PDA

View Full Version : Drugged as a kid.

Tee
12-13-2007, 08:30 PM
The other day, someone at a store in our town read that a Methamphetamine lab had been found in an old farmhouse in the adjoining county and he asked me a rhetorical question.

"Why didn't we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?"

I replied, I had a drug problem when I was young: I was drug to church on Sunday morning. I was drug to church for weddings and funerals. I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather.

I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults. I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the preacher, or if I didn't put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me.

I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profanity.
I was drug out to pull weeds in mom's garden and flowerbeds and help dad with our 'projects'.

I was drug to the homes of family, friends and neighbors to help out some poor soul who had no one to mow the yard, repair the clothesline, or chop some firewood; and, if my mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness, she would have drug me back to the woodshed.

Those drugs are still in my veins and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, or think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroin; and, if today's children had this kind of drug problem, North America would be a better place.

God bless the parents who drugged us....................

GaryG
12-13-2007, 08:44 PM
Tee, that is a fine post. I had a similar childhood but still drifted off into a psychedelic haze during the late 60s. Thank God that my parents' "drugs" were stronger as I overcame all of that to become the upstanding citizen that I am today. Well, reasonably upstanding anyway. Thanks again for that.....sure caused me to do some relecting.

Tee
12-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Thanks Gary, happy to see my post has what looks like a great deal of meaning for you.

Tee, that is a fine post. I had a similar childhood but still drifted off into a psychedelic haze during the late 60s. Thank God that my parents' "drugs" were stronger as I overcame all of that to become the upstanding citizen that I am today. Well, reasonably upstanding anyway. Thanks again for that.....sure caused me to do some relecting.

DJofSD
12-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Tee -- good post.

I believe one part which is different between then and now, as far as parenting goes, has to do with being a disciplinarian v. a best friend. And I do not mean some one that doles out punishment. I mean being a teacher and keeping the eye on the long term goal and not compromising on that by being concerned about whether you're "like" and "well thought of" or "not hurting the kids feelings."

Tee
12-15-2007, 04:09 AM
Thanks DJ

Tee -- good post.

I believe one part which is different between then and now, as far as parenting goes, has to do with being a disciplinarian v. a best friend. And I do not mean some one that doles out punishment. I mean being a teacher and keeping the eye on the long term goal and not compromising on that by being concerned about whether you're "like" and "well thought of" or "not hurting the kids feelings."

shanta
12-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Great post Tee.

Hits home for me in a lot of ways. Some very personal.

Thank you for that.
Richie

lilmegahertz
12-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Good post Tee. If we all got back to the basics then yes this would be a much better world.

Tee
12-15-2007, 06:33 PM
You are very welcome Richie.

Thanks,

Tee
Great post Tee.

Hits home for me in a lot of ways. Some very personal.

Thank you for that.
Richie

Tee
12-15-2007, 06:35 PM
TY lilmegahertz

Good post Tee. If we all got back to the basics then yes this would be a much better world.

spicytomato
12-15-2007, 07:18 PM
didnt have the money

and with not having the drugs to clogg my mind to go
steal the money for drugs, i knew i would go straight
to haydes if i stole for them so never happen

another thing

when i was young it was the heroin phase

the people i had to step over in the hallway was the same
folks i talked to daily
the life my brother saved from O.D one day was the one lost
in just one week to the same drug
if that dont keep you off them

try this one,,, while flying very high a school friend and the
rest of the girls were running to catch the train
she went under for thinking she wanted to run to the front
to experience her trip to the fullest
it was an elevated train, her pieces fell down on the traffic below:eek:
we were 14

oh yeah , and one day my friend said , her boyfriend died from drugs
please come to funeral, i did, when i looked up as she walked to touch
him , i realized it was my best cousin, pete, blows the mind(same girl)
shortly before her own drug death

drugs, hey , when i wake up and my mind is all clear
and aint a bunch of people in there , its a good day

have no clue who would want to do to thier brain
all that i seen and experienced ......ack

forgettaboutit...........just my point of view tho
dont let me stop ya