DEC 14 MNR 8 $16.00 $11.00
DEC 14 PHA 6 $12.00 $13.20
DEC 14 TPX 11 $22.00 $10.60
DEC 14 TUP 8 $16.00 $36.60
----------------------------------------
206 $412.00 $430.90

PaceAdvantage
12-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Anytime you can show a positive ROI over a decent number of races over a bunch of different tracks, it's a good thing....thanks for the numbers....

csmith
12-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Anytime you can show a positive ROI over a decent number of races over a bunch of different tracks, it's a good thing....thanks for the numbers....

I am looking for software to make this an easier chore for all the tracks I do.. Anyone have any suggestions

csmith
12-15-2007, 05:36 PM

Thank you. I am surprised I am not hearing from anyone else.. Have I shut up the critics ?? :D

Dahoss9698
12-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Thank you. I am surprised I am not hearing from anyone else.. Have I shut up the critics ?? :D

No.

csmith
12-15-2007, 06:18 PM
No.

I was beginning to wonder when you were going to crawl out of the woodwork.. Can you do better ??

Dahoss9698
12-15-2007, 06:21 PM
I was beginning to wonder when you were going to crawl out of the woodwork.. Can you do better ??

Yeah, but I'm not selling anything. I make money off of my picks. I don't need to sell them. Can you say the same?

csmith
12-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Yeah, but I'm not selling anything. I make money off of my picks. I don't need to sell them. Can you say the same?

What the hell does it matter if I sell my picks.. I also bet my selections, so I make money both ways. Anytime you want to challenge me I'm ready..All tracks running everyday for 1 week, 1 horse per race..You ready ??

Dahoss9698
12-15-2007, 06:31 PM
What the hell does it matter if I sell my picks.. I also bet my selections, so I make money both ways. Anytime you want to challenge me I'm ready..All tracks running everyday for 1 week, 1 horse per race..You ready ??

No thanks. I focus on one, maybe two tracks on days that I play. Your little challenge would prove nothing. Much like your one day tally proved nothing. Look if you can convince people to buy your "picks" more power to ya. I'm not impressed and frankly, it doesn't seem like anyone else is either.

judd
12-15-2007, 06:34 PM
not being a critic but when i played your calder selections the other day lost
my shirt

Dahoss9698
12-15-2007, 06:36 PM
my shirt

Ever heard the saying "you get what you pay for"? Very applicable here.

csmith
12-15-2007, 06:38 PM
No thanks. I focus on one, maybe two tracks on days that I play. Your little challenge would prove nothing. Much like your one day tally proved nothing. Look if you can convince people to buy your "picks" more power to ya. I'm not impressed and frankly, it doesn't seem like anyone else is either.

I thought you would have an excuse..My challenge would prove that I could beat you !! I'm am not asking you to be impressed. I am just doing what everybody said I was afraid to do..A "tout" showing his ROI on his top picks..Wow thats unheard of..Why don't you post your ROI ?? Why don't you just crawl back into the woodwork. You don't impress me either.

Dahoss9698
12-15-2007, 06:41 PM
I thought you would have an excuse..My challenge would prove that I could beat you !! I'm am not asking you to be impressed. I am just doing what everybody said I was afraid to do..A "tout" showing his ROI on his top picks..Wow thats unheard of..Why don't you post your ROI ?? Why don't you just crawl back into the woodwork. You don't impress me either.

Seriously, what would a ONE day run through of every track running prove? If I only focus on one or two tracks a day, how could I come out on top handicapping tracks I've never played before. It's silly. See here's the thing, I'm not selling anything, I don't need to. If you are as good as you say, posting your ROI should be no big deal. Again, I have nothing to prove, I'm not selling.....you are.

csmith
12-15-2007, 06:43 PM
my shirt

I never said my selections win everyday. PA challenged me to show my ROI for my top picks. I am doing just that.. If you look at my post of the results ( Above post ) you will see some days are bad.. Isn't that what horse racing is all about..What I am saying I showed a positive ROI for all of my picks using all tracks. What more do you guys want !!

csmith
12-15-2007, 06:47 PM
my shirt

I just looked

Calder on the 13th I did lousy on the 14th Bet $16 returned $32.+.. Doubled your money

csmith
12-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Seriously, what would a ONE day run through of every track running prove? If I only focus on one or two tracks a day, how could I come out on top handicapping tracks I've never played before. It's silly. See here's the thing, I'm not selling anything, I don't need to. If you are as good as you say, posting your ROI should be no big deal. Again, I have nothing to prove, I'm not selling.....you are.

Your the one that butted in here just like you did with Whobet the other day. Whobet challenged you to post on another site, but you used the excuse you didn't want to go to another site. You said you would challenge him here. So why won't you take my challenge here ?? I'm very sure Whobet would do a job on you also.. Look, you know and I know you can't beat me so why don't you move on and make room for the next guy.

Dahoss9698
12-15-2007, 07:01 PM
Your the one that butted in here just like you did with Whobet the other day. Whobet challenged you to post on another site, but you used the excuse you didn't want to go to another site. You said you would challenge him here. So why won't you take my challenge here ?? I'm very sure Whobet would do a job on you also.. Look, you know and I know you can't beat me so why don't you move on and make room for the next guy.

Okay Cliff, you got me, I'm in awe of your talents. Here's a challenge for you Cliff. After tomorrow I'm probably done betting until the new year. When Gulfstream starts, we'll have a challenge. Aqueduct and Gulfstream for a month. You pick one horse a race. Most winners wins, person that loses leaves the board. You got any guts?

csmith
12-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Okay Cliff, you got me, I'm in awe of your talents. Here's a challenge for you Cliff. After tomorrow I'm probably done betting until the new year. When Gulfstream starts, we'll have a challenge. Aqueduct and Gulfstream for a month. You pick one horse a race. Most winners wins, person that loses leaves the board. You got any guts?

The name of the game is ROI, not how many winners you can pick..I will certainly take the challenge happily if it is for the higest ROI not winners..

Dahoss9698
12-15-2007, 07:11 PM
The name of the game is ROI, not how many winners you can pick..I will certainly take the challenge happily if it is for the higest ROI not winners..

Deal. I suggest really selling in the next few weeks.

whobet
12-15-2007, 07:16 PM

DaHoss will never follow through,

he is a loser

Dahoss9698
12-15-2007, 07:19 PM
DaHoss will never follow through,

he is a loser

:lol: :lol:

You want in on this too? You talk a big game, any guts?

csmith
12-15-2007, 07:20 PM

believe me I don't need this site to sell my selections. I come to this site because i enjoy most of the people here and most of the threads..

whobet
12-15-2007, 07:22 PM
:lol: :lol:

You want in on this too? You talk a big game, any guts?

I am in everyday,

just use my #1 pick

kenwoodallpromos
12-15-2007, 07:39 PM
It is great to see you keeping such good records!

whobet
12-15-2007, 07:43 PM
It is great to see you keeping such good records!

Where are your records ????

Dahoss9698
12-15-2007, 07:48 PM
I am in everyday,

just use my #1 pick

Thought so. Do yourself a favor and stay out of the grown up threads.

whobet
12-15-2007, 07:51 PM

You afraid, just use my #1 pick at GP

what's your problem ????

Is this a grown-up thread, I think NOT, LOL

Dahoss9698
12-15-2007, 07:58 PM
You afraid, just use my #1 pick at GP

what's your problem ????

Is this a grown-up thread, I think NOT, LOL

Fine then, you're in also. But remember, if I beat you guys, you have to leave the board. Opening day of Gulfstream we'll start it up. Better practice summarizing other's hard work.

whobet
12-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Fine then, you're in also. But remember, if I beat you guys, you have to leave the board. Opening day of Gulfstream we'll start it up. Better practice summarizing other's hard work.

Leave the board,

Not me,

I will put a comercial for you in my FAQ,

saying how you defeated Whobet in a contest on PACE,
and showing the score.

I am trying to get 1000 views for my picks,
I wonder what your goal is.

I will even let you call me loser if you win.

But all of this is good for horse racing,
I am not leaving till I am banned,
and I have been banned on many sites, lol.

Dahoss9698
12-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Leave the board,

Not me,

I will put a comercial for you in my FAQ,

saying how you defeated Whobet in a contest on PACE,
and showing the score.

I am trying to get 1000 views for my picks,
I wonder what your goal is.

I will even let you call me loser if you win.

But all of this is good for horse racing,
I am not leaving till I am banned,
and I have been banned on many sites, lol.

I thought so. Like I said, you should probably leave the grown up threads alone. Unlike you and your partners, I'm not selling anything. So I need no commercial. And trust me, many many are calling you a loser right now. I'm sure of it. I have no goals, other than to make you and your crew look stupid. So far....so good.

One more thing, change your avatar to a picture of a chicken, not an ostrich. Definitely fits more appropriately.

whobet
12-15-2007, 08:40 PM
I thought so. Like I said, you should probably leave the grown up threads alone. Unlike you and your partners, I'm not selling anything. So I need no commercial. And trust me, many many are calling you a loser right now. I'm sure of it. I have no goals, other than to make you and your crew look stupid. So far....so good.

One more thing, change your avatar to a picture of a chicken, not an ostrich. Definitely fits more appropriately.

Does that mean you are going to bail out already, Loser

Burls
12-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Have you done any long term comparisons to see whether your methods of selection do better at certain tracks?

In this extremely LIMITED list of races, for example, bets at CTX have done especially well.

Burls

jonnielu
12-15-2007, 11:11 PM
my shirt

Gee, Judd, why would you be doing that when Ability-X has been nailing exactas left and right at Calder??

jdl

csmith
12-16-2007, 01:50 AM
Have you done any long term comparisons to see whether your methods of selection do better at certain tracks?

In this extremely LIMITED list of races, for example, bets at CTX have done especially well.

Burls
Hi Burls
I have no long term results at this time as explained in some previous post as to why. I plan in keeping the results more up to date in the future, but I can tell you they won't change much from what I have already posted. This results are very typical for my selections.

csmith
12-16-2007, 01:54 AM
Gee, Judd, why would you be doing that when Ability-X has been nailing exactas left and right at Calder??

jdl

Hi JDL
We also have hit many exactas lately but that was not what I was asked to provide. A list of a recent exactas can be seen at my site. I only list the exactas we had that paid more than $50.00 We have many others but they don't meet the $50.00 threshold.
Good Luck to you on your GP project coming up

cmoore
12-16-2007, 04:11 AM

I challenge you for the hell of it. Let's start on Monday, end on Friday. You name the tracks and post the rules..No quarter horses..

Murph
12-16-2007, 05:06 AM
I will hear that it is not a very big example but it is
what I have for now. What I found when going back to look at my
results is that if my top selection doesn't win it will place
a very high percentage of the time.

Hello csmith,

Your results look to be in line with most capable public selectors. As
sample sizes become greater than a few hundred races, I consder WIN
ROI's that lose less than the track take, a fine job of handicapping.

I am gettng similar results with our top selection. ROI is often as good
or better on the place call as the win. Have you done any work on when
to pull the WIN trigger and when to bet place?

For example, if my top selection is dropping more than one class level,
he's a better place bet than win. Have you found a partcular odds point or
factor that helps you make ths decision?

Murph

csmith
12-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Hi cmoore

I really don't have the time or inclination to take challenges every day. If you go to Whobet's thread everyday he has my top choice among his selections. I am headed for Phoenix on Wednesday and won't be back in Florida until the 6th of January. Although I will have my laptop with me I choose to spend the time in Phoenix with my Daughter and Grandson. maybe when I get back we can figure something out.
Thanks for the interest

csmith
12-16-2007, 01:07 PM
Hello csmith,

Your results look to be in line with most capable public selectors. As
sample sizes become greater than a few hundred races, I consder WIN
ROI's that lose less than the track take, a fine job of handicapping.

I am gettng similar results with our top selection. ROI is often as good
or better on the place call as the win. Have you done any work on when
to pull the WIN trigger and when to bet place?

For example, if my top selection is dropping more than one class level,
he's a better place bet than win. Have you found a partcular odds point or
factor that helps you make ths decision?

Murph

Hi Murph
I agree with what you say. I gave an explanation in an earlier post as to why I am not up to date on my records... Yes I do have some things that trigger my plays. I can usually find about 3 races per track each day where I consider a bet. Some tracks I can't find a a bet that meets my criteria. I look for overlays all the time. I am familiar with your work and you do a very good job.

lxdoomxl
12-16-2007, 01:33 PM
you had good one yesterday at deltadowns race 2........thanks to whobet i was able to cash in $2 wps on this4 Spanish Venture (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqpHorseMPPByHorse.cfm?refno=7526521&sap=HPR&BT=TB) Donald Edward Simington26.608.6052.40

riskman
12-16-2007, 01:41 PM

Since when did you become the board hoss ?

PaceAdvantage
12-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Does that mean you are going to bail out already, LoserEnough with the name calling.