and obviously never will...........Hilarious again:jump:

Boomer

BlueShoe
12-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Quote,"the guys that want it to be a 10 cent minimum are the ones that cant even figure out how many combinations the ticket is"Not quite so.We dime fans just dont care to fill out forms at that special IRS window at the track when we hit a nice payoff.The super 5 will generate many a signer payoff assuming a dollar unit.On ten cent bets the payoff would have to be over 6 thou on a dollar bet in order to see the tax man.This also applies,of course,to dime superfectas.If the bettor has the bankroll and a strong opinion on the race,there is that little buttom on the Sam that says "repeat" that will churn out just as many .10 cent unit tickets as your heart desires.

MAGICHORSEMAN
12-18-2007, 08:17 PM
THIS IS GREAT TO HAVE A NEW BET. IT WILL BE GREAT TO PLAY THE NEW BET AND TO JUST WATCH AND SEE WHAT KIND OF RESULTS IT WILL HAVE. MANY TRACK BETTORS COULD CARE LESS WHAT THE ODDS ARE AGAINST THEM WHEN PLAYING AT THE TRACK. IT WILL BE A GREAT THRILL FOR THEM TO PLAY.

JUST THINK HOW BORING THE RACES WOULD BE IF NO PERSON WOULD COME UP WITH NEW BETS IN THE LAST 30 YEARS. THERE WOULD BE NO PICK 6, PICK 4, PICK 3, PLACE ALL, 10 CENT SUPERS. SANTA ANITA SHOULD BE LAUDED FOR DOING SOMETHING GREAT AND NEW FOR RACING FANS.

PERHAPS SOMEDAY WE'LL LOOK BACK AND SAY "HOW COULD HAVE HAVE LIVED WITHOUT THE SUPER HIGH FIVE". LIFE WAS SO BORING WITHOUT IT!

BlueShoe
12-18-2007, 08:36 PM
A bit amusing in that Santa Anita is the track that is being creative in trying new wagers.Believe that it was SA that brought in the $1 pick 5 to SoCal,and now the super 5.Long,long ago,Santa Anita would card 8 races a day,race Tuesday thru Saturday,and permit only win,place,and show betting.The $2 daily double was the only exotic bet alllowed at that time in America,and SA would not even offer that.WPS,that was it.Seems rather quaint,does it not?That was the way it was in Arcadia until the early 60's.

MAGICHORSEMAN
12-19-2007, 01:17 AM
www.horsehats.com (http://www.horsehats.com)

click on the right hand side for wager calculator.

they have a calculator for super -5 and also a super-6 in case any track
ever gets that bet.

I hope this helps.

Gary

NY BRED
12-19-2007, 05:18 AM
unless the fields are large, a syndicate could easily key wheel longshots,
especially for a dime and adversely affect payouts.

Inmho a $1 pick 6 would be more exciting even if you still have the same
scenario, especially on days when contenders figure to win some of the
races within the pick 6.

Tom Barrister
12-19-2007, 08:34 PM
They could have a 10 cent pick six, with the pick six payout being at a BASE of 10 cents, and a mandatory payout every day. This would let the average guy have a good chance of hitting it, and naturally it would also decrease the payoff and the amount of money bet on it. Of course, a dime pick-six will never happen in SoCal, because the pick six generates a lot of revenue, both in the pool itself and in increased wagering on other races during carryover day. Other tracks might give it a go, though.

CyberBet
12-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Boomer,

I think the reason it is not a dime is quite simple. Carryover. Carryover and the buzz it will create are all they are after. They want the bet to be successful but even if it is not they have grabbed attention for the day due to a big carryover. Then since we the player are already going to look at trying to hit that big carryover it only stands to reason that one might drop a few dollars into the "normal pools" in that race. Most new wagers just take from another pool. The only one that broke that trend was the dime super, if I am not mistaken. I agree that this new wager probably hurts the Pick 6 handle more than anything but it will attract the daily lottery player. Once we figure out how to get pari-mutuel wagering in the local convenience stores then we will see the Pick 5 and Pick 6 pools go into orbit. I truly believe we could see that in the next few years, just like the wager in Europe, which I cannot remember the name of at this time. It generates HUGE pools. Once people can play from the 7-11, we should see large pools that are full of inexperienced punters! I know you like that thought!

toetoe
12-27-2007, 01:59 PM
The pick-five costs $1, and it's plenty hard, the fact that picking six is WAY harder notwithstanding. Large following in SoCal, no pandering to the keno players, no carryover, and did I mention $1 ? :ThmbUp:

thespaah
12-27-2007, 04:22 PM

The minimum bet needs to be 10 cents on this one. Otherwise multiple horse tix can become very expensive very quickly.

InsideThePylons-MW
12-27-2007, 06:11 PM
The minimum bet needs to be 10 cents on this one. Otherwise multiple horse tix can become very expensive very quickly.

Hell! Let's make the minimum a penny.

Let's make the P-6 minimum a penny too while we are at it.

Maybe if that isn't enough, they can make it a penny minimum super-hifivenella where you just have to have the top 5 in any order.

skate
12-27-2007, 06:14 PM
Hey hey hey, i think everyone is absitivily correcto, because each of you gives your opinion "on how it is that YOU would handle (or Not) this type wager".

Now... the-skat(e) has his way.:cool:

point given
12-27-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Wright Stuff

Minus the takeout of course, just like the P6, the first days pool was around $54,000. carryover was around $43,ooo.

" ARCADIA, Calif. (Dec. 14, 2007)—Santa Anita Park, which will open for its 71st winter/spring season on Dec. 26, will offer fans a potential life-changing payoff each racing day with its all-new $1 Super High Five exotic wager.

The Super High Five will be offered on the last race each day and will require fans to select the first five finishers in their exact finish order. It is expected that the Super High Five will generate some huge payoffs, as there is a high degree of difficulty involved and there is a carryover component to the wager. If no one correctly tabs the first five finishers, the entire Super High Five pool will be carried over to the next racing day. There will be no consolation payoffs. "

Foolish Pleasure
12-28-2007, 12:02 AM
The dime superfecta has been a godsend for me and my wagering, yet I seriously doubt that you guys wager more on ANY race than I do.............

LMAO and you still have time to sell books, videos and tax deductible cruises?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Foolish Pleasure
12-28-2007, 09:53 AM
Excellent job moderating!
You deleted my other post why?

Because I pointed out the lunacy of syndicates playing ten cent supers or the new bet?

or because I used the more common word for poo in a forum supposedly of grown men?

it is OK I respect other's private property,
this dump has always catered to the shill/tout/author square anything but the real professional.

Just read the thread-tells one all they need to know.
No real professional on planet earth is FOR 10cent supers or the complete decimation of the top end of the pools,

even smart squares aren't for it-they realize at some point they may actually figure out this game and what it means to use leverage.

the only ones for it are the milk the stack squares and the track execs who realize that it means less money for the pro horse player which ultimately means more money for the house.

boomman
12-28-2007, 09:57 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

foolish: As hard as it may be for you or the few people that don't know I'm an everyday player to believe, the 2 books I authored on handicapping and wagering along with the supplemental handicapping video and the upcoming cruise on handicapping provide educational materials that Craig Lanham and I designed to assist folks in their handicapping and wagering. As a public handicapper for the last 25+ years, the tracks I worked for asked me to assist in fan education while continuing my daily play. That's what I did, if it's funny to you because you don't grasp the multi tasking concept or think that all public handicappers just sell their materials and aren't players themselves, then you of course, would be mistaken..........

Boomer

boomman
12-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Boomer,

I think the reason it is not a dime is quite simple. Carryover. Carryover and the buzz it will create are all they are after. They want the bet to be successful but even if it is not they have grabbed attention for the day due to a big carryover. Then since we the player are already going to look at trying to hit that big carryover it only stands to reason that one might drop a few dollars into the "normal pools" in that race. Most new wagers just take from another pool. The only one that broke that trend was the dime super, if I am not mistaken. I agree that this new wager probably hurts the Pick 6 handle more than anything but it will attract the daily lottery player. Once we figure out how to get pari-mutuel wagering in the local convenience stores then we will see the Pick 5 and Pick 6 pools go into orbit. I truly believe we could see that in the next few years, just like the wager in Europe, which I cannot remember the name of at this time. It generates HUGE pools. Once people can play from the 7-11, we should see large pools that are full of inexperienced punters! I know you like that thought!

Cyber: Undoubtedly you're correct that they are simply looking for an additional carryover mechanism and at a dollar minimum bet they will certainly get it. What I was saying was that from a professional player standpoint the bet makes no fiscal sense, and unless it gets some ungodly carryover with a ton of dead money in the pool (the same requirement I use for pick 6 play), I won't consider playing it. When the superfecta originally went to a dime minimum, I shared the thoughts of many others that it would hurt those of us that were playing the dollar supers on an everyday basis, but have found the opposite to be true. While I still put the same % of my bankroll into play, I have hit many large pay-off saver combinations that would have been unlikely with one/tenth of the combinations in play on the former $1 minimum wager...........:ThmbUp:

Boomer

InsideThePylons-MW
12-28-2007, 01:14 PM
When the superfecta originally went to a dime minimum, I shared the thoughts of many others that it would hurt those of us that were playing the dollar supers on an everyday basis, but have found the opposite to be true. While I still put the same % of my bankroll into play, I have hit many large pay-off saver combinations that would have been unlikely with one/tenth of the combinations in play on the former $1 minimum wager...........:ThmbUp:

Boomer

So if a mythical professional player (not nearly as sharp as you though) bet about $4 million in superfectas in 2003 (pre-dime era) with about $500K of his return being from all's in 4th, 3rd, or even 2nd, and $1.1 million of his return being from whole pool or 1/2 pool winners.............do you realize that with the dimes, it takes away the entire $500K from his all's and an estimated 30-40% ($400K) from his whole/half pool winners? I'm sure for that mythical professional player losing $900K of his return was a godsend to him.

The dime minimum has been a godsend for the bettors who only play $24 and couldn't bring themselves to use a 20-1 shot on top with 24 combos. Now they can play 240 combos for $24 and use the 20-1 on top without wetting their pants.

Godsend :lol:

Professional Player :lol:

boomman
12-28-2007, 01:47 PM
ITP: Well at least the "mythical player" no longer has all of those pesky IRS tax forms to deal with!!!!;)

Boom

spicytomato
12-28-2007, 02:42 PM
they will have a betting club like the aussies did round here
and won a really really high lotto, took it home

but better yet , the winner will be some olde person
playing the numbers from the grandkids in order of birth
and play it for a dollar,,,,, thar ya go, my prediction

billy born on the 7th
johnny on the 5th
emilly the 3rd
ronnie the 2
heaven the 1st

thats makes 7/5/3/2/1 the winning ticket $1.oo

gotta gramps in your family
ask them

good luck

Foolish Pleasure
12-28-2007, 03:27 PM
If you don't claim anything how can the cruises possibly be tax deductible?

BTW in my haste to replace the deleted post,
I did not mean to infer syndicates wouldn't be interested in the new bet,
just that they would not nearly be as interested in the new bet if it was denominated in dimes.

boomman
12-28-2007, 03:46 PM
If you don't claim anything how can the cruises possibly be tax deductible?

BTW in my haste to replace the deleted post,
I did not mean to infer syndicates wouldn't be interested in the new bet,
just that they would not nearly be as interested in the new bet if it was denominated in dimes.

FP: We have had several folks suggest that their respective accountants have indicated that since we will be providing educational materials in the seminars, and my books are categorized as texts per their IBSN numbers, that the cruise could indeed be tax deductible as an educational training expense. Per our language on the ad (below) we have made it clear that each person going on the cruise should check with their individual accountants and get their advice before taking the deduction.......;) Boom

Seminars at Sea ~ Tax Deductible*

7-Day Luxury East Caribbean Cruise
Learn the PRO Secrets to Horse Race Handicapping
2 Full Seminars Included - Plus many extras
Breakfast with Boomer - Dinner on Deck
Register NOW for the Best Discounts

* Consult your professional tax adviser or accountant for applicable
educational tax deductions on your Federal Tax Return.

InsideThePylons-MW
12-28-2007, 06:49 PM
ITP: Well at least the "mythical player" no longer has all of those pesky IRS tax forms to deal with!!!!;)

Boom

I only used "mythical" because I knew you wouldn't possibly believe that anybody could have done that and would have been laughing so hard, you couldn't have typed in a reply.

PaceAdvantage
12-29-2007, 12:31 AM
Excellent job moderating!
You deleted my other post why?Cause it was REDUNDANT and USELESS. And folks who actually support this website by becoming paid advertisers deserve better than what you're giving.

You have an issue with boomman? Be civil about it...is that possible for you?

Or are you nothing but a neanderthal?

Foolish Pleasure
12-29-2007, 10:26 AM
YES i am a neanderthal with thankfully a fully developed cerebral cortex!

THe post questioned syndicates playing 10cent supers and had nothing to do with Booman at all.

Your taking ad money fr someone claiming to turn losers into winners is a whole nother ball of wax.

boomman
12-29-2007, 12:02 PM
YES i am a neanderthal with thankfully a fully developed cerebral cortex!

THe post questioned syndicates playing 10cent supers and had nothing to do with Booman at all.

Your taking ad money fr someone claiming to turn losers into winners is a whole nother ball of wax.

Foolish: When you're out in the public as a handicapper (unlike those of you that are quick to criticize in total anonymity) you expect there to be detractors and folks with dissenting opinions. I expect that, and have no problem with answering any questions folks may have about me, my qualifications and who I am in the racing industry. However, when it becomes apparent that it is simply personal attack (like Mike has noticed) that is a whole "nother" (like you like to say) matter, then it becomes ridiculous to reply, so this will be my last response to you. My "claim" as you call it, is to educate folks that are losing at the mutuel windows, and to those of you that are making a "killing" at the windows, good luck and continued success! I do not make any false claims, advertise on here because I believe in PA and support this forum, and have found it an absolute pleasure to teach folks everything I have learned in my last 30 years in the business and will continue to do so!!!!

Boom

toetoe
12-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Hear, hear. I would support PA monetarily if I were not a starving writer. :D

boomman
12-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Hear, hear. I would support PA monetarily if I were not a starving writer. :D:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

toe: As for my advertising support of PA, this is the ONLY message board that I spend advertising funds on!:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Boomer

Premier Turf Club
12-29-2007, 02:22 PM
I'm missing the point. Is the argument that "professionals don't play dime supers?"

I considered myself a professional between the years 2003-2006 (our team bet more than $250,000 a month during that period). We played the dime supers all the time. In fact the successes we had came mostly from fractional supers. Not necessarily for 10 cents, but 60 cent, 70 cent, etc. We swept the whole pool at FG one race with I believe a 60 cent super where we got back $37,000. There are many professionals that play fractional supers, some of them for the tax arb situation Boomer speaks of.

I will grant you that I know of pros, some of them our customers, that will not play into pools where the fractional bets are offered for some of the very reasons stated. There are however, many who do.

Premier Turf Club
12-29-2007, 02:53 PM
And p.s., yeah I know we would have swept that pool for a dime. It was a situation where we actually keyed on the two longest shots in the race and they ran 1/2 with another double digit horse 3rd. We didn't figure those horses to ultimately go off the prices they did.

But having done it once, now I can die fulfilled. Like when I finally bowled a 200 game (I'm not a great bowler) but I hoped to do that once before I died.

Indulto
12-29-2007, 03:09 PM
And p.s., yeah I know we would have swept that pool for a dime. It was a situation where we actually keyed on the two longest shots in the race and they ran 1/2 with another double digit horse 3rd. We didn't figure those horses to ultimately go off the prices they did.

But having done it once, now I can die fulfilled. Like when I finally bowled a 200 game (I'm not a great bowler) but I hoped to do that once before I died.PTC,
Maybe "Leave No Pins Standing" in 2008 will exceed the motivation from 2007's "By Any Means Necessary." :D

Premier Turf Club
12-29-2007, 03:16 PM
PTC,
Maybe "Leave No Pins Standing" in 2008 will exceed the motivation from 2007's "By Any Means Necessary." :D

Yours is certainly worthy of consideration. :)

boomman
12-29-2007, 03:24 PM
PTC,

Indulto and Ian: I like it!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:
Boom

PaceAdvantage
12-29-2007, 03:38 PM
Your taking ad money fr someone claiming to turn losers into winners is a whole nother ball of wax.A whole other ball of wax? How so?

Are you saying that ABC, NBC, and CBS fully endorse every product that happens to purchase advertising time on their networks?

Kelso
12-29-2007, 04:21 PM
Ian,

Still think "America's Rogue ADW" belongs on a hat, a t-shirt ... and now as a tag line. Walk proud, man! :jump:

spicytomato
12-29-2007, 06:21 PM
im gonna bet this one

and keep wagering it just like lotto
with the favs for the night in front

maybe when im 80 it will win for me
like all the other oldsters that win big

maybe the old folks win so much more than the younger ones
because , they are a bit less likely to mess up from money won

ive seen the tv show about winners of much money
and how they handle it
the guy that won in wv was already a millionaire when he won
the money, then he managed to destroy his life with it

so i will give it a try

hope you are all in da green today

check ya laters

betovernetcapper
12-29-2007, 06:41 PM

Boomer's multi tasking ability is legend. A few months ago we had a fun contest at YAV and Boomer not only handicapped every race and explained them in the War Room, he made his own bets and ate lunch. Oh yeah I forgot-he did this while calling the races. True story. :)

trigger
12-29-2007, 06:53 PM
A whole other ball of wax? How so?

Are you saying that ABC, NBC, and CBS fully endorse every product that happens to purchase advertising time on their networks?

Well, not when it really is against their core beliefs ....for example, NBC's actions on recent ad thanking the troops.

boomman
12-29-2007, 07:10 PM
Boomer's multi tasking ability is legend. A few months ago we had a fun contest at YAV and Boomer not only handicapped every race and explained them in the War Room, he made his own bets and ate lunch. Oh yeah I forgot-he did this while calling the races. True story. :)

B.O.N.C.-Yep that was a fun day, and it was a blast "talking" to everyone between calling races in the War Room! I hope to do that again someday!;)

Boomer

Wright Stuff
12-31-2007, 09:15 PM
Excuse me for my post but I thought this thread was about the Super High Five. Somehow Boomman is at sea and there are pirates in this forum attacking his ship and planning a mutiny. Where's Rodney King when you need him? Can't we all just get a-long-shot.

BillW
12-31-2007, 09:16 PM
Excuse me for my post but I thought this thread was about the Super High Five. Somehow Boomman is at sea and there are pirates in this forum attacking his ship and planning a mutiny. Where's Rodney King when you need him? Can't we all just get a-long-shot.

:lol: :lol:

betovernetcapper
12-31-2007, 09:51 PM
[QUOTE=Wright Stuff Where's Rodney King when you need him? [/QUOTE]

It's hard to envision a time when Rodney King would actually be needed, but getting back on topic, I think Boomer's point is well taken. A $1 Super High 5 is beyond the reach of most players and making it a smaller denomination might make it more attractive.

boomman
12-31-2007, 11:54 PM
It's hard to envision a time when Rodney King would actually be needed, but getting back on topic, I think Boomer's point is well taken. A $1 Super High 5 is beyond the reach of most players and making it a smaller denomination might make it more attractive.

Not quite sure how Rodney's name got involved in this thread, but as B.O.N.C. says, it all started when I had the "nerve" to dispute the $1 minimum for the Super High 5. And 2 "rogue pirates" hardly are enough for a mutiny!!!:D

Happy New Year to all!:)
Boomer

InsideThePylons-MW
01-01-2008, 12:28 AM
it all started when I had the "nerve" to dispute the $1 minimum for the Super High 5.
Boomer

It's a bet designed for a carryover. Do you understand that? Why would a bet designed for a carryover have a dime minimum?

Please just answer this one question for me.........

Do you think the So Cal P-6's should be reduced to a dime or quarter minimum?

RXB
01-01-2008, 01:27 AM
Handicapping for 5th place... yeah, a good bet. :faint:

I think superfectas are strictly for borderline or worse personalities. This one is absolutely for crazies only.

betovernetcapper
01-01-2008, 01:49 AM
[QUOTE=InsideThePylons-MW

Please just answer this one question for me.........

Do you think the So Cal P-6's should be reduced to a dime or quarter minimum?[/QUOTE]

I could see it going to a dollar. ;)

ryesteve
01-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Some complete nonsense
The reason there's an Off-Topic board here is so that people don't have to deal with off-topic nonsense if they don't want to.

Zman179
01-01-2008, 02:27 PM
The super high five is the most popular bet in France, where it is called the "quinté." The minimum wager is €2 ($2.90 US). So, why is it so popular there? Because not only can you hit for correctly selecting all five runners in order (French record payout is €6,968,408.40 or $10,243,142 US), but you'll also hit if you get all five horses in the wrong order, or if you miss the fifth horse, if you get 4 out of the 5 missing any one of the horses, or by getting a token payoff by finding the first three horses but missing the last two.

Not saying that SA should adopt all of the above, but they should be some sort of a consolation payoff like having all five horses, but in the wrong order. It's a very player-unfriendly wager in its current format.

JustRalph
01-01-2008, 09:40 PM
The super high five is the most popular bet in France, where it is called the "quinté." The minimum wager is €2 ($2.90 US). So, why is it so popular there? Because not only can you hit for correctly selecting all five runners in order (French record payout is €6,968,408.40 or $10,243,142 US), but you'll also hit if you get all five horses in the wrong order, or if you miss the fifth horse, if you get 4 out of the 5 missing any one of the horses, or by getting a token payoff by finding the first three horses but missing the last two.

Or if you show up at the window with a pissed off look on your face................they pay you............. :lol:

Jesus Amiga! does anybody ever lose?

toetoe
01-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Well said, Mr Wright. :lol:

Now, what about that rumor that your wife was waiting all her life to meet you ? ;)

kyle2227
01-05-2008, 03:40 PM
I like this bet. The payouts have been huge so far.

Wright Stuff
01-07-2008, 07:08 AM
Well said, Mr Wright. :lol:

Now, what about that rumor that your wife was waiting all her life to meet you ? ;)

That would be a CORRECT statement.

InsideThePylons-MW
03-26-2008, 01:57 AM

Pace and Ralph: this is exactly why it won't get any play..it MUST be a dime unit for them to have any chance.

Boomer

Great call!

The bet is still not offered anywhere in Nevada, to any LVDC clients, and to numerous other venues due to lack of tote programming and is still doing well.

Churchill has now added the bet to their wagering menu. Sorry.....$1 minimum there too with a carryover.