PDA

View Full Version : We regret the error we guessed wrong 41 times!

njcurveball
12-16-2007, 01:21 AM
You have to love reporting these days and how quick they try to cover their sorry a$$es! Ummm, sorry guys we guessed wrong! :mad:

http://www.wnbc.com/news/14849131/detail.html

Jonathan Dienst and WNBC.com regret the error and sincerely apologize for providing the incorrect information.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1939720/posts

DECEMBER 14--Shortly after ESPN broke the news yesterday that Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte would be nailed in the Mitchell Report, WNBC-TV, the NBC affiliate in New York, blew the story wide open. "Newschannel 4's Jonathan Dienst has obtained the expected list of current and former major league players linked to steroids, according to George Mitchell's investigation," reported the station's web site at 11:23 AM. The WNBC story then unspooled a list of 75 purported juicers, including Albert Pujols, Johnny Damon, Jason Varitek, Nomar Garciaparra, Ivan Rodriguez, Jeff Bagwell, Milton Bradley, Kerry Wood, Mark Prior, Trot Nixon, Mike Cameron, Brady Anderson, Albert Belle, and Kyle Farnsworth.

kenwoodallpromos
12-16-2007, 06:12 AM
Even better if he would have said the "Ass-U-Me list"!LOL!!

shanta
12-16-2007, 07:01 AM
So when will Mr.Dientz lose his job,be suspended without pay or be sued by the players?

You can't unring the bell sir :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

BIG RED
12-16-2007, 09:46 PM
What, no A-Rod?

That's right, 60dy minit take of dat.

skate
12-17-2007, 04:19 PM
You have to love reporting these days and how quick they try to cover their sorry a$$es! Ummm, sorry guys we guessed wrong! :mad:

everybody Gots to know it ALL.
you see, their customers act 'the very same way'.:kiss:

Critics and Ice Cream make you feel so good in 'the short term'.:eek:

njcurveball
12-17-2007, 05:18 PM
I think it is more the rush to get the story on the Net and whether they want to take a chance they have it wrong. Many other outlets were content running with the Clemens/Petitte may be on the list angle.

That is fine to give an opinion of who you think will be on it and why. For example, since it was New York trainers involved, it would be a stretch to see Tampa Bay kids showing up on the list.

So you take your best guess and put big names out there. The last thing we need is for someone to say they have "obtained a copy of the list" and print names which basically links those players to the story whether they are innocent or guilty.

I think the use of HGH to recover after surgery was very widespread and if they wanted to track all of it, 50% or more of the players took it after surgery.

As for steroids, that number would be less but much more than the players Mitchell put in his "book report".

I wish they would be deadly serious and create a trial for each player and give them the chance to cross examine witnesses, examine evidence, etc.

If they do not have this right, then why spread mud all over your own sport? :mad:

BillW
12-18-2007, 04:13 PM
Congress is scheduling another investigation into steroid use. Do they do this just to collect autographs? :rolleyes:

Show Me the Wire
12-18-2007, 04:29 PM
............I wish they would be deadly serious and create a trial for each player and give them the chance to cross examine witnesses, examine evidence, etc.

If they do not have this right, then why spread mud all over your own sport? :mad:

I wish so too. Will not happen as a lack of some sort of trial gives players plausible deniabilty about taking steroids or HGH.

JustRalph
12-18-2007, 05:42 PM
Congress is scheduling another investigation into steroid use. Do they do this just to collect autographs? :rolleyes:

John McCain is all over this. He has told Baseball that steroids is enough for him to push for removing the anti-trust exemption that Baseball has through congress. I agree with him................

BillW
12-18-2007, 05:47 PM
John McCain is all over this. He has told Baseball that steroids is enough for him to push for removing the anti-trust exemption that Baseball has through congress. I agree with him................

Good, that would be the only intelligent reason for doing this. Otherwise studying something that is already illegal seemed too par for the course for congress. :bang: