PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita 7th

cj
01-17-2003, 06:58 PM
The 10 is being WAY overbet. She beat pure garbage, is subject to the "Euro-bounce", and draws the 10 post in a mile race.

I wish I could say I loved someone in here, but it appears very evenly matched. I'm going to lean towards the 3 and box the 2, 3, and the 9.

CJ

cj
01-17-2003, 07:15 PM
Was dead wrong about the 10, she won easy :(

CJ

Suff
01-17-2003, 09:24 PM
You may have been wrong... But unless your broke.... You aint dead.... Keep plugging.... your good... You'll get um.

On that note.... I admire anyone... (IrishLad,, Keilan, Gr1, Formula, Tee it up, boris, Myself and everyone else) That posts selections...How many guys.. at this very moment on this site are arguing about systems, and books, and theories... When we are out here LAYING it on the line... I don't care :

who you are...

how many books you've written..

who you know...

how many books your mentioned in...

what software you've written

NONE of that impress's me

You got the canoliis to post your picks and take the heat when they go bust.. You got courage in my mind. And when the storms come... Books don't stand up,... Courage does.

Show Me the Wire
01-17-2003, 09:46 PM
Sufferindowns:

Query, have you noticed any of your mutuals decreasing on your selections posted on this site? it seems you your selections do well and I was wondering if you noticed a difference in your pricessince you have been posting.

I do not wager on your circuit and I have no idea if people are using your selections. I enjoyed your comment about walking around with a sign at the track, but the web is different.

Myself, I was surprised that yesterday Alto Maestro went off at 3:1. I basically gave out a lock and he odds went up. Maybe I threw everyopne off the good wager because of my selection in the first, but hey he finished 2nd and beat the chalk.

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

The more I experience the less I know.

Suff
01-17-2003, 10:02 PM
I think it would be awfully EGOtistic to think so? Don't you? But I have noticed that many of the Horses I have given away in the last two weeks have been bet down Heavy? I mean HALF or more off thier morning line.....It would not be out of the question that perhaps a couple of whales have latched onto my PRICE horses and drove odds down... Even when i'm way off... I can make a case for a horse that "Can sound" pretty convincing... remember last Sunday.. I made a case that I thought was SOOO Good.. on that 7 horse... I think I selected 7-5-10... BOTH the 7 and the 5 were bet WAY down... the 5 ran 2nd at 5-1 (12-1 morning line) the 7 was a 20-1 and went at 6-1 or maybe even 5-1... and I was wayyyyyyy wayyyyy off... The 7 had nothing to offer...

I have a good freind.. who's brother used to proclaim that he MOVED VEGAS" lines with his action.... I lent him 50 bucks last week to take his girlfriend out for a bite to eat.... Gambling is a Humbling racket.... Fron Moving Vegas Lines to borrowing a half a Buck from me lol.... I've had a few nice hits.. No doubt.. But I am just a PLUGGER.. trying to cap races and make a $$. I in no way think I can move an odds board at a NY track.

Show Me the Wire
01-17-2003, 10:14 PM
Sufferindowns:

Probably not the most appropriate place to continue this discussion, but what the heck. If you remember we had this discussion before and I was of the opinion giving selections out on the board may reduce your profits and that is the reason I ususally do not participate on a regular basis.

I am not saying I am right and I am not trying to convince you that you should not post your selections. I personally, have experienced my mutuals decrease at the track because others wager on my selections and I dread the the thought of having so many other people being able to do the same from the comfort of their homes. I just wondered if you started experiencing the same?

Please do not take this post as a negative and keep on posting your selections becuase you seem to enjoy the capping as well as the discussion.

For me it is not the wonderful Italian pastries it is the economics.

I will continue with a true story in the same vein in the off topic thread. I think you will enjoy it.

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

Nature acts without intent.

cj
01-17-2003, 10:28 PM
Couldn't you guys carry on this discussion on a thread where I picked a winner? :)

All kidding aside, the kind of people who bet blindly on others selections are probably not going to change the odds much in those huge New York or SoCal pools, IMO. You don't see me posting my picks for Penn National now, do ya? ;)

CJ

Show Me the Wire
01-17-2003, 10:51 PM
cjmilkowski:

My prices are usually depressed becuase I play doubles and pick 3s. Believe me in big pools $50. doubles and pick 3s depress returns.

I posted what happened during BC week at AP and how two winning tickets took a few thousand out of my pocket. I am not complaining because i freely shared the info with some well behave New Yorkers LOL.

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

Too much color blinds us.

Richard
01-18-2003, 06:05 PM
Suffrin'
Great post.You throw down one heck of a gauntlet.

Suff
01-18-2003, 07:38 PM
Yea I was feeling it a lil when I posted that... I was just trying to Boost up my Buddie CJ... Hate to see a guy thats willing to post his picks get to down on himself... Confidence to see and bet what you like is a HUGE part of the game.

I Like all the board... Takes different kinds of people to make up a community.. I was'nt trying to knock anyone's accomplishments or interests in the Horse Racing Business.

I've read a TON of handicapping books... and for me they're painful to read.. Sometimes its like Crawling through a pile of glass naked , just to get through them. I maybe get TWO angles from a 400 page book. I do like the way Steve Davidowitch Handicaps.. as I have been present a few times when he has broken races down. I've read and re-read his stuff... I like the guy too... very practical approach to horse racing.. and after all these years I get the impression he still just Loves the game.

Just like all of us in The PA community do!

SUFF

ponyplayer
01-18-2003, 08:35 PM
:cool:
I don't believe posts on any internet board bring the odds down, just think of the number of horseplayers around the world...I am sure more than a few of them know how to read a form, and more than a few bet more than most of us combined.
I admire anyone who has the courage to post a selection, but after all, we're supposed to be here to help and encourage, and debate with each other, aren't we?

keilan
01-18-2003, 10:00 PM
I agree Ponyplayer -- good players don't look to the internet for winners and guys that do use the net are probably small players. But I've been surprised before.

cj
01-18-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Sufferindowns
Yea I was feeling it a lil when I posted that... I was just trying to Boost up my Buddie CJ...
SUFF

Don't worry about me suff, I wasn't down. I just figured I toot my horn a little when I win, so I like to say when I lose as well.

I've given out many losers on this board, but I'm sure I'm still well in the green. I never have a confidence problem, that will doom you in this game!

:)

Later,
CJ

Show Me the Wire
01-18-2003, 11:59 PM
Why does it take courageto post a selection?

SUFFERINDOWNS THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU!!!!

Anyone can post a selection what courage does that take? Just because someone publishes a selection does not mean that someone actually wagers on the selection. Wagering on your selection takes courage and I am not talking $2.00 either.

Courage is walking up to the window and telling the teller to keep punching those high denomination tickets and standing silently when your horse wins, loses by a dirty nose, or worse yet runs up the track.

If you ask me and this is my opinion, read opinion, posting a pick on a board is an intellectual activity designed to boost egos or a great way to learn where you stand in the pecking order.

Sufferindowns, I know you wager on your picks and I respect you for backing up your opinion and everyone else who does it.

But if I am reading correctly Sufferindowns stated in his answer to me he has noticed his selections have been bet down more than usual lately.

Also, nobody has challenged my statement about the mutiple pick exotics, because I am right. Posting your picks will cost you money in the long run. This is a pari-mutual game, meaning you are betting against me and I am betting against you. Either you win or I win and if you win with me we both win less.

So please do not tell me posting picks on the internet or telling anyone about your picks will not depress your economic return.

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

Suff
01-19-2003, 10:53 AM
I'm not sure what the issue is SMTW.... We really don;t have threads like these in the selections section. You appearred on of my posts's asking me if "I" thought I depressed my mutuals. I said no. You then proceeded to tell me I was wrong.. That you knew better.. and I was. OK your opinion. But we're less opinionated here in selections section. And for the most part we Just talk about who's gonna win the next race.

ponyplayer
01-19-2003, 11:58 AM
Ditto to Suff.

WINMANWIN
01-19-2003, 10:28 PM
Unlike some people, Most like to help others.When it comes to money though, It's an EVIL WORLD, no question.I have been capping ponies for many yrs now, and I see obvious things daily,
UNFORTUNATELY AFTER A RACE COMPLETES, SOMETIMES.If suff, and others want to share there opinions, Thats great.Thats what the thread pertains to SELECTIONS.......This board is about opinions, and possibly learning different capping techniques.When
the cappers post there opinions, In my book, The odds are not being driven down.How many times do we like steeds that we thought would be an o.k. price sometimes, and see them go off as 2nd choice thinking we have a decent longshot.The public is
thinking the same way.At times we like 50 to 1 shots and the board doesn't move.Why because, The public doesn't like it, and most times they should be 50 to 1....lol !!! Anyway, I used to attend N.y. tracks often live for yrs, and always wagered at the $50 and $100 windows in the clubhouse.I used to follow some people daily, and hear what they would wager on and then report to my elders the move.THE OLDER GUYS WOULD TELL ME GET THE move, Whats the move.After reporting back to them with 1 minute to post in a 7 horse field I would have 5 different multiple $100 buck bets on the field......KEEP UP THE POSTS !
AND HAPPY CAPPING TO All !!!!!!!