PDA

View Full Version : My answer to PA's question

csmith
12-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Hi PA. fair question but before I answer let me tell you a little bit about me.
I'm sure you won't like my answer about showing my long term profits or losses
but here goes. I have been producing Tip Sheets ( Yes I know some of you don't like that term )
for a long time. I started out producing a tip sheet for Greyhound Racing. I have
been selling my Tip Sheet for over 20 years on track at Derby Lane in St. Petersburg
Florida. Derby Lane has long been known as the top Greyhound Track in the country.
I used to keep records on every performace, but it just got to be to time consuming.
It occured to me that the large database of customers was a much better way of indicating
how I was doing on my selections. If I didn't do well on my picks do you think the customers
would keep coming back for 20 years ??? Do you think Derby Lane would keep me for 20 years
if I didn't produce ?? I do not work for Derby Lane but I am an independant vendor
selling my sheets on the track at all the program stands..

A few years ago I expanded my operations to include Horse racing. I have been handicapping
and attending tracks for over 45 years, so horse racing is nothing new to me. I was around
to see Buckpasser, Ruffin and many other great horses, so I have been around for awhile.
I am using the same criteria for now to keep track of how I am doing with the horse selections as I have
been doing with the Greyhounds. My sales are growing every month, so I guess that is a
good indication of how my selections are doing. I give away more free information that you could imagine,
as I hope some on the forum will tell you. I believe in sharing with people. If I see people
sharing their info I do the same many, many, many times for free. I just hope some of the
people that I share with come forward to let you know that I give back to make this a better sport.

As far as Whobet. I share with him because I think he is a good guy just trying to help.
I have never met him personally but I hope our paths will cross someday.

In your one post you said you would like to see the ROI before you commit to buying a sheet.
I am sure this was just a little bit of sarcasim, because I know you are a very capable
handicapper and you don't need any help from me or anyone.

I plan in the very near future to get software to track the ROI and other information
so that I can keep better records.
So, thats it. I don't try to scam anyone as a matter of fact I tell people all the time
if you play everyone of my selections
you will probably be a loser in the long term. Everyone needs to do some of your own
handicapping and be very selective..I stress to everyone to look for and play overlays

PaceAdvantage
12-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the explanation. It's not exactly what I was looking for, but at least you let me know that WhoBet isn't using your picks without your authorization.

I will still look forward to a more detailed accounting of how your public selections do in the long run.

Let me ask one more question though....are the picks that WhoBet is posting for free here, also available for purchase? And if so, isn't that unfair to the people who are paying for your picks on trackexperts?

csmith
12-09-2007, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the explanation. It's not exactly what I was looking for, but at least you let me know that WhoBet isn't using your picks without your authorization.

I will still look forward to a more detailed accounting of how your public selections do in the long run.

Let me ask one more question though....are the picks that WhoBet is posting for free here, also available for purchase? And if so, isn't that unfair to the people who are paying for your picks on trackexperts?

Two thing to consider. Whobet provides a link to the paid site . When customers buy the selections they get an odds line for all the horse in the race. Whobet only shows the top rated horse. The people that pay get a lot more info.

whobet
12-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Two thing to consider. Whobet provides a link to the paid site . When customers buy the selections they get an odds line for all the horse in the race. Whobet only shows the top rated horse. The people that pay get a lot more info.

Yep,

I love his PACE data,

I even almost got Cliff believing in it.