PDA

View Full Version : Oprah - What a fraud

harnesslover
12-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Isn't it ironic that Oprah became a rich women feeding off of middle class white women? Then the first black candidate rolls around and she's right there to campaign for him.

She certainly has her right to spend her riches on who and what she wants and frankly, she backs who she backs, but kind of amazing she only gets involved when a black candidate rolls in..

PaceAdvantage
12-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Isn't it ironic that Oprah became a rich women feeding off of middle class white women? Then the first black candidate rolls around and she's right there to campaign for him.

She certainly has her right to spend her riches on who and what she wants and frankly, she backs who she backs, but kind of amazing she only gets involved when a black candidate rolls in..So what? It's not like she's had some amazing choices to back lately. Who was she supposed to get behind, Al Gore? :lol:

Or John Kerry??? :lol: :lol:

The way I see it, she's no fraud at all....IF she had gotten behind Al or Kerry like she's backing up Obama, then she might be a fraud in my book....

Dave Schwartz
12-09-2007, 04:47 PM
HarnessLover,

I must respectfully disagree with you on this issue.

What I see in Oprah is a successful, wealthy woman (okay, that's an understatement) who puts her money where her mouth is when it comes to causes. that she believes in

While I do not agree with her political choice (Obama) and some of her core values are in disagreement with mine, she is someone who has my utmost respect. She is making an effort with her own resources to change the world.

Were I as wealthy as her, I hope I would aspire to be as generous.

Just my opinion.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Marshall Bennett
12-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Frankly , I'd been a lot less impressed had she backed Hillary . If anyone is a fraud its Hillary !! Its only ironic that after all these years she makes such a huge endorsement and its a black candidate .

harnesslover
12-09-2007, 04:58 PM
HarnessLover,

I must respectfully disagree with you on this issue.

What I see in Oprah is a successful, wealthy woman (okay, that's an understatement) who puts her money where her mouth is when it comes to causes. that she believes in

While I do not agree with her political choice (Obama) and some of her core values are in disagreement with mine, she is someone who has my utmost respect. She is making an effort with her own resources to change the world.

Just my opinion.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

I don't disagree with the sentiment of putting your money where your mouth is, my main problem with her is that she overlooks the problems that are present right under her nose. She opens a school in south africa for black kids.. Great.. How about the education problems in the old US of A? And I am guessing there are SOME poor white kids in africa, LOL

I personally think she's a flat out racist.. But thats just my two cents

Dave Schwartz
12-09-2007, 05:26 PM
I certainly understand your point of view, although I disagree with it.

The people she helps need it. Are there others who need it? Sure. Are some closer to home? Yes.

We are very involved with a group at our church (Disciplers.Org). They reach out to people all over the world. Personally, like you, I say "Let's reach out closer to home first."

The fact that I would prefer to work here rather than there does not, IMHO, diminish a good deed from being a good deed.

As for racism - Oprah does help her race more than she does others. Indirectly, so does Bill Gates, whose cause is education. I wouldn't call him racist because of it.

But I really do see your point of view and how you could reach that point.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Tom
12-09-2007, 05:29 PM
She should help her own country first.
The very party she is backing is the cause of most porblems American Blacks face today. That she is backing a democrat makes me see her as not the best thing since sliced bread.

The Judge
12-09-2007, 06:11 PM
There have been many black canidates for President and to my knowledge Oprah didn't support any of them.

I have one question what's wrong with Oprah supporting Obama if nothing is wrong what is the problem? If "Oprah" is acting to Black for you have a problem. Oprah and Braynt Gumble two hell raising blacks if ever there where any. Are you kidding give it a break .

If she supported Condoleesza Rice,Clarence Thomas or some other right wing black canidate whose politics you agreed with you would have no problem with Oprah supporting them, now would you.

I can only assume that at least some of the white women that make up Oprahs support will be voting for Obama ,so I don't see how she is doing any harm to them do you.

JustRalph
12-09-2007, 06:13 PM
She should help her own country first.
The very party she is backing is the cause of most porblems American Blacks face today. That she is backing a democrat makes me see her as not the best thing since sliced bread.

Amen!!!

Sailwolf
12-09-2007, 06:18 PM

Just my opinion.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Which lottery did you hope to win?:lol:

Tom
12-09-2007, 06:19 PM
I can only assume that at least some of the white women that make up Oprahs support will be voting for Obama ,so I don't see how she is doing any harm to them do you.

She can support whever the hell she wants to its a free country. I think her candidate is a fool and she is thumbing her nose at the needy in her own back yard. Again, free country. Obama could be whiter than Snow White and he would still be a fool...he is a democrat! :lol::lol::lol:

The Judge
12-09-2007, 06:29 PM
She has helped here first, and continues to do so. She is helping some young girls in Africa and you all find fault in that. You can break it down further than here how help should be distributed according to your formula first you should help family members then , friends, neighbors, then your city, state, country, then outside your country.

Problem is most of us would only be able to help our immediate family. What about church, boyscotts, redcross, and on and on.

Most people try to do most for there immidate family then a little in other arenas, the same as Oprah.

jognlope
12-09-2007, 07:10 PM
I basically can't stand the woman, just her personality. To me, she's a con job.

jognlope
12-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Don't listen to me, I can't stand most women and I'm a woman!!

They get even, don't get mad.

They demand huge amounts of money in divorces, even though they didn't do anything to earn the money (excepting money for child support which is justified).

They play games.

They have darts in their eyes.

They are cagey.

Once in a while, a good one turns up, but not to be taken without a few grains of protection salt!!!

harnesslover
12-09-2007, 07:38 PM
There have been many black canidates for President and to my knowledge Oprah didn't support any of them.

I have one question what's wrong with Oprah supporting Obama if nothing is wrong what is the problem? If "Oprah" is acting to Black for you have a problem. Oprah and Braynt Gumble two hell raising blacks if ever there where any. Are you kidding give it a break .

If she supported Condoleesza Rice,Clarence Thomas or some other right wing black canidate whose politics you agreed with you would have no problem with Oprah supporting them, now would you.

Wow, you are making some strong assumptions there bub.. I am not sure what 'acting too black' means.. Can you please share with us what that implies?

PLease don't bring Bryant Gumble into this conversation. He's clearly a racist through and through and a whole different conversation. I could give 2 shits about him.

And lastly, I am not sure where I said she was doing any harm to me..

Doesn's seem like you even read what I wrote..

harnesslover
12-09-2007, 07:41 PM
[QUOTE=The Judge
Most people try to do most for there immidate family then a little in other arenas, the same as Oprah.[/QUOTE]

There's not enough publicity in helping your own country, which is why she's ventured out to more 'hot button' areas.

She didn't become rich by doing things under the radar, she's a media whore.. Most of them are.

(and before you slap the racist pig title on me, when I referenced 'them' I mean celebrities)

Grits
12-09-2007, 08:01 PM
These are really unkind things to say. Apparently, there is resentment here due, maybe, to observation or mistreatment somewhere in the past. And that can have great influence on our thinking.

Jognlope, I have found the following throughout my life.

(1) Smart women don't have to get even. Nor are they unkind. They're comfortable and confident in their on skin and with their decision making. Plus, most often, they use good judgement, and are slower to anger.

(2) I'm divorced, after 30 some years of marriage. I didn't demand anything. I didn't have to. Still I got, and rightfully so, 50% of all marital assets. Plus, I still remain in business, 50/50 controlling interest equally, with my former husband. Life goes on. Two may not be together in marriage until death do us part, but I can assure you it can be worked out if the two want--to do exactly that. Marriage too, is BUSINESS.

(3) I don't play games. I find a sense of humor carries one further. Its more beneficial. Generally speaking, men and women alike, conduct themselves this way at times, life can be dull now and then, role playing happens--this behavior is not exclusive to women only.

(4) I have no idea what darts in one's eyes means.

(5) Women can be cagey. Again, so can men. Even, children and teens are subject to the same, when attempting to get their way. Its known as "passive aggressive behavior". And its quite dominant in many individuals.

(6) I am sorry that you find your own gender so reprehensible. I've known many good, caring, remarkable women in my lifetime, so far. Just as I have known men that are the same.

I hope your feelings soften with time.

Don't listen to me, I can't stand most women and I'm a woman!!

They get even, don't get mad.

They demand huge amounts of money in divorces, even though they didn't do anything to earn the money (excepting money for child support which is justified).

They play games.

They have darts in their eyes.

They are cagey.

Once in a while, a good one turns up, but not to be taken without a few grains of protection salt!!!

Marshall Bennett
12-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Remember when Oprah invited thugs from the Rodney King riots to appear on her show . They were given amnesty , free of prosecution , just to appear and explain their hatred of whites . Oprah a racist ??? naaaahhhhh ..... no way !!!!

Grits
12-09-2007, 08:24 PM
Not anyone on this messageboard is in the position to have any knowledge whatsover, outside of that which is published, about Oprah Winfrey's philanthropy--the extent of it, or the lack of it.

Being discussed and bantered about is here is her work, her building of a school for young women in South Africa. THAT is the only project being noted. That is only one of many.

Here's a small suggestion.

Before anyone else chooses to use this woman's name and the word whore in the same sentence again. Google these three words:

Oprah's Angel Network

I think it will allow for a great deal of clarity and I hope some of you learn from the reading that her generosity began many years ago; and today, is not only nationwide, but worldwide.

The Judge
12-09-2007, 09:26 PM
You called the lady a "fraud "you said that she backed the 1st black canidate to come along and know you have trouble with my reply. As already pointed out there have been many Black Canidates for President and she didn't endorse any of them. Why now, becuase of the times we are in.

O.K how about you interpret your "own" post. Why is she a fraud ? What other canidate for President did she come out and support no one. Now that she does you want to roast her. You just don't like her so rather then just saying that you try and come up with a reason.

I can't remember the last time I voted for a mainstream canidate. They are all lairs and professioanl politicans whose only concern is being re-elected .Democratic politicans and Republican politicans have more in common with each other then they do with me and I think the American people. Why should she have come out for someone she didn't trust or believe in

Let me explain further in the past no matter who won for President the basic freedoms were safe. Because of the times we are in with the Patriot Act and other resolutions basic freedoms are at risk. Congress gave away basic rights of the American people to the President of the United States. Congress passed bills that gave away your and my rights without even reading what was in the bills they just sign it. Now people like Oprah are concern it makes perfect sense to me.

Now it matters a great deal who is President because the last one thought he had the right to arrest United States citizens and keep them in jail forever without taking them before a judge or charging them with a crime, they weren't entitled to speak to a lawyer. Wire tapping a United States citizen was legal without going to FISA court a court set-up to make the tap legal and they had never refused a wire tap request, torture was acceptable. This all has angered former consevatives as well as others, strict Constutionlist are still in shock.

Tom
12-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Hey Judge...you're supposed to wait until it's over before you re-write history!
:lol::lol::lol:

Dave Schwartz
12-09-2007, 09:49 PM
I can't remember the last time I voted for a mainstream canidate. They are all lairs and professioanl politicans whose only concern is being re-elected .Democratic politicans and Republican politicans have more in common with each other then they do with me and I think the American people.

Judge,

Bravo!

This is the root of the American political "problem."

Dave

ljb
12-10-2007, 02:29 AM
Judge,

Bravo!

Dave
Mr. Schwartz

Bravo!

I was not going to post in this thread because of all the hatred and anger being displayed but, when I saw your reply to judge I had to post my agreement.

harnesslover
12-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Plus, most often, they use good judgement, and are slower to anger.

Try being married to an Italian women.. Then post this comment

harnesslover
12-10-2007, 09:27 AM
[QUOTE=The Judge]Why should she have come out for someone she didn't trust or believe in

QUOTE]

Ok, I can live with this answer.. However, I want you to inform me of why she trusts Obama and believes in Obama. And I want you to show me how this differed from any other candidate in the past.

the ball is in your court..

harnesslover
12-10-2007, 09:30 AM
Mr. Schwartz

Bravo!

I was not going to post in this thread because of all the hatred and anger being displayed but, when I saw your reply to judge I had to post my agreement.

The only hatred being displayed is from Oprah's mouth.. She did call us 'good white folks'.. Gee, thanks Oprah.

GaryG
12-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Try being married to an Italian women.. Then post this comment:lol: :lol: :lol:

Grits
12-10-2007, 09:52 AM
Try being married to an Italian women.. Then post this comment

:lol:LOLOL:lol:

Last night, when I went to sleep, I was a female. This morning upon waking . . . still am.

So . . . don't think I'll be marrying any woman, Italian or otherwise.:faint:

harnesslover
12-10-2007, 10:03 AM
:lol:LOLOL:lol:

Last night, when I went to sleep, I was a female. This morning upon waking . . . still am.

So . . . don't think I'll be marrying any woman, Italian or otherwise.:faint:

Last night, I went to sleep married to an Italian woman, I woke up married to that same Italian women. Then she yelled at me for not making the bed.

Tom
12-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Judge,
Bravo!
Dave

It’s worse than that, Dave.
We now have 5 branches of government:

1) The Executive branch – basically, two stooges bought and paid for by corporate America.

2) The Legislative branch – 100 senators, all bought and paid for by corporate America and 435 representatives, all bought and paid for by corporate America.

3) The Judicial branch – a Supreme (oxymoron?) Court, 9 old, senile geezers, in office for life,out of touch with the real world, accountable to no one, with no real checks or balances on their decisions. and the new branches, outside of the constitution, but by far the two most powerful branches:

4) Corporate America, globally horizontally organized, with limited ties to or concerns for America, they integrate with the congress and executive branch through lobbyists. They have replaced the people as the focus of the government. If you have $2 billion, you can acquire some small percentage of the lobbyist’s stranglehold on our elected officials, but the catch-22 is that is you have $2 billion, your are already part of them! Any legislation, executive orders, regulations, etc, passed by the government are with the approval, if not written by, Corporate America. CA exist to increase itself. There are no rules it will not break, no people it will not crush or enslave to reach it’s goals. Slavery, poverty, lack of education, controlled information are all the hallmarks of corporate America.

5) The American media. We have no free press any more – all press outlets are controlled bya vital few, and the stories they select to focus on set the agenda for government. They purposely bury stories about the real issues we face and put forth only wedge issues. They want us to believe that one party is going to stand up four our beliefs and keep us focused on how bad the other party is. Their cute little trick of pitting a democrat and a
republican against each other on wedge issues on their broadcasts is designed to brainwash us into buying the lies. Buy the premise, buy the bit. They prey on emotion rather than facts. They feature ridiculously moronic stories on a daily basis to reinforce the horrible public education they provide. (Here’s a clue – if a network has ever run a story on OJ, Paris, or Britney, it is NOT a news network). If you have been covering a kidnapping in some banana republic island for over a year, you are seriously NOT a news person.

What we have is not a democracy, not a republic, but street magic. Slight of hand. The three official branches deflect our attention while the two real branches pick pockets.

Show Me the Wire
12-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Back to Oprah. It is my opinion, Oprah is backing Obama because of he rivalry with Babs (Striessand). Babs is backing Sen. H. Clinton. There is no love lost between Oprah and Babs.

Babs guested on an Oprah show and completely took control, to the extent of having one of Oprah's microphones painted white. You see Babs will only performs with a white microphone and all the microphones at Harpo productions were black so Babs commanded, with out Oprah's approval, one of the microphones be painted white. This among other things did not sit well with Oprah.

Oprah has not forgotten Babs power play and is retaliating through her endorsement of the Sen. of her current home state. The endorsements embody an ego struggle between two large ego's. And Oprah doesn't want to lose.

Tom
12-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Oh my GAWD!!!!!!
Duleing divas! Just what we need!

Dave Schwartz
12-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Tom,

I agree with you, only more so.

Corporate America is the tail that wags the dog. Unfortunately, we (the voting public) are not smart enough to see it.

Harness,

You know, this thread that you started is a bit closer to home than I thought. As Beth and I discussed it yesterday, we finally came to agreement with you about the fact that, were a white person to bend over backwards all the time for whites, we would be called racist.

Every time I am at the local Borders store I check out the magazine rack for a.i. stuff articles. In that same section are the business mags. Do you suppose a publisher would be called "racist" if he created a magazine called, White Businessman?

Although I continue to give her credit for her generosity and good deeds, it is undeniable that her actions, if done by a white person for white people, would be labelled "racist."

Thank you for educating me.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

harnesslover
12-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Every time I am at the local Borders store I check out the magazine rack for a.i. stuff articles. In that same section are the business mags. Do you suppose a publisher would be called "racist" if he created a magazine called, White Businessman?

Or White Miss America, or 'WET' (as opposed to BET)...

Not to get off topic, but the one thing that always bugs me is when a black person contributes to the black community only, it's called 'taking care of your own', when a white person does it, its called being racist.

Could you imagine if Bill Gates opened a school in Louisiana for poor white kids only? That's his prerogative, right? Should be looked upon as a good deed, helping out poor kids? Holy shit, he would get BLASTED for that.. Jesse and Al would be all over him like a fly on shit..

It's just not fair, that's all.

ljb
12-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Tom,

I agree with you, only more so.

Corporate America is the tail that wags the dog. Unfortunately, we (the voting public) are not smart enough to see it.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz
Mr. Schwartz,
Again we are in total agreement.
Who ever said folks with opposite political views cannot agree ?
Carry on Mr. Schwartz, carry on.
Respectfully,
ljb
ps Racism is alive and well in America and the door swings both ways.

The Judge
12-10-2007, 12:05 PM
Its not what "I" see, its obvious that "she" trusts him or she thinks he is the best out there. I said the reason she came out for anyone now is because of the times we are in. If Bush had been satified with just stackig the Superme Court and doing small power grabs as past Presidents she may not have come out for anyone.

Then again it could be as simple as Show Me The Wire say of course I've seen Babs with black mikes on many occassion.

Tom I agreed with your post and its a good one.
\
Moving On

You don't need products that say "white" its understood its white. Buisness Week is a white male publication why in the world would you have to put "White Buisness World" its understood.

Black Business or Black Enterprise is to let you know whats going on in that segment of the economy. Where do you all live certainly not in the United States you are in some imaginary world. Race still matters here a great deal as can be seen by harnesslover post its all about race and now you are shocked because others know it. What if Bill Gates open up a school for whites only. What if Oprah opened up a school for blacks only.

Where has she done that? First of all I though I saw some white childeren in the school I know it not 100% African I know I saw some East Indians . Next if you are trying to help the girls that can't go to school or good schools because of money, in "Africa", what color do you think those childern would be. You are being silly now. Even it were done randomly it would be largely black you are in "AFRICA". Go to Ireland and open up a school for the poor and what color do you think the kids will be that show-up? Now you are upset that Africans show up in Africa. Give me a break.

harnesslover
12-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Where has she done that? First of all I though I saw some white childeren in the school I know it not 100% African I know I saw some East Indians . Next if you are trying to help the girls that can't go to school or good schools because of money, in "Africa", what color do you think those childern would be. You are being silly now. Even it were done randomly it would be largely black you are in "AFRICA". Go to Ireland and open up a school for the poor and what color do you think the kids will be that show-up? Now you are upset that Africans show up in Africa. Give me a break.

It's hopeless, you just don't get it..

harnesslover
12-10-2007, 12:30 PM
[QUOTE=The Judge]Its not what "I" see, its obvious that "she" trusts him or she thinks he is the best out there. QUOTE]

How is this obvious to you? And how would this differ from someone saying 'it's obvious that she is only backing Obama because he is black'?

They're both simple observations without any supporting information, aren't they? How is one an more right or wrong than the other?

I simply asked you to give me the reasons why she trusts him and believes in him and all you could give me is your observation. Well, guess what, we all have observations..

Show Me the Wire
12-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Ah but I am giving facts about the Oprah and Babs ego power struggle. Oprah was so offended by Babs' behavior that Oprah had Kathy Griffin, a hate mongering person, on as a guest to gossip and make fun of Babs. Oprah usually does not promote that particular style of vile humor and said so, but she made an exception for Babs. Additionally, Oprah specifically referred to the black to white microphone incident.

harnesslover
12-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Ah but I am giving facts about the Oprah and Babs ego power struggle. Oprah was so offended by Babs' behavior that Oprah had Kathy Griffin, a hate mongering person, on as a guest to gossip and make fun of Babs. Oprah usually does not promote that particular style of vile humor and said so, but she made an exception for Babs. Additionally, Oprah specifically referred to the black to white microphone incident.

SMTW, I don't discount your comments.. However, let's say Babs does back Clinton, and let's also say, for arguments sake that Obama is not in this race and the only other options are Kerry and Edwards.. Do you see her backing one of them, just to battle Babs?

jognlope
12-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Grits, I have seen glimmers of that feminine virtue, but only glimpses. I'm not a total lost case, can name two women who are jewels, but I still owe one $200 and I better pay up or she'll be gone with the wind. Why did I write that? Bad early childhood experience with women that arises from my subconscious to my conscious whenever I have life stress... and sometimes just feel like blowing off my mouth. ... hey this site is therapy of sorts .... anyway thanks for your response.

Grits
12-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Grits, I have seen glimmers of that feminine virtue, but only glimpses. I'm not a total lost case, can name two women who are jewels, but I still owe one $200 and I better pay up or she'll be gone with the wind. Why did I write that? Bad early childhood experience with women that arises from my subconscious to my conscious whenever I have life stress... and sometimes just feel like blowing off my mouth. ... hey this site is therapy of sorts .... anyway thanks for your response.

And I hope those childhood experiences will be far, far, in the rearview mirror one day Sweetheart. They're hard to surmount, but we do live beyond them.

Take good care.

Show Me the Wire
12-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Maybe, but Obama is the perfect fit, an up and coming black candidate that wowed the masses, at the last Democratic convention, with his unity speech and he is from her current home town.

In fairness to Oprah, she has been generous with the poorer black children in this country too. However, she became disillusioned when she noticed the children were more interested in receiving a pair of Air Jordans than an education. She was sold on the idea that the poor African children, especially girls, would embrace the opportunity for an education, in order to bring about the end of female oppression on the continent.

But that is not working out to well either, with the allegations of abuse and the children's general unhappiness being involved structured environments, some children have been referring to the schools as prisons.

Dave Schwartz
12-10-2007, 12:59 PM
LJB,

You put me in a position here that I do not enjoy being in: you force me to comment on your perception of our disagreement. That means I have to discuss your treatment of others; you as a person. That makes me look like a guy who thinks it is his job to run around correcting everyone, which is not true. I am simply tired of being whipped by your opinions at every opportunity.

You seem to think our disagreement is about politics; about the difference between our beliefs. That is simply not the case.

I am going to say this just one time and really try my best to resist the urge to comment back.

I have no problem with your political views.

I may not agree with them, but I have no problem with them. They are, after all, your views.

My problem is that you deliver those views in an anti-social manner.

You ram those views down everyone's throats all the time, even when the topic doesn't call for it.

When you go over to someone's house for dinner, do you constantly turn the conversation to your hate Bush agenda? I am reasonably certain that you do not. I assume that in a setting with your friends and family you are a pleasant and social creature (to one degree or another). I assume that you do not force people to hear your point of view over and over.

If I am wrong, I doubt that you get very many dinner offers.

Why can you not treat this community with the same etiquette?

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Dave Schwartz
12-10-2007, 01:10 PM
HarnessLover,

Could you imagine if Bill Gates opened a school in Louisiana for poor white kids only? That's his prerogative, right? Should be looked upon as a good deed, helping out poor kids? Holy shit, he would get BLASTED for that.. Jesse and Al would be all over him like a fly on shit..

You are absolutely correct.

I was having dinner one night with an acquaintance who happens to be black. It was back in the days of the O.J. trial. He insisted that the only reason O.J. was arrested was his skin color.

I thought he was kidding and laughed at what he said. The more I laughed, the more angry he got to the point where he threatened to punch me. (He was, at the time a current WBA champion, so I probably wouldn't have liked the result.)

My point is that he was deadly serious. He embraced the Sharpton position which appears to be, "all black arrests are the result of racism."

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Grits
12-10-2007, 01:27 PM
And Dave this same sentiment continues, and plays out today. Matter of fact, its rampant. Listen to the comments of the black community regarding, Michael Vick, Barry Bonds, etc, etc. I don't care who it is, celebrity, sports figure, or the neighborhood home boy.

"Its not his fault. It was his raising. He came from a single parent household, his daddy wasn't there."

"The law is just using blacks as targets, as examples."

"There's always been dogfighting in the South. Its a sport those people have always been involved in." --Whoopi Goldberg on Michael Vick

(And the biggest crock of crap I've ever heard in my life. Having lived here all my life, and never seen a damn dogfight!)

The above is not based on opinion; this is based on reporting of statements quoted by those who support these individuals, simply, because they are African American.

JustMissed
12-10-2007, 01:38 PM
I was at a party one night and some people were discussing the same things you guys are talking about, reverse racism or black racism.

One lady said something to the effect "Sometimes I wish white people would organize and start looking after themselves for a change".

An older, highly educated gentlemen replied "The have, they just don't talk about it" and coyly walked away.

I gave his comment great thought and finally understood what he was saying.

JM

harnesslover
12-10-2007, 01:40 PM
My point is that he was deadly serious. He embraced the Sharpton position which appears to be, "all black arrests are the result of racism."

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

And that is why Sharpton and Jesse are a total joke.. They don't bring to light racial issues and try to improve them, they instead create hatred in the minds of black people and thus further widen the gap between the races.

I certainly don't think Oprah helps widen the race gap, but she certainly doesn't help it either.. And frankly, it's not her job to do so..

Tom
12-10-2007, 01:42 PM
The problem is that everyone has an excuse. No one takes repsonsibility for themselves anymore. That was one of the things that drew me to the republicans ( stopping short of registering, however). One of the hallmarks of conservatism was supposed to be accountablility for one's actions.
Problem was, in practice, very few republicans ever practiced it.:mad:
And the dems never did.:rolleyes:

People like Sharpton and Jackson use race as a wedge issue to push the victim attitudes, because without that thinking, they would not be needed.
Politics aside, is Black people want people to help them and to be role models, find out who grabbed Clarence Thomas's ear, or Condi Rice's ear. Obvioulsy they were not trampled down by the man. I just do not accept the idea that so few Black people can escape poverty or graduate high school. It is not possible. And it is very insulting to try to make them believe it.

harnesslover
12-10-2007, 01:46 PM
I was at a party one night and some people were discussing the same things you guys are talking about, reverse racism or black racism.

One lady said something to the effect "Sometimes I wish white people would organize and start looking after themselves for a change".

An older, highly educated gentlemen replied "The have, they just don't talk about it" and coyly walked away.

JM

The bottom line is that I think there is a miconception about what looking after your own 'kind' means..

It shouldn't mean that you have to blindly agree with or back your own race, regardless of whether it's right or wrong. That is the notion that I think creates a HUGE racial divide.. The OJ thing was glaring.. 99% of white people wanted him guilty, 99% of black people wanted him free.. How many of those people really felt the way they did b/c of the circumstances of the case and how many of them felt that way because he was the same color or not the same color as them?

I think Chris Rock said it pretty clearly (albeit not so eloquently, LOL).. He said when he's watching the news and there is a murder he said black people are saying "please don't be a black guy" and the white people are saying "it's probably a black guy"

It was a joke, but I think it's more truthful then we would like to admit.

46zilzal
12-10-2007, 02:36 PM
. The OJ thing was glaring.. 99% of white people wanted him guilty, 99% of black people wanted him free..
You forgot to add the large percentage of people who did not treat it like a tennis match and just did not give a poop.

Marshall Bennett
12-10-2007, 02:38 PM
I went to " Bab's " web site once ... only once . What a joke !! This is a scorned woman with a serious attitude malfunction . She would truely like to see all Republicans burn in hell and everyone else bend over and kiss her ass !!

Show Me the Wire
12-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Oprah is not the bending over type. ;)

Tom
12-10-2007, 02:50 PM
I don't really care what color or sex the next president is, or what religion HE is :rolleyes: , I only wanna know how he is going to secure the border, and when, how he is going to stop the loss of manufacturing jobs, and when, how he is going to fix SS and when, how he is going to lower my taxes, and when. How is he going to fix a broken educational sytem, and when.

See...the media has spent the last two weeks keeping Mitt's religion and Opra in front of all the real issues. More wedge news from the 5th branch of government, designed to keep US from focusing on what is important.

harnesslover
12-10-2007, 03:29 PM
Oprah is not the bending over type. ;)

And as a man, I thank her for not exposing me to that

JustRalph
12-10-2007, 03:41 PM
The Bill Gates School
for
Disadvantaged Cajun's

Sounds great........but who the hell will be left to ride at Delta Downs?

I want to know whether or not Oprah gets a free pass now? She has always said she didn't enter politics because no one inspired her and "once you are in" you open yourself up to certain scrutiny. Yesterday on Stage in S. Carolina she said she decided Obama was worth the scrutiny. In so many words. Let's see if she gets a pass from the Media. I predict she does........because you cannot be seen as critical of "The Oprah"

harnesslover
12-10-2007, 03:54 PM
The Bill Gates School
for
Disadvantaged Cajun's

Sounds great........but who the hell will be left to ride at Delta Downs?

I want to know whether or not Oprah gets a free pass now? She has always said she didn't enter politics because no one inspired her and "once you are in" you open yourself up to certain scrutiny. Yesterday on Stage in S. Carolina she said she decided Obama was worth the scrutiny. In so many words. Let's see if she gets a pass from the Media. I predict she does........because you cannot be seen as critical of "The Oprah"

Well apparently she weighed the Obama backing pretty hard, as she thought it might ruin her. It's a shame for him that she cannot buy him experience.

Grits
12-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Well apparently she weighed the Obama backing pretty hard, as she thought it might ruin her. It's a shame for him that she cannot buy him experience.

It's also being noted on the news, how many people left these arenas as soon as Oprah finished speaking. They didn't stay for Obama's speeches.

And HL, what I bolded, that you stated, has been my only thought all along in her backing of this candidate. He's new to the political scene, and time carries weight.

Dave Schwartz
12-10-2007, 05:09 PM
JM,

I think I know what you mean, but...

in this day and age where we have one side saying, "Killing is just wrong, wrong, wrong..." (even in war, being the inference), how can violent crimes committed by people with poor environmental backgrounds be tolerated?

Simply put, this world is getting smaller by the day (relatively speaking). We live closer and closer together. We must reach a point where violence is simply not tolerated.

And background is simply not a valid excuse.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

JustMissed
12-10-2007, 05:48 PM
JM,

I think I know what you mean, but...

in this day and age where we have one side saying, "Killing is just wrong, wrong, wrong..." (even in war, being the inference), how can violent crimes committed by people with poor environmental backgrounds be tolerated?

Simply put, this world is getting smaller by the day (relatively speaking). We live closer and closer together. We must reach a point where violence is simply not tolerated.

And background is simply not a valid excuse.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Dave, You haven't been to Vancover lately have you?

Why in the world would you quote my post and then start talking about violence and killing?

I hope you didn't think I was infering some hate group or such.

My experience has been that people, by nature, like to hang around with like kind. Nothing racist, that is just the way it is.

Take a look at the photo section of the PA board. If you see a black face in any group please point it out to me.

There are a lot of black folk that play the horses, I saw several hundred at Tampa Bay Downs last Saturday. Do you see any black folk in the Saratoga photos posted on this website? I don't think so.

I would bet you good money that you do not have one customer for your software that is a black man?

JM

kenwoodallpromos
12-10-2007, 07:10 PM
"My experience has been that people, by nature, like to hang around with like kind. Nothing racist, that is just the way it is.

Take a look at the photo section of the PA board. If you see a black face in any group please point it out to me.

There are a lot of black folk that play the horses, I saw several hundred at Tampa Bay Downs last Saturday. Do you see any black folk in the Saratoga photos posted on this website? I don't think so."

My solution- instead of paying reparations to descendents of black slaves, the Fed should pass a law that every Tbred racetrack that does not have casinos install them, to be owned by slave descendants. In addition to them making $$$, a % would go to purses and another % to lowering takeout.

The Judge
12-10-2007, 07:20 PM
I am shocked but I shouldn't be . Some of you just condemed a whole race of people, you might as well said they are shiftless, lazy, and no account. Never mind that the exact same thing can be said about your race whether its accurate or not. It would certainly be as accurate as anything you have said against black people.

OJ was aquitted because the prosecution couldn't prove he was guilty. There were white people on the jury it wasn't an all black jury. The prosecution has challenges and can kick anyone off the jury that they want. They were satisfied. The defense was better then the prosecution. Prosecutiion witnesses got caught in lies.I don't want to re-hash O. J we will be here forever.

I want to talk about Oprah. You don't like Jessie Jackson, you don't like Al Sharpto, now you don't like Oprah. What black person do you like, that we have heard of ? I bet you didn't like Martin Luther King either that is until he was dead. What about Mahummad Ail ? How can anyone be as milk-toast as Oprah and still be offensive to any white person ? How many white guests does she have to have on? What is she doing with a black friend Gail never mind that her staff seems mainly white,she sending white kids to school and college by hiring their parents. What else do you want?

Its probably best to let black people choose who their leaders will be some of you all's judgement is bad ,real bad.

What would you know about black crime? If you know so much about black crime surely you must know about white crime. Most crime is committed by people of the same race. If you are white that would be white if you are black that would be black, Mexican, Mexican, and so on .What's the first thing that the papers say when a young white kid goes on a rampage and kills up a score of innocent people "he was crazy". Blacks make excuses for black crime another myth. Black juries are very consevative, they will scrutinize the prosecutions as they should .All black juries convict black defendants all the time the same as all white juries convict white defendants all the time.

The problem is many of you believe in half-truths and out and out false hoods.

Greyfox
12-10-2007, 07:28 PM
[QUOTE=kenwoodallpromosMy solution- instead of paying reparations to descendents of black slaves, the Fed should pass a law that every Tbred racetrack that does not have casinos install them, to be owned by slave descendants. In addition to them making $$$, a % would go to purses and another % to lowering takeout.[/QUOTE]

I have lots of friends from all shades of the human rainbow.
However, I don't believe in reparations for any group. And I particularly don't believe in reparations for descendants of slaves. My god we're living in the age of guilt and apology.

skate
12-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Judge,

Bravo!

Dave

Diddo Dave.

i'll add, it (Problem) keeps healthy thru the Media.

Lefty
12-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Judge, there was one white woman on the jury and she was dismissed because Ito got an annonymous letter that said she was writing a book.
Johnny Cochran brought race into the case and was given free reign by Ito. He called for Jury Nullification. There was more evidence against OJ than possibly and suspect in history. There was a mountain of evidence, yet th jury came back quickly. You think they reviewed and discussed all that evidence in less than 2 hours?
It was jury nullification plain and simple.
BTW, the white womanthat was dismissed because the annonymous letter said she was writing a book turned out to be the only juror that DIDN'T write a book.

Lefty
12-10-2007, 07:41 PM
As far as reparations hasn't 50 years of affirmative action been a form of reparation? And hasn't it been enough? I think it has.

jognlope
12-10-2007, 08:23 PM
When I was little I took solace in black people, a woman named WIlliemae who chatted to me and told me I was smart because I could iron well and fold clothes neatly. When I lived along in Brooklyn, I again felt a calm come over me when I got on the bus going down Flatbush Ave on the way to Abraham Straus for the Wednesday one-day sale. All the other riders with a couple exceptions were black, women mostly.

One time I was on the subway and it was sardines right after work. I was sitting down and look up at this black woman. She had kind of a mirth about her. Well I just started giggling and she started giggling and we ended up giggling so hard tears were coming out of our eyes.

Back to Hershey's dark chocolate, no pun intended. This was not a very politically smart response I guess.

harnesslover
12-10-2007, 08:43 PM
I am shocked but I shouldn't be . Some of you just condemed a whole race of people, you might as well said they are shiftless, lazy, and no account. Never mind that the exact same thing can be said about your race whether its accurate or not. It would certainly be as accurate as anything you have said against black people.

OJ was aquitted because the prosecution couldn't prove he was guilty. There were white people on the jury it wasn't an all black jury. The prosecution has challenges and can kick anyone off the jury that they want. They were satisfied. The defense was better then the prosecution. Prosecutiion witnesses got caught in lies.I don't want to re-hash O. J we will be here forever.

I want to talk about Oprah. You don't like Jessie Jackson, you don't like Al Sharpto, now you don't like Oprah. What black person do you like, that we have heard of ? I bet you didn't like Martin Luther King either that is until he was dead. What about Mahummad Ail ? How can anyone be as milk-toast as Oprah and still be offensive to any white person ? How many white guests does she have to have on? What is she doing with a black friend Gail never mind that her staff seems mainly white,she sending white kids to school and college by hiring their parents. What else do you want?

Its probably best to let black people choose who their leaders will be some of you all's judgement is bad ,real bad.

What would you know about black crime? If you know so much about black crime surely you must know about white crime. Most crime is committed by people of the same race. If you are white that would be white if you are black that would be black, Mexican, Mexican, and so on .What's the first thing that the papers say when a young white kid goes on a rampage and kills up a score of innocent people "he was crazy". Blacks make excuses for black crime another myth. Black juries are very consevative, they will scrutinize the prosecutions as they should .All black juries convict black defendants all the time the same as all white juries convict white defendants all the time.

Couple questions for you:

1) FLat out yes or no, just out of pure curiosity, do you think OJ killed his wife and her lover? Or had someone kill them? Simple yes or no

2) Do you think you are a racist? Simple yes or no.

3) Are you more comfortable around black people than white people? Simple yes or no.

4) Do you act differently around close black friends than you do around close white friends?

harnesslover
12-10-2007, 08:47 PM

And you are shocked by 'racial comments', then you say something so incredibly stupid as the comment above? Holy F..

Tom
12-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Ditto that....I thought we all Ameicans?
We have to have seperate leaders now?
Thinking like that is why we have two Americas

BTW, who voted for the Reverand Jackson?

Marshall Bennett
12-10-2007, 09:24 PM

There are many black people I like !! There are many white people I do not like !! No , I don't care much for Oprah , as for O.J. , he's a killer , plain & simple .... no I don't " like " him !!

The Judge
12-10-2007, 10:10 PM
I have one question for you are, you foolish? Stupid, I didn't vote for Bush and Cheney did you? Those are the leaders of this country the highest job in the land and you have nerve to talk about Sharpton and Jackson. What war did they start.

harnesslover
12-10-2007, 10:32 PM
I have one question for you are, you foolish? Stupid, I didn't vote for Bush and Cheney did you? Those are the leaders of this country the highest job in the land and you have nerve to talk about Sharpton and Jackson. What war did they start.

what does one have to do with the other?

JustRalph
12-10-2007, 10:37 PM

Boy, when you talk out your rear end, you do it right. I notice you are called Judge, but do you have any Law Enforcement experience, legal experience?

first off, the prosecution gets two challenges on a jury. Only two. they can't just throw anybody they want off a jury. there are certain exceptions and there are other ways to get someone Dq'ed on a jury.....but they can't just throw anybody they want off.

The OJ jury was presented evidence that the chances of the DNA evidence being wrong was about 100,000 to one. That wasn't good enough for them.

None of the OJ pros. witnesses got caught in lies. they got caught using the N-Word. They got caught "dressing up" their reports. But they didn't get caught lying. Everything they reported was factual.

Btw, if you want to look it up, over 40% of all violent crime is committed by a black male between the ages of 13-54. This number has remained fairly constant since the 60's. Black males make up about 8 percent of the population. Much of this number is black on black crime. So the numbers are skewed somewhat. But it is still an incredible number to ponder. Approx. 3% of the entire population of black males in the U.S. are convicted of a crime each year and sentenced to prison time. Many of these are frequent flyer's. But think about that number? 3 out of every ten black males in the U.S. will be convicted of a crime this year, and sent to prison. this doesn't count the ones that are convicted and not imprisoned. The numbers say that another 2% will be convicted of a crime, but not imprisoned. 5 of every ten will be convicted of some crime (above traffic infractions) every year. 3 of them will serve prison time. This is a crisis in the black community.

Blacks make up 49 percent of the prison population in the country. In the 1950's the prison population in the U.S. was 65 percent white. Blacks were 35 percent. This has all occurred during the reign of Sharpton and Jackson and the rest of the so called "Black leaders" The proof is in the pudding. Tack on the "great society" programs and now our 4th generation of those programs and you can see the ruination of an entire group of people. This is an internal social issue that can only be cured within the black community. But nobody wants to admit that. Bill Cosby gets hammered for making this statement.

You want some names of black persons that I admire? How about Bill Cosby, Tavis Smiley. Montel Williams is a good story and a credit to the individual. You ever heard of Thomas Sowell? Doctor Walter Williams? How about the Tuskegee Airmen? Ossie Davis and Ruby Dee. Ray Charles? How about those pioneering blacks who built places like Stax records? And were ripped off blind. I could go on. But the point is, I see these people as individuals. Not as blacks, whites or whomever. That includes those convicted of crimes. I heard Chris Rock say once, "you may be living in a black neighborhood where crime is rampant, but that aint' no excuse to get involved" Interesting observation. I know that boils it down maybe too much. But I grew up in a rough area and many of my so called friends went to jail. Many became drug addicts and are living shitty lives. My best friend growing up died of a Cocaine overdose at 35. But some of us made other choices. We had somebody to oversee us. That leads to the fact that 70 percent of black children are born to unwed mothers with no father. You think that might have something to do with the numbers above? Oprah could be out preaching and using her money to get something done internally in the black community. Right here in the U.S. For God sakes! She lives in Chicago???? Enough rant............... :bang:

Indulto
12-10-2007, 11:07 PM
Good post, JR.

Is it ironic or poetic that HL gets bailed out by someone he influenced to refer to himself as a "fat slob." :cool:

I couldn't help but notice that such high-profile black Republicans as Powell, Rice, and Thomas were conspicuously absent from your list. ;)

Frankly, I feel Oprah is better presidential material than either Obama or Clinton, and that her presence detracts from Obama just as Bill's does from Hilary.

Your honor,
It is rare to see a poster flush away their credibility in a single post, but you have succeeded. And all because your opponent seemingly harbors a dislike for people with existing or prior weight problems. :D

harnesslover
12-10-2007, 11:14 PM
It is rare to see a poster flush away their credibility in a single post, but you have succeeded. And all because your opponent seemingly harbors a dislike for people with existing or prior weight problems. :D

It's a shame that you lack the sense of humor to appreciate that my horseplayers/fat slob thread was taking a shot at myself as well.

Let it go bub.

The Judge
12-10-2007, 11:16 PM
Each state is different the number is set by statute

"Peremptory Challenges; Number Available.In a prosecution by indictment or information if the offense charged is punishable by a life sentence, each side is entitled to twenty peremptory challenges, otherwise the government is entitled to six peremptory challenges and the defendant or defendants jointly to ten peremptory challenges. In a prosecution by complaint, each side is entitled to three peremptory challenges. If there is more than one defendant, the court may allow the defendants additional peremptory challenges and permit them to..."

JustRalph
12-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Each state is different the number is set by statute

"Peremptory Challenges; Number Available.In a prosecution by indictment or information if the offense charged is punishable by a life sentence, each side is entitled to twenty peremptory challenges, otherwise the government is entitled to six peremptory challenges and the defendant or defendants jointly to ten peremptory challenges. In a prosecution by complaint, each side is entitled to three peremptory challenges. If there is more than one defendant, the court may allow the defendants additional peremptory challenges and permit them to..."

Is that all you got? Wow, they still can't kick off anybody they want. You ever heard a challenge argued when one side wants the juror to stay and the other wants them to go? It can get messy. If it was unlimited as you state........we would never get a trial done............I am done with you..........you showed your true colors.

The Judge
12-10-2007, 11:31 PM
The prosecution had 10 challenges left. I have to resond to things like the number of challenges because they are factually incorrect.

The conversation was Oprah and Obama I didn't bring up "the juice" someone else brought that up.

Indulto
12-10-2007, 11:56 PM
It's a shame that you lack the sense of humor to appreciate that my horseplayers/fat slob thread was taking a shot at myself as well.

Let it go bub.Outgrew your sulky, did you Herve? ;)

Well, don't feel bad. Maybe you'll grow a thicker skin as well. You'll need it if YOUR sense of humor doesn't improve. What are you going to do if you find out that more than one person here isn't impressed with it so far? :cool:

banacek
12-11-2007, 12:15 AM
Methinks that the username keeps changing, but the posts remain the same.

JustRalph
12-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Ok, I declare a Truce! In the interest of good board relations!

You guys agree?.................get on with it!

harnesslover
12-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Outgrew your sulky, did you Herve? ;)

Well, don't feel bad. Maybe you'll grow a thicker skin as well. You'll need it if YOUR sense of humor doesn't improve. What are you going to do if you find out that more than one person here isn't impressed with it so far? :cool:

Believe me, I've got thick skin pup.. I don't get offended by what people say, you seem to take it personally. You gotta get over that my friend.

And you are telling me more than one person isn't impressed with my sense of humor? Oh god, say it ain't so!!

harnesslover
12-11-2007, 09:24 AM
The prosecution had 10 challenges left. I have to resond to things like the number of challenges because they are factually incorrect.

The conversation was Oprah and Obama I didn't bring up "the juice" someone else brought that up.

You still never answered whether you thought OJ killed his wife.. Inquiring minds wanna know

The Judge
12-11-2007, 10:41 AM
The Hell with O.J !

Lefty
12-11-2007, 11:15 AM
Then yes or no wouldv'e been much shorter.

Indulto
12-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Believe me, I've got thick skin pup.. I don't get offended by what people say,...Now THAT was funny.:jump: Next time, try doing it intentionally.;) ... you seem to take it personally. You gotta get over that my friend.

And you are telling me more than one person isn't impressed with my sense of humor? Oh god, say it ain't so!!I can only speak for myself. :cool:

harnesslover
12-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Now THAT was funny.:jump: Next time, try doing it intentionally.;) I can only speak for myself. :cool:

Ok, I gotta be honest, you're boring me. I like a good argument like the next guy, but you got nothing, it's not even fun.

Either add SOMETHING constructive to this thread or go whine somewhere else.

We all thank you.

The Judge
12-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Then yes or no wouldv'e been much shorter.

Why would you c-re wht I think boput O.J . Ju-t to put end to thi- . I think he did it, but not proven beyond - re---onble doubt in crimini-l tri-l. Civil tri-l better evidence.

End of O.J for me if you wnt to t-lk O.J do new thre-d. Give choice wheter to reply or not.

banacek
12-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Ok, I declare a Truce! In the interest of good board relations!

You guys agree?.................get on with it!

Kudos to you JR. Am I mistaken or has harnesslover been around here a few times before under different names?

Lefty
12-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Judge, my last word on O.J. If you think there was a reasonable doubt with all the evidence that was presented, then you could not convict anyone of anything without seeing the person do it!

Indulto
12-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Ok, I gotta be honest, you're boring me. I like a good argument like the next guy, but you got nothing, it's not even fun.If you're HONESTLY bored and not having fun, why do you keep responding? :confused: Either add SOMETHING constructive to this thread or go whine somewhere else.

We all thank you.I'm not the one who's doing the complaining. Was that "we all" as in y'all? ;)

harnesslover
12-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Why would you c-re wht I think boput O.J . Ju-t to put end to thi- . I think he did it, but not proven beyond - re---onble doubt in crimini-l tri-l. Civil tri-l better evidence.

End of O.J for me if you wnt to t-lk O.J do new thre-d. Give choice wheter to reply or not.

Do you have a vowel limitation where you work?

harnesslover
12-11-2007, 12:56 PM
If you're HONESTLY bored and not having fun, why do you keep responding? :confused: I'm not the one who's doing the complaining. Was that "we all" as in y'all? ;)

if you're fat you're fat, if you're offended, who gives a shit.. Get over it.

If you want to discuss the thread topic, let's.. Otherwise, seriously move on..

I've got nothing against you, you're probably a quality individual that simply took offense to a joke.. Its over with

46zilzal
12-11-2007, 12:58 PM
This isn't the guy from Delaware in a new suit? SQ 764?

harnesslover
12-11-2007, 01:15 PM

what did you say, Kreed?

banacek
12-11-2007, 01:49 PM

among others - don't bring up Michele Wie!

Show Me the Wire
12-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Straying far from the subject of Oprah aren't we?

Indulto
12-11-2007, 01:57 PM
if you're fat you're fat, if you're offended, who gives a shit.. Get over it.

If you want to discuss the thread topic, let's.. Otherwise, seriously move on..

I've got nothing against you, you're probably a quality individual that simply took offense to a joke. Its over withWeight a minute. No need for foul language. :D

How can whatever you're not over with be over? :confused: You never mentioned the content of my original post concerning Oprah. Who's not staying on-topic?

harnesslover
12-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Weight a minute. No need for foul language. :D

How can whatever you're not over with be over? :confused: You never mentioned the content of my original post concerning Oprah. Who's not staying on-topic?

<sigh> I tried, but you want to continue being a child.. ignore list works I guess

banacek
12-11-2007, 02:01 PM
what did you say, Kreed?

46 is not creed, phils. Kreed had a way of writing all to himself!

Indulto
12-11-2007, 02:11 PM
<sigh> I tried, but you want to continue being a child.. ignore list works I guessHere's a test post just for you. ;)

harnesslover
12-11-2007, 02:13 PM
46 is not creed, phils. Kreed had a way of writing all to himself!

U might be right.. was it Derek2u?

Tom
12-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Derek, Kreed, PlanB......a man of many names.
Like Santa! :D

harnesslover
12-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Not good for the O's

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

"According a New York Times/CBS News poll released Monday, only 1 percent of Democrats polled reported that Winfrey's endorsement would make them more likely to support Obama, while 14 percent said they would be less likely to vote for the candidate because of Winfrey's support."

Judge, does this mean there are MORE people than just me that dislike Oprah?? Holy F!!