PDA

View Full Version : Delta Jackpot: Post race interview

JustRalph
12-08-2007, 03:11 AM
Anybody see the post race interview with Calvin Borel and G.Gomez after they dead heated in the Delta Jackpot? Anybody who is a student of body language and saw how Calvin was holding onto the Trophy (while Garrett held it also) might come to the conclusion that Calvin doesn't seem to like Garrett much. Maybe I am reading too much into it............but wondered if anybody knew whether these two ever had any bad blood?

point given
12-08-2007, 10:01 AM
I noticed that Garrett seemed to have a higher grip on the trophy, while Calvin supported the bottom. Calvin seemed to dis the Mott horse, while GArrett said that the horse kept pulling himself up. Garrett rode his horse very hard i thought and BoRail, swept wide around the field to the wire. i thought calvin won it for sure and was shocked to get a heater out of it. Hard to believe that was a million dollar race. As far as Garrett and Calvin, I donot know , but read a comment from Tyler Baze in cali that he resented Garrett coming back there and taking mounts that he worked hard to get and lost, but thats nothing new among jocks i guess.

Bruddah
12-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Dem Cajuns won't be makin no #2 trophy....No. Dey will tak a haksaw to the #1 trophy...yeah! Each of dem will get a piece of the #1 trophy...Yeah! :lol:

onefast99
12-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Gomez is tough to figure out, Borel is a mid-western boy who can ride with the best of them. Dont know if they had any bad blood between them. I wouldnt make much out of the trophy thing. I dont think either horse is going to be in the headlines come derby day.

whyhorseofcourse
12-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Personally I was really suprised calvin took the mount on the woodbine horse.
But he had to know something I didnt! :bang:

Endsweep24
12-08-2007, 09:51 PM
I heard Borel told someone after the race that Turf War could be a very serious horse down the road he certainly has the pedigree, being a full brother to Grasshopper. and he definitely has the right connections bred and owned by Lane's End.

If he were mine I think I would definitely keep him on the Dirt instead of poly.

OTM Al
12-08-2007, 10:22 PM
You know though since this train wreck of a race is graded, not one, but both of these finishers just locked a berth in the Derby?

Zaf
12-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Train Wreck ? Graded Stakes for 2YO in Dec. on a Bullring , NO. :lol:

Z

JustRalph
12-08-2007, 11:17 PM
If get to watch the replay, watch PVAL and the ride he gave "Overextended"

I think the local boys schooled him a little............

PVAL tried to go way wide.............I don't know how much experience PVAL has down there............but I get the feeling wide wasn't the place to be

LRL Racing
12-10-2007, 07:00 PM
I do know that Borel's agent told the connections that he would go anywhere anytime to ride Turf War in his next start. The horse is going to Ocala for some vacation time but they definetly have the Derby on the radar depending on how he runs his next few starts. Grasshopper is at New Orleans and doing great from all indications and plans to start in the New Orleans Handicap.
I do not know of any bad blood between Garrett and Calvin but Calvin was just being honest in saying his horse got to him quickly and he came back to him.

Marshall Bennett
12-10-2007, 09:14 PM
I noticed that Garrett seemed to have a higher grip on the trophy, while Calvin supported the bottom. Calvin seemed to dis the Mott horse, while GArrett said that the horse kept pulling himself up. Garrett rode his horse very hard i thought and BoRail, swept wide around the field to the wire. i thought calvin won it for sure and was shocked to get a heater out of it. Hard to believe that was a million dollar race. As far as Garrett and Calvin, I donot know , but read a comment from Tyler Baze in cali that he resented Garrett coming back there and taking mounts that he worked hard to get and lost, but thats nothing new among jocks i guess.
Yeah and thats a shame ..... Tyler is as good if not better than Gomez !!!

Wickel
12-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Tyler's not nearly as talented as Garrett. Go-Go is amazing to watch when the running starts. He rarely has his horse out of range, and gives 200 percent when the hammer's down. I don't see that from Tyler. He's afflicted with the Jerry Bailey Syndrome--he always looks great when he's on a Cadillac. By the way, those were Garrett's mounts to begin with. Remember: It was Garrett who left Southern Cal first.

Marshall Bennett
12-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Tyler's not nearly as talented as Garrett. Go-Go is amazing to watch when the running starts. He rarely has his horse out of range, and gives 200 percent when the hammer's down. I don't see that from Tyler. He's afflicted with the Jerry Bailey Syndrome--he always looks great when he's on a Cadillac. By the way, those were Garrett's mounts to begin with. Remember: It was Garrett who left Southern Cal first.
Go back over the past few months and count the long shots Tyler's brought home . Garrett's the one riding all the Cadillacs . Besides ... he's a snob off camera !!

JustRalph
12-11-2007, 05:30 PM
I will take Tyler or Garrett, but in Socal I will take Tyler..............home court advantage? Who knows.........