PDA

View Full Version : Not a hate crime.......Huh? Firefighter in Boston

JustRalph
12-08-2007, 02:56 AM
I don't believe there is any such thing as a hate crime..........but this is kind of odd............if you ask me. Apparently white guys can't be a victim of a hate crime. Under any circumstances............... :bang:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view.bg?articleid=1048413

Firefighter stabbed in Eastie pack attack
A Boston firefighter is mending from what could have been deadly stab wounds he suffered early yesterday morning when he was allegedly jumped in East Boston while off duty by a group of Hispanic males who told him they “don’t want any gringo here.”

Though police are not classifying the incident as racially fueled, the Boston Police Department’s Community Disorders Unit is investigating. The 32-year-old jake, whose name officials were not releasing, is white.

Ironically, the firefighter’s life was likely saved because he sought refuge from his alleged assailants at Engine 5 on Saratoga Street - the station house he’s assigned to.

“Fortunately, those firefighters were not out on a call,” said Boston Fire Department spokesman Steve MacDonald.

~more at the link~

ljb
12-08-2007, 09:59 AM
I don't believe there is any such thing as a hate crime..........but this is kind of odd............if you ask me. Apparently white guys can't be a victim of a hate crime. Under any circumstances............... :bang:

Oxymoron comes to mind here.

Tom
12-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Boston.....refuge city, isn't it?
Enough said.

GaryG
12-08-2007, 11:10 AM
Then give them what they want. The next time there is a fire in that area...Burn Baby Burn. Then they would complain about discrimination. I hope Boston gets about a million more of them.

lilmegahertz
12-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Please correct me if I am wrong, but aren't Hispanics the majority race in America right now? And if they are, then wouldn't the stabbing of a white minority be a hate crime under the rules of today?

46zilzal
12-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Please correct me if I am wrong, but aren't Hispanics the majority race in America right now? And if they are, then wouldn't the stabbing of a white minority be a hate crime under the rules of today?
You are WAY off base in that assumption.
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0762156.html

Also YET another xenophobic post from the KING of that observation. Want to taser him for it? SURE you do, you just need that chance.

shanta
12-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Please correct me if I am wrong, but aren't Hispanics the majority race in America right now?

Not yet "Lil".
Give it another 10-15 years til us Gringos are the minority.

:confused:

chickenhead
12-08-2007, 12:27 PM
California will very soon be majority Hispanic. It is very close to even right now, but the kids tell the story:

Public School Enrollment, by Race/Ethnicity: 2007

California Percent
African American/Black 7.6%
Asian 8.1%
Caucasian/White 29.4%
Filipino 2.6%
Hispanic/Latino 48.1%
Native American/Alaska Native 0.8%
Pacific Islander 0.6%

lilmegahertz
12-08-2007, 12:33 PM
No, I do not believe in tasering people for their opinions, unless they try to remove others from their freedoms for which I fought for. I merely asked a question on what I heard mentioned on one of the major news outlets a few months ago. Thank you for the link though.

lilmegahertz
12-08-2007, 12:37 PM
But we cannot possibly use a census for a true tally as there are a lot of Hispanics not even documented in this country. Interesting the school polls are the ones we should go by. For the children would be documented in school while their parents are just on some guys "under the table" payroll.

GaryG
12-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Also YET another xenophobic post from the KING of that observation. Want to taser him for it? SURE you do, you just need that chance.No zilly....it is you that wants to taser him. This is possibly your dumbest post ever....and that is a statement with awesome implications.

chickenhead
12-08-2007, 12:43 PM
those school numbers are just for california. The national levels are lower, around 15%.

lilmegahertz
12-08-2007, 12:51 PM
those school numbers are just for california. The national levels are lower, around 15%.

Try Washington state, especially around the Sunnyside/Grandview areas. Whereever there are farms to be worked, the majority race is Hispanic. Or Texas.

chickenhead
12-08-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm sure that's true. Believe it or not, I've actually been to Sunnyside. Installed some telco equipment up on a ridge above the town, and out on the farms amongst the winter wheat.

A somewhat funny story about my trip there.

My coworker and I were up on this ridge, about a 20 minute drive above the town. Desolate area, nothing up there but rocks. We are finished for the day, packing our equipment back to the van from the telco hut, multiple trips.

On the last circuit, we see there is a dog in the back seat. An old female yellow lab, apparently decided rather than walk back to town she'd hitch a ride back with us and was stretched out on the backseat. Lord knows what she was doing up there in the first place.

So that's fine with us, she warmed to us, licked our hands, friendly old girl. We drive back down to town and stop at a supermarket for a 12 pack and some snacks. We jump out and so does she, figure she must be headed on her way. But instead, she follows us and comes right into the supermarket.

We head towards the cooler, she heads over towards the deli. We can hear people, kind of startled, but laughing, its a rural community, they think it's funny, so do we. The lady behind the deli counter grabs a pork rib or something to give to the dog...well that old girl not only snatches the rib but takes a goodly chunk out of the ladies hand...she starts hollerin bloody murder, the dog is sprinting around the store dodging people with this pork rib hanging out of her mouth...the doors open and she books out and down the street.

My buddy and I are about rollin' on the floor at this point, people are trying to figure out whose dog it is, we're silent on that point.

So we go about our business, back to hotel, cleaned up, out to dinner. Around 8pm or so, coming back to the hotel...we see a police cruiser with his spotlight on driving down the road, and his light is trained on none other that that old outlaw bitch...trying to give him the shake, running off down the road.

I still wonder about that old dog sometimes, whether she's still on the lam, hiding out in the rocky hills above town. She was quite the western character.

46zilzal
12-08-2007, 01:18 PM
No zilly....it is you that wants to taser him. This is possibly your dumbest post ever....and that is a statement with awesome implications.
I could prove the xenophobe part but I have to go out to the track in an hour to work.

Trigger happy..part of the above the law crowd and carries a concealed weapon for use against all of them....What a laugh.

lilmegahertz
12-08-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm sure that's true. Believe it or not, I've actually been to Sunnyside. Installed some telco equipment up on a ridge above the town, and out on the farms amongst the winter wheat.

A somewhat funny story about my trip there.

My coworker and I were up on this ridge, about a 20 minute drive above the town. Desolate area, nothing up there but rocks. We are finished for the day, packing our equipment back to the van from the telco hut, multiple trips.

On the last circuit, we see there is a dog in the back seat. An old female yellow lab, apparently decided rather than walk back to town she'd hitch a ride back with us and was stretched out on the backseat. Lord knows what she was doing up there in the first place.

So that's fine with us, she warmed to us, licked our hands, friendly old girl. We drive back down to town and stop at a supermarket for a 12 pack and some snacks. We jump out and so does she, figure she must be headed on her way. But instead, she follows us and comes right into the supermarket.

We head towards the cooler, she heads over towards the deli. We can hear people, kind of startled, but laughing, its a rural community, they think it's funny, so do we. The lady behind the deli counter grabs a pork rib or something to give to the dog...well that old girl not only snatches the rib but takes a goodly chunk out of the ladies hand...she starts hollerin bloody murder, the dog is sprinting around the store dodging people with this pork rib hanging out of her mouth...the doors open and she books out and down the street.

My buddy and I are about rollin' on the floor at this point, people are trying to figure out whose dog it is, we're silent on that point.

So we go about our business, back to hotel, cleaned up, out to dinner. Around 8pm or so, coming back to the hotel...we see a police cruiser with his spotlight on driving down the road, and his light is trained on none other that that old outlaw bitch...trying to give him the shake, running off down the road.

I still wonder about that old dog sometimes, whether she's still on the lam, hiding out in the rocky hills above town. She was quite the western character.

That is a good story...I can just picture it. My grandparents were migrant field workers in that area and I pictured the hills around as I read your story...:)

PaceAdvantage
12-08-2007, 04:01 PM
No, I do not believe in tasering people for their opinions, unless they try to remove others from their freedoms for which I fought for. I merely asked a question on what I heard mentioned on one of the major news outlets a few months ago. Thank you for the link though.46 has been here for years, yet he still doesn't know who to write a coherent post. His "taser" comment was directed at the originator of this thread, JustRalph. Sorry for the confusion.

PaceAdvantage
12-08-2007, 04:03 PM
I could prove the xenophobe part but I have to go out to the track in an hour to work.

Trigger happy..part of the above the law crowd and carries a concealed weapon for use against all of them....What a laugh.Are these libelous comments? I believe they just might be....you'd best watch your accusations....it's getting out of hand. You have no clue about the reality of Ralph, although you will continue to THINK you know EXACTLY what reality is....

Very sad....

BIG RED
12-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Red Sox should stop winning, then maybe Y'all will forget Boson :D

46, you put up a pop. of under 300mil? That has to be outdated. And for Boston, I remember a front page article in one of our papers, that whites are under 50%.

Just doing my once a month drop in at off topic. Had to here (Boston)

Suff
12-08-2007, 04:12 PM
MY THEORY IS:The off duty Firefighter got jacked while buying drugs at 3:00 AM

OF COURSE I DON'T KNOW THIS FOR A FACT....

A bunch of crazy, racists with knives is #5 on the top ten list of excuses to cover up your screw up.

There are ten ways to know the story was bogus before I told you.

ljb
12-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Well what do you know some dummy in Florida just got shot for running over his neighbors blow up santa.
Everybody knows when you are going to run over your neighbors yard displays you have to be packing heat.
Jr, get a hold of this dude and straighten his ass out. KaBOOOM !!!

ddog
12-08-2007, 06:16 PM
I don't know, but if you read the story the "guys with knives" walked/jogged behind the guy's car BACK to a firehouse and that was when they decided to do the assault?

How do they know he isn't going to drive home 20 miles or something?
They planned on doing a marathon then?

sounds a little weird for sure.

if they didn't want no gringo why not do the assault right at the car when he got the food?