PDA

View Full Version : Rich Rodriguez takes over at Michigan

rrbauer
12-16-2007, 03:51 PM
This is the beginning of the Big 10's coaching enema.

sammy the sage
12-16-2007, 05:13 PM
nope...you're late on that...Zook started it!

Rod...did show some class.(NOT)...letting a recruit know before his own team... :lol:

rrbauer
12-17-2007, 09:52 AM
nope...you're late on that...Zook started it!

Rod...did show some class.(NOT)...letting a recruit know before his own team... :lol:

My reference was to upgrading the brand of ball played by most Big 10 teams. I suppose you could go back to when Joe Tiller showed up at Purdue with his spread offense as the start of that overhaul. But, Purdue does not get the attention (nor the athletes) that a Michigan does. And, their lack of depth at the skill positions has hurt them when injuries started piling up.

As for your man Zook, of the 70 players Zook recruited at Florida, 32 left the program, transferred, or were kicked off the team. That does not include players who left for the N.F.L. And he left as the result of being fired. To his credit he has applied his recruiting magic to the Chicago area and that has got him some talent that probably woud not have ended up in Champaign otherwise.

It was common knowledge that Rodriguez was talking to Michigan so I don't know what his team knew or didn't know beyond that. And, for that matter, once he makes the decision to leave they are no longer his team.

Bubbles
12-17-2007, 11:10 AM
My reference was to upgrading the brand of ball played by most Big 10 teams.This was the best move Michigan could have possibly made, for that reason. The rest of the Big 10 hasn't changed with the times, and Michigan's one step ahead of all but Illinois, who they beat this season.

GO BLUE!

JustRalph
12-17-2007, 02:13 PM
He still has one problem...........

http://images.dawgsports.com/images/admin/Tressel_in_grey_sweatervest.jpg

Fear the Vest!!!

harnesslover
12-17-2007, 02:38 PM
He still has one problem...........

http://images.dawgsports.com/images/admin/Tressel_in_grey_sweatervest.jpg

Fear the Vest!!!

No one outside of the Big 10 fears the vest ;) ;)

sammy the sage
12-17-2007, 06:16 PM
"And, for that matter, once he makes the decision to leave they are no longer his team."

You are correct...BUT if that's the way you think...

Guess that would make you a Bobby Petrino/Nick Saban type as well...

No honor...just the CASH...please!

sammy the sage
12-17-2007, 06:18 PM
Zook's defense player's were for the MOST PART...the reason Florida won a Nat'l title!

JustRalph
12-17-2007, 08:50 PM
No one outside of the Big 10 fears the vest ;) ;)

Yes, but Richie is now in the Big Ten and has the big bullseye on his chest

You know, the one that put Loyd Carr into early retirement............. :lol:

harnesslover
12-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Yes, but Richie is now in the Big Ten and has the big bullseye on his chest

You know, the one that put Loyd Carr into early retirement............. :lol:

But how can anyone really take the Big 10 seriously? It's comprised of a bunch of bad teams and 2-3 good ones. Is winning the Big 10 really an accomplishment?

ghostyapper
12-18-2007, 10:54 AM
What the amazing thing is is as bad as some people think the big ten is, the powerhouse SEC couldn't even hold a winning record against them in bowl games last year. :lol: :lol: :lol:

rastajenk
12-18-2007, 10:57 AM
It's an inconvenient truth.

harnesslover
12-18-2007, 11:05 AM
It's an inconvenient truth.

They just don't get it LOL

Wonder what the excuses will be for Ohio State after another year of getting bent over by the SEC elite. Maybe 51 days wasn't long enough to prepare..:lol: :lol: :lol:

JustRalph
12-18-2007, 12:24 PM
But how can anyone really take the Big 10 seriously? It's comprised of a bunch of bad teams and 2-3 good ones. Is winning the Big 10 really an accomplishment?

Go ask Loyd Carr...................... :lol:

harnesslover
12-18-2007, 01:27 PM
The last 20 years, the Big 10 has won 2 national championships..

Big 12 has won 7
SEC has won 5
Miami has won 4
ACC has won 2

So theoretically over the past 20 years, the Big 12 has been the best..

ghostyapper
12-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Here's an interesting number. Over the last 10 years that powerhouse SEC is a dominant 84-82 against the other weak, speedless BCS conferences.

harnesslover
12-18-2007, 04:50 PM
Here's an interesting number. Over the last 10 years that powerhouse SEC is a dominant 84-82 against the other weak, speedless BCS conferences.

Just curious, what criteria do you use to deem which is a better conference? regular season wins, bowl wins, bowl appearances, national championships? other??

I seriously am just curious what you are using to attempt to justify that the Big 10 is better than the SEC. I think you and JR are the only 2 people in America that believe this.

harnesslover
12-18-2007, 04:53 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/stewart_mandel/05/16/mailbag/index.html

He's probably right, Big 10 isn't even ahead of Pac 10..

rrbauer
12-19-2007, 04:47 PM
"And, for that matter, once he makes the decision to leave they are no longer his team."

You are correct...BUT if that's the way you think...

Guess that would make you a Bobby Petrino/Nick Saban type as well...

No honor...just the CASH...please!

Rodriguez was at WVA 7 years I think. Won the Big East 4 of the last 5 years. Guy is leaving on top. Not quitting in mid-season or after a couple bad seasons; so why you want to piss on him, or me for that matter, is a big mystery. If he was a bum or a dummy would Michigan have gone after him?

rrbauer
12-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Rodriguez contract buyout provision calls for a 1/3 payment within 30 days of termination and the balance over two years. WVA made a faux pas of sorts when it let the basketball coach out of his buyout for less than the total amount (saved him $500K, I believe). Probably a dangerous precedent which is why Rodriguez is draggin his heels on the payout and that's probably why WVA is taking the thing to court. Man signed a contract. Probably doesn't have the dough to pay what he agreed to. Maybe a loan from big blue?

RXB
01-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Things are getting a bit strange.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3197764

Whatcha shreddin', Richie?

rrbauer
01-15-2008, 08:43 PM
It's like a messy divorce: Doesn't matter if you want it or not. You're not getting it! As if he anticipated an unfriendly separation and was making sure that there would be little or no benefit for his successor from what he had done.

onefast99
01-17-2008, 08:32 AM
I wonder if the WVU players knew the night they lost to Pitt that he was gone?