PDA

View Full Version : Frank's Revenge

Spectacular Sid
12-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Thoroughbred Times had very good coverage couple weeks ago about the firing of Lou Raffetto from Pimlico and Laurel, thanks to John Scheinman of the Washington Post. There were some very strong words spoken in defense of Raffetto and against Stronach in the coverage.

Anyone notice that Stronach's farm has not run an advertisement in Thoroughbred Times since the stories ran? I guess it may be Frank's revenge for them having the nerve to tell the other side of the story.

cj
12-13-2007, 03:22 AM
Somehow, I think TT will survive.

King Ritchie
12-13-2007, 07:22 AM
And I think Frank will survive too.

cj
12-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Frank will undoubtedly survive. His racing business is another matter though.

jma
12-13-2007, 09:14 AM
And I think Frank will survive too.

Frank will survive due to the restorative powers of his energy drink, but his racetracks (the thing we care about, ya know) are looking very ill.

onefast99
12-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Maybe Rafetto comes back to NJ!

alhattab
12-13-2007, 10:28 PM
Could be a chance for that OneFast. Dowd may ride off into the sunset after the BC and it would be a coup for NJ to pick up Raffetto

northerndancer
12-14-2007, 10:53 AM
The industry is so hostage by any and all sources of revenue...... TT & Blood Horse have very rarely spoken out against the ones that feed them....... if you stand a stallion and purchase a large ad campaign they will not bite that hand....

Frank's son had a corporation that served the industry file for bankruptcy protection and the supposed news organization that services the industry failed to even mention this new worthy event.

Spectacular Sid
12-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Frank's son had a corporation that served the industry file for bankruptcy protection and the supposed news organization that services the industry failed to even mention this new worthy event.

What company was that? Did it involve scantily-clad young ladies? And which news organization failed to cover it?

northerndancer
12-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Futuristic Entertainment i.e. Hot Walkers ...... there was never a mention by any industry publication...... Thoroughbred Times...... nope...... Blood Horse...... nope...... Hoof Beats...... nope..... Mid Atlantic Thoroughbred..... nope..... The Game.....nope...... zippo zilch nada....... never a mention and you would figure that the largest owner of racetracks which the son is on each license would have been a news worthy story.