PDA

View Full Version : The NEW TVG "A-TEAM"

BombsAway Bob
12-14-2007, 02:44 PM
It's been an enjoyable Friday watching Rich Perloff & Vic Stauffer banter about Actual HORSE RACING on TVG. They've gone back & forth on 'pedigree' vs. 'sheets' methods of handicapping, & there hasn't been a staring contest or bully pulpit to deal with! They should get this shift every Thur/Fri/Sat...Bob:jump:

Marshall Bennett
12-14-2007, 03:12 PM
It's been an enjoyable Friday watching Rich Perloff & Vic Stauffer banter about Actual HORSE RACING on TVG. They've gone back & forth on 'pedigree' vs. 'sheets' methods of handicapping, & there hasn't been a staring contest or bully pulpit to deal with! They should get this shift every Thur/Fri/Sat...Bob:jump:
I enjoyed it too !! Never have understood why , like in most sports , they won't stick with the same team of announcers for each show . They would only get better together . Instead they flip flop and often they don't seem to be on the same page during their handicapping . I enjoy Rich , particularly on Mondays & Tuesdays . He loves interacting with the viewers as well .

Tom
12-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Maybe they read some threads here?

v j stauffer
12-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Sure we read the threads. Thanks for the props. It was great fun working with Rich who I've been friends with for many years. I agree his Monday & Tuesday shifts are terrific. One day before HP ends I'm going to go in a sit with him and just shoot the handicapping stuff.

As for keeping the same crews together. That would never work with me as I'm only an occasional freelancer.

Cheers

VJS

thespaah
12-15-2007, 07:18 PM
Sure we read the threads. Thanks for the props. It was great fun working with Rich who I've been friends with for many years. I agree his Monday & Tuesday shifts are terrific. One day before HP ends I'm going to go in a sit with him and just shoot the handicapping stuff.

As for keeping the same crews together. That would never work with me as I'm only an occasional freelancer.

Cheers

VJSYou're a damned good handicapper and you've helped put money in my pocket. Plus I enjoy the light approach you bring to TVG.

thespaah
12-15-2007, 07:19 PM

Cheers

VJSOh yeah, if possible, can you let us know when that visit will be. Thanks....

v j stauffer
12-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Well it was gonna be this Tuesday but now I'm going to SF. So it'll be during the Spring/Summer meet.

Thanks for the props.

bishlap
12-15-2007, 11:18 PM
couldn't agree more - I like Rich (P for Pedigree) Perloff, and I put Vic on a par w/ Andy Beyer as far as handicapping/general Horseracing knowledge. I'll never forget Vic taking Kent Desormeaux to task (in an inoffensive manner) for not riding horses out. The rest of TVG are loud insecure punks.

magwell
12-16-2007, 01:02 AM
couldn't agree more - I like Rich (P for Pedigree) Perloff, and I put Vic on a par w/ Andy Beyer as far as handicapping/general Horseracing knowledge. I'll never forget Vic taking Kent Desormeaux to task (in an inoffensive manner) for not riding horses out. The rest of TVG are loud insecure punks. how about redboard matt the clown and no clue after 6 years ken ( wanna be chris rock ) thank god for the mute button.....hi Vic , your the man

thespaah
12-16-2007, 09:17 AM
Well it was gonna be this Tuesday but now I'm going to SF. So it'll be during the Spring/Summer meet.

Thanks for the props.Yer welcome..BTW My 16 year old gets a kick out of your "they're off"..Have fun in SF....BTW ,where else are you calling races?

jma
12-16-2007, 09:41 AM
I'll show in a quick mention that Simon Bray hit a 16-1 single in his Pick 3 yesterday. Of course the Pick 3 ended up not hitting, but I hope he bet it to win. Someone did, because the horse went from 25-1 to 16-1 in the last minute before post. Good call there.

Marshall Bennett
12-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Beleive Simon was the last at TVG to give out a pick 6 winner , a ticket , by the way , be did not play himself . A tough task when your limited to a $120 play !!

kingfin66
12-18-2007, 08:24 PM
I can't believe that nobody mentioned how Vic went "Rickles" (as in Don) on Rich prior to a race of the same name. Rich couldn't figure out why Vic was telling him what a lousy handicapper he was in front of the TVG audience. Rich tried to be stoic but finally asked what was up. Finally, Vic let him in on the secret - the upcoming race was the Rickles Handicap. Funny stuff. If he wasn't already a race caller, TVG freelancer, jock's agent, and whatever the hell else he does (gambling degenerate), he could turn to comedy.

Marshall Bennett
12-18-2007, 09:37 PM
That was really cool !! Wish those two worked together more often !! Much better than watching " Mr. B " fall asleep on Greg Wolf's shoulder !!

JustRalph
12-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Did he call him a hockey puck?

http://www.hbo.com/events/don-rickles/

HBO just did a documentary on Rickles that was pretty good...........

Date/Time Channel Title Rated Min Genre
12/19 12:00 PM HBO - EAST MR. WARMTH: THE DON RICKLES PROJECT

TV14 90 Comedy
12/19 12:00 PM HBO High Definition - EAST MR. WARMTH: THE DON RICKLES PROJECT

TV14 90 Comedy
12/20 12:35 AM HBO - EAST MR. WARMTH: THE DON RICKLES PROJECT

TV14 90 Comedy
12/20 12:35 AM HBO High Definition - EAST MR. WARMTH: THE DON RICKLES PROJECT

TV14 90 Comedy
12/21 3:00 AM HBO COMEDY - EAST MR. WARMTH: THE DON RICKLES PROJECT

TV14 90 Comedy
12/29 2:30 PM HBO - EAST MR. WARMTH: THE DON RICKLES PROJECT