PDA

View Full Version : BRIS stable alert -- what good is it?

DJofSD
12-09-2007, 12:17 PM
Damn. BRIS must have been on vacation.

I saw a move by Soulshine a few races back and decided to put him in a BRIS stable alert.

I just now received an email alert he's running in today's 2nd at the big A. That's about 45 minutes before posts time. I've been sitting in front of my computer for many hours this morning and to just now get a notification really pisses me off.

:ThmbDown:

Rant off. Have a better/bettor day.

john del riccio
12-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Damn. BRIS must have been on vacation.

I saw a move by Soulshine a few races back and decided to put him in a BRIS stable alert.

I just now received an email alert he's running in today's 2nd at the big A. That's about 45 minutes before posts time. I've been sitting in front of my computer for many hours this morning and to just now get a notification really pisses me off.

:ThmbDown:

Rant off. Have a better/bettor day.

I like ROYAL MOMENT in that spot, he is a better horse than DADDY JOE but the bettors don't think so as DJ isa 7-5 with 7 MTP and RM is 3-1.

John

tupper
12-09-2007, 01:10 PM
I've been sitting in front of my computer for many hours this morning and to just now get a notification really pisses me off.

I think that Stable Alert defaults to a short advance notice time.

I set my Stable Alert account to notify me 48 hours in advance (don't remember how, but it was easy).

DJofSD
12-09-2007, 01:38 PM
How often do you wish to receive e-mail (choose all that apply):
Immediately Daily Summary <=== Daily Summary

How soon do you wish to be notified (choose all that apply):
48 Hours 24 Hours Same Day <=== all 3 checked -- 48, 24 hours and Same Day

How often do you wish to receive results (choose all that apply):
Immediately Daily Summary <=== Daily Summary

Do you wish to receive workouts:
Yes No <=== Yes

Do you wish to receive carryovers:
Yes No Minimum Amount <=== No; 0

What type of e-mail format do you prefer:
HTML Text <=== HTML

I guess I should have checked things on my end first. :bang: Thanks.

# Horse Jockey Weight Win Place Show
6 Royal Moment Elliott Stewart 120 6.30 3.40 2.60
7 Maddy's Lion Fragoso Pablo 120 6.80 4.10
5 Soulshine Prado Edgar S. 120 7.60

BIG49010
12-09-2007, 11:10 PM
Something must be going on, I haven't received Stable Mail in 4 days!

DJofSD
12-10-2007, 09:18 AM
I received a daily summary and a work out notification earlier this Monday morning. I suspect some process was broken and not noticed right away.

Where is the daily work out information coming from? Is there someplace on the BRIS web site with the information?

ranchwest
12-10-2007, 09:46 AM
I would think that "Immediately" would be better than "Daily Summary".

Grits
12-10-2007, 10:38 AM
I received a daily summary and a work out notification earlier this Monday morning. I suspect some process was broken and not noticed right away.

Where is the daily work out information coming from? Is there someplace on the BRIS web site with the information?

On the Brisnet website, if you've received a daily summary (Stable Alert) for your listed horses, trainers, etc. scroll down a little and you'll note a spot that you can click-on to make revisions. This is a place for existing members already using Stable Alert. It is below the information for those that wish to activate a new account Stable.

I didn't receive entries/results/daily summary for a couple of days, now, it is working fine this a.m.