PDA

View Full Version : MLB Signings

harnesslover
12-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Some things today:

Aaron Rowand signs with Giants for 5 years

Pettite signs 1 year $16 mill with Yanks

Miguel Tejada traded to Astros for 5 players

Not sure if this is confirmed or not, but by tomorrow, Santana traded to Sox for Elsbury and 3 other players. (Per WFAN)

Nothing earthshattering, except the last one and that's not been confirmed.

ldiatone
12-12-2007, 04:31 PM
how about the rumor in the 'burg is jason bay, e. nady and morris to SD for their catcher(name?) and some prospects> welcome to minor league baseball
here in the burg. GO STEELERS!

harnesslover
12-12-2007, 04:53 PM
how about the rumor in the 'burg is jason bay, e. nady and morris to SD for their catcher(name?) and some prospects> welcome to minor league baseball
here in the burg. GO STEELERS!
I really feel bad for Pirate fans.. It's a shame their management doesn't give a crap about the fans enough to even make an effort to compete..

skate
12-12-2007, 05:22 PM
I really feel bad for Pirate fans.. It's a shame their management doesn't give a crap about the fans enough to even make an effort to compete..

small market

harnesslover
12-12-2007, 10:43 PM
small market

So is Florida and they have 2 world series titles in last 10 years

PaceAdvantage
12-13-2007, 12:27 AM
Wow....Red Sox Nation isn't going to like that one....or will they?

rrbauer
12-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Rowand goes into the division with the best pitching in the league and into a lineup that doesn't have any Utleys or Howards to sandwich him and get him better looks. At $12 mil per year (about twice what the Phils were paying him) SF must know something that I don't!

harnesslover
12-13-2007, 09:45 AM
Wow....Red Sox Nation isn't going to like that one....or will they?
If you are referring to Elsbury for Santana, tough call. Personally I think they should hold onto Elsbury, as he looks like the real deal.. However, I also thought they should have held onto Hanley Ramirez and not traded for Beckett.. But I guess the Sox did the right thing, even though Ramirez is probably on his way to being the best SS in baseball, they did get possibly the best pitcher in the game and hte world series MVP..

I don't think they need Santana to win it this year.. So I wouldn't give away young talent

harnesslover
12-13-2007, 09:46 AM
Rowand goes into the division with the best pitching in the league and into a lineup that doesn't have any Utleys or Howards to sandwich him and get him better looks. At $12 mil per year (about twice what the Phils were paying him) SF must know something that I don't!

The whole Rowand thing is a massive disappointment.. I don't blame the Phillies for not caving in and giving him 5 years. The guy is 30 and plays like a kamkazie, so injuries are likely with him.

It's a shame this guys leaves a division winner and one of the best teams in teh NL to go to one of the worst teams, with no shot of postseason. Moneywhoring at its finest.

skate
12-13-2007, 07:12 PM
So is Florida and they have 2 world series titles in last 10 years

makes the situation a little tuffer, since we already have a small market winner.
the fact that they won, is a surprise, because they do not have a great market.
so its not surprising for Pit to lose.

ya , we know about Fl, but they have an economy on the increase, while Pittsburg is closing.

ldiatone
12-14-2007, 05:25 PM
makes the situation a little tuffer, since we already have a small market winner.
the fact that they won, is a surprise, because they do not have a great market.
so its not surprising for Pit to lose.

ya , we know about Fl, but they have an economy on the increase, while Pittsburg is closing.
skate don't forget the "h'' at the end of the 'burgh.
and also, who cares if the market is small-med-lg. if a owner has money to spend, the owner can afford free agents and to spend his/hers money. plus, these so-called small markets are getting money back from the last collective bargining aggree't to spend on players OR/BUT are the owners putting the money back in their pockets or spending it on players as was the idea?

rrbauer
12-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Add Dan Haren to the list of quality throwers in the NL West.

harnesslover
12-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Add Dan Haren to the list of quality throwers in the NL West.

Yeah but what stinks is the AL got incredibly stronger and the NL did virtually nothing.

looks like another whitewash world series