PDA

View Full Version : nEw YaWk saTuRDay 1 /eighteen /ohhh three

Suff
01-18-2003, 12:32 AM
race 1

#1... I'm a Goer (5-1)... Nice 35.1 from the gate. 3rd best of 16.. that raises the question? Who the heck were the other two horses that ran SUB 35? Gotta get on that after I work this card. Or maybe one of My PA Pal's has the workout info Jan 10 at Belmont? This one looks VERY LIVE!!

#2 Rock Sez win (12-1) Did'nt Tom post a thread that Morales is a real 2nd time out trainer? Could interpret that, that he's good with young horses.. or the fact that he's 0-11 with firsters could mean.. this one's in for the experience. Does have the stats I like to see with Firsters... Mommy's Dropped 4 ... All 4 have won. the Dec Gate work is sharp,, but otherwise,, works are a lil light for a horse debuting at this level... Gonna Toss.

#3 Desulotory (6-1) Hurrikanes favorite Jockey.....ONE for Forty Eight Dennis Carr. The horses Beyers interest me. I'm interested in any horse that debuts with a 69. Has faced some nice horses.. and his worst race was from Breaking in the 12 hole going a mile on the grass... keeping in my radar...His work of Dec 11 was a nice one... then he caught Allysweep and did'nt run too bad....and his last work is something I can build on as well....

#4 Jayar (10-1) Mckee up... and it looks like we're stuck with this kid in Ny for awhile... I'll reserve Judgment after One Belmont meet and ONE saratoga meet.. We'll see how good he is when he catch's the likes of The Bailey-Prado-Velasquez Trifecta. I'm a lil resentful at the mounts he got , that he did'nt earn... Remember Dunkelberger came up from the Mid-atlantic Circuit and Got BUTT-NUTHIN despite being a proven rider. This Kid got treated like royalty out of the gate... Ok,,, back to his horse.. who I like a lil.... Fractions on last two half's are very fast.. Looks like he has a lil tactical gear developing... and when your looking at finals in 25 flat and 25.2... third start likley improve... Looks to me like he'll be close enough to make a call at the top stretch... Coming off a brief Freshening with two works,,, could show more ooomph when it counts.

#5 New York Hero.. (12-1)... Working steady and I like J. Pederson.. although she's Not having a good meet.. and the name will draw some Funny money... The most interesting part of this horse is that it was a $6000 yearling that somone turned around and paid $135 Grand for as a 2 year old? Bullet work on display from last week... I'm not using though. 3 furlong work is dull and despite the couple of nice ones,,, Most of them dull me. Such as the 5f in 105. 3 4f's in 49's and one in 50...

#6 Johhny Box (15-1)... here might be the Value,,, I expect they forget that this horse was bet to 12-1 in his debut.. and that he broke poorly and his FIRST call was 7th of 12 horses,, but between the 2nd and third furlong marker he rushed up to challenge the leaders... Tom was pointing out that YP Five horse in an ealier race and that race May turn out some nice winners. Trainer does well (13%) with 2nd starters and gets LASIX... I'm using on some tickets IF they ignore.. and I think they will... I won't accept less than the morning line.... I like the fact they squeezed a work in as well.

#7 Golden wave (3-1) This one strikes me more like the one to beat.. than the 8-5 ML Favorite #8. Everything smells right for a HUGE effort... hot trainer,.,, Hot Jockey... Two MONSTER bullets.. If he can just get out a lil better,,, he'll be unstoppable.. saw some pretty fast fractions in last 1/4's.....

#8 Courting Concorde (8-5) Can't get excited about this one.. I guess when a horse gives up a 10 lengths in a furlong.. I just can't see him being installed at 8-5 here.. despite the 73 beyer and the fcat the winner probably earned an 85 ish... I wonder if he even clears this feild from out here.. Onlt two races but looks to me like WINS off the lead or has no chance.. Has some very very quick works. the last was the first race in 6 months,, so has right to carry speed longer.. But 10 lengths longer? Worthy Candidtate.. but not at that price for me...

I'm using the 7-1-6....

Derek2U
01-18-2003, 11:27 AM
Nice analyses Sufferin ... and I do agree that #7 is primed.
My only contribution to yours is this: I think Early Speed is
a 3-way from #1 and #4 and #8. That being so, #7 will benefit,
#8, the FAV will suffer, and #1 and #4 remain mysteries.
I don't fancy an over-bet #8, specially when he blew a lead,
on a wet track last race, with gate boy Lopez. On the + side,
he raced w/out fronts and that was a good sign.