PDA

View Full Version : 3 NEW BC Races for the Friday card

fmhealth
12-10-2007, 02:06 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/90909.html. Interesting additions.

Marshall Bennett
12-10-2007, 02:18 PM
The more the better !!! Anything to attract more exposure and get horse racing back on track . Wish they could make a whole week of it !!

BombsAway Bob
12-10-2007, 03:20 PM
The first thing that amazes me;
Did you see the FAILURE of a FRIDAY "Championship Race Day"???
Automatically racing loses over 50% of it's target audience; HELLO, MOST PEOPLE WORK on Friday Afternoon!
AT THE VERY LEAST, BREEDERS CUP FRIDAY SHOULD BE A "TWILIGHT RACING" Card, with a 3PM First Post!
SANTA ANITA would be the Perfect Place to Start it! About the NEW RACES~
* The TURF SPRINT was inevitable, since more tracks are carding the races since they're easier to fill!
This should be a "U.S." Dominated race;little interest from Overseas trainers.
*The Mile & A-Half Race being carded COULD have been a Very Interesting one with overseas shippers, but the embarrassing $500,000 purse will temper foreign trainers from coming over for short bucks(comparatively speaking).
The main benefit of this race existing; TRACKS WILL CREATE(or Re-Institute) 12 furlong stakes as Preps for this!
* Also, The 2YO Turf race will cause tracks to card route turf stakes for 2YO's as BC preps; A GOOD THING!

Robert Fischer
12-10-2007, 03:40 PM
12 furlongs on the Cushion track should be interesting.

shanta
12-10-2007, 03:49 PM
* Also, The 2YO Turf race will cause tracks to card route turf stakes for 2YO's as BC preps; A GOOD THING!

I don't think carding 2 year old route races in the summer/early fall is a good idea at all. These young ones need time to develop and mature. Too much pressure on them.

The longest any 2 yr old should ever race is 8 furlongs. Always this big rush man. For what? yea I know money. :ThmbDown:

My opinion anyway
Richie

stu
12-10-2007, 04:30 PM
12 furlongs on the Cushion track should be interesting.

I concur.

Now I have to try to find some purse money or a sponsor in order to try to offer a suitable prep.

onefast99
12-10-2007, 05:00 PM
I thought the Friday races were pretty cool. It gave everyone a look at what Saturday was going to be like. Very well done and a great job by the Breeders Cup committee. When they bring it back to Monmouth the weather will be much better!:D

OTM Al
12-10-2007, 05:00 PM
I actually find the 12f on dirt disappointing. Was hoping if they wanted a marathon to do 2 mi on the grass. Don't think there is enough distance differentiation with the Classic to attract any horses of quality for this whereas distance race on the grass would appeal to quality foreign horses as well as hopefully encouraging our breeders to go a little longer in the genetics.

kenwoodallpromos
12-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Most interesting:
"The committee and Breeders’ Cup officials hope the Dirt Marathon at 1 ½ miles will lead to the creation of a pattern of long distance races on the main track."
I applaud racing for trying to build some stamina back into TBreds.

point given
12-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Bombs Away Bob wrote"

"
* The TURF SPRINT was inevitable, since more tracks are carding the races since they're easier to fill!
This should be a "U.S." Dominated race;little interest from Overseas trainers.

I think there might be some interest from the euros for the turf sprint. Isn't there the July cup ? Check out the names of a few past winners !

What will be interesting is the SA downhill turf course which crosses the dirt. with a tough final turn. Local jock experience will be at a premium here.

http://www.newmarketracecourses.co.uk/summer/11787214584240.html

the little guy
12-10-2007, 07:30 PM
I, for one, can hardly wait to see Malibu Moonshine and Successful Affair square off in a BC race. God knows they've been deserving, yet unrecognized, champions for quite some time. Hopefully Night Light can make the race as well.

And the BC Turf Sprint!!!! Oh yeah.....nothing like a race for horses too slow to win in any established division competing in yet another championship race in a country with not a single divisional race above a Grade 3. And the Euros will be pouring in for the race.....especially if they're not eligible and need to be supplemented for 20% of the purse. It's about time Quietly Mine got a chance to be recognized.

Boy, the BC really has its finger squarely on the pulse of racing. The only problem, of course, is their lack of a pulse makes it hard to determine what a pulse really feels like.

cj
12-11-2007, 03:56 AM
The new races last year already hurt the Sprint and the Classic with smaller fields than normal. This whole thing sucks.